• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

which Vistana

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Happy New Year all,

I am helping my niece find a Vistana through Tugs. She vacationed in Orlando last summer and loved it and was planning to purchase from the developer but fortunately she contacted me first. Her 5 children aged 1 through 12 loved the resort and her husband likes the idea of trading into other resorts. Please direct me to a thread discussing the trading value of the Orlando resorts and phases.

Trudy

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year all,

I am helping my niece find a Vistana through Tugs. She vacationed in Orlando last summer and loved it and was planning to purchase from the developer but fortunately she contacted me first. Her 5 children aged 1 through 12 loved the resort and her husband likes the idea of trading into other resorts. Please direct me to a thread discussing the trading value of the Orlando resorts and phases.

Trudy
most of orlando has poor trade value because it is over built. However you can purchase resales at Sheraton Vistana Villages in the Bella or Keywest sections only. Then you will recieve the Staroptions with the transfer of ownership. You can then use your options to trade into other Sheraton/Westin properties at the 8 month mark. Or you can book your Home resort at the 12 months mark.

There are other systems also like Marriott and Hilton, so I woulddo your research first to see what system might work for you. Youhave definitely come to the right place to learn and save mucho $$$

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks byeloe,
Am I understanding Vistana in Orlando (other than Bella and Key West) can not trade directly through Sheraton? I am a Marriot owner but my niece and her husband really want Vistana

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks byeloe,
Am I understanding Vistana in Orlando (other than Bella and Key West) can not trade directly through Sheraton? I am a Marriot owner but my niece and her husband really want Vistana
Correct, only Sheraton Vistana Villages Bella and Key West phases are mandatory. Meaning that their StarOptions transfer upon resale and can be used for reservations at other Vistana resorts in the network starting at eight months from checkin.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Dioxide45. I am looking thru the threads now to learn about the best traders. I may have to add one of these to my portfolio. I love Atlantis and would like to visit there from time to time.