• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Westin/Sheraton to buy for trading with II and MVC?

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Tradewinds is not part of Diamond. How did you book tradewinds catamaran in Bora Bora?

Tradewinds exchanges in RCI with a 1 in 4 limitation and mandatory all inclusive. You can also go through SFX.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
How much does that make a Tradewinds exchange cost?

It varies per location. Belize is running $2,590 for two people for a week. Fiji is $2,912. That's in addition to whatever MF is on the unit you exchanged from and the exchange fee ($249 IIRC).

osman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, WKORV, SDO x 2, SMV, Westin Flex
Are we sure about this?

I attended SWV's presentation recently and took these screenshots. Can we say they help us consider the future possibilities???
I've been looking all over for a chart that contains the Bonvoy point conversions shown in purple! Do you have the source document? If not, how did you get invited to this presentation?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Tradewinds is not part of Diamond. How did you book tradewinds catamaran in Bora Bora?
I also own RCI points which I use for DVC trades and the 1 in 4 Tradewinds cruises

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I've been looking all over for a chart that contains the Bonvoy point conversions shown in purple! Do you have the source document? If not, how did you get invited to this presentation?
Useless and incorrect ancient information. I don't think the conversions shown are accurate (I'm pretty sure that all 148,100 Staroptions VOIs get 240,000 Bonvoy points, with adjustments for elite levels which get extra, and VOIs with different StarOptions values get proportionately more of less but I think the relationship of Bonvoy points value to StarOptions is consistent across the program.)

While it's possible that some of that will change post-"merger", the slides shown are from several years ago and are completely obsolete.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Useless and incorrect ancient information. I don't think the conversions shown are accurate (I'm pretty sure that all 148,100 Staroptions VOIs get 240,000 Bonvoy points, with adjustments for elite levels which get extra, and VOIs with different StarOptions values get proportionately more of less but I think the relationship of Bonvoy points value to StarOptions is consistent across the program.)

While it's possible that some of that will change post-"merger", the slides shown are from several years ago and are completely obsolete.

Not all 148,100's get the same conversion. My WKORV and WKORVN get 240K, but my WLR and WDW get 216K. Been like that since the beginning. Elite bonus on top of that...

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
I filled out the Westin Vacation Club interest form and got a call a couple of hours later.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Eric B or anyone
Do you have the google sheet for Timeshare Nation's inventory? I had it at some point, but I no longer know where it is.

Thanks!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The spreadsheet is much more comprehensive than the website. In other words, it lists states that one can't find from the pull down menu on the website. Do you know why?

No idea why. When I look at the listings there, I generally only look for resorts that I'm familiar with and would be interested in picking up a week at, so haven't ever actually used the pull down menu on the website.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will see The Colonies 4 BR LOs every once in a while in the free timeshare forum here on TUG. There are also generally a few that go through Timeshare Nation throughout the year. You can look for them here:

There are a few things to bear in mind - always check the week of the year and that it's a fixed week that you pick up. In II, the Travel Demand Index for Williamsburg is TDI 29 and weeks 23-34 are at 150 then, but the drop off is quite sharp for the rest of the year. I own a week 31 at The Colonies and have down fairly well trading in II with it.

As far as SVV goes, I haven't seen many of the mandatory SVV phases being given away free on eBay; those generally attract some bidders because of the usability with Vistana. I did manage to pick up a free EOYO SVV Key West 2 BR prime season/platinum through Timeshare Nation the other day, but when those show up they go very quickly. I've been using my SVV weeks in ThirdHome rather than II, when not using the StarOptions for other Vistana reservations, but will likely switch to using them in II since ThirdHome changed the number of Keys I get for a deposit from there.
Is there any reason why the Colonies should trade better than any of the other Williamsburg properties?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its a marriott.

Actually, The Colonies at Williamsburg is a Vacation Village property. I believe the Marriott Vacation Club one there is Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
I was thinking Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony. Too many "Plantations, Colonies, Ocean, Surf" names.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking Marriott's Manor Club at Ford Colony. Too many "Plantations, Colonies, Ocean, Surf" names.

Well, a lot of the Plantation ones have been going away....