• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Whistler timeshare for a July (or September) vacation?

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
I don’t have my timeshare any longer but still have my RCI membership for the rentals.

. Planning a Whistler trip and can be flexible (driving up from Portland). Just my hub and me, seniors but still active hikers. Prefer something that’s walkable to/around the village but not in a noisy location. Someplace where we can hang out on the balcony and enjoy the views. We don’t use pools, hot tubs, sports courts or spas. We don’t mind an older resort as long as it’s clean and comfortable.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
1713522926732.png

We stayed here for two weeks in ski season 2023. Completely refurbished. In the lower village across from the Marketplace. Far enough from the center of the village that night time party noise not an issue, still an easy to walk up through the village. Note the unit pictures on the RCI site are dated. They do not reflect the fact that the units have been completely refurbished.

Last edited:

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Thanks, I’ll put Twin Peaks on my list. It’s not available as an RCI rental until November but places keep popping up all the time.

Do the units at Twin Peaks have nice balconies (for warm weather)?

Love your profile photo, we just said goodbye to our elderly dogs.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They have decent balcony. We were there in January so didn't really use. Our unit was ground floor facing the street so not perfect, but there was a view of the mountains in the distance.

Hard when our pups leave us. We had to say goodbye to our 17 year old girl about a year ago. We then adopted a two year old brown English Cocker . You get very attached to them. When I travel, I look forward to seeing my dog when I get home.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
I live nearby and go often to whistler staying in many of the resorts. There are 3 areas at Whistler so that’s something to watch for.

Creek side is far from the village and taking the us or driving is required to get to the village.

Upper village units are nice. They are ski in ski out so up on the hill with lovely views. Definitely also need to drive to get into the village for shopping if you’re not feeling spry or enthusiastic for packing groceries up the hillside.

There’s 8 or more resorts through RCI right in the village. I recommend you check the map search feature when you see one available.

If you find one available I’d been happy to comment on it if I’ve stayed there.

As others have mentioned Twin Peaks is a fave for many reasons. I preferred the prior furnishings before they upgraded. Was more cozy in my opinion.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
As others have mentioned Twin Peaks is a fave for many reasons. I preferred the prior furnishings before they upgraded. Was more cozy in my opinion.

The only time I stayed at Twin Peaks was post refurbishment. I found it to be very comfortable, BUT I have seen photos pre-refurbished. While the former looked dated, I did prefer the former kitchen and dining lay-out.

For those not familiar with the place, the refurbishment was more than carpet, paint and furniture. They actually changed the layout of the kitchen, dining and living areas.

Bill4728

Reaction score
HGVC at Whistler (AKA Club Intrawest ) has everything you want. Across from the Chateau in the upper village.

All the one and two bedroom units have a balcony

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I just booked Twin Peaks again for late Feb 2025. Prime ski week.