• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which units to request at The Summit @ Massanutten

Reaction score
I have an rci reservation at The Summit in March I was wondering which units would be the best to request. I'm looking for a good view and little to no steps.
Thanks!

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Here is a map of Massanutten showing the different units: http://www.massresort.com/unit-maps.html
My favorite of the Summits is Summit Peak, get as far up as you can, they are usually helpful at check in to give you what you request. These have a nice view through the gap in the mountain and you can see down in the valley. I think these are Friday check in only but not sure. My least favorite is Hillside as these are the oldest and smallest. These two are north of the slopes, the others are south of the slopes and are all pretty much the same with some having views of the ski slopes. Again ask at check in for the best view. Also try to get an upper unit as these are a little bigger with a full kitchen, lowers do not have an oven. Uppers also have a cathedral ceiling (except for Peak) and fewer steps as you go down from street level to get to the lower units.
If you are going to ski, March will have poor ski conditions if the slopes are still open.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
For us the stairs (lack of) is more a priority than the view. That being said we have never been put in a Summit unit with a bad view. Hopefully you have a full kitchen unit because the partial kitchen unit is down a full flight of stairs.

We always call up in advance and say we don't need an accessible handicap unit but we need one with ideally no steps to enter the unit. I think we have been placed in some with no steps and some with one to two steps only. In March they shouldn't have any problems giving you what you need/want.