• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Sedona resort is best?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are supposed to be in Hawaii for a month but cancelled. We sold our home and planned to travel through April before renting a place in our old neighborhood. We live in AZ so are only a 4 hr drive from Sedona. Otherwise we would not be traveling. Any advice for which place?

cindyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
I love the locaction of Sedona Summit which is why I have 2 deeded weeks there. The Hyatt Pinyon Point is very highly rated on TUG.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Los Abrigados -- beautiful grounds along Oak Creek, next to the shops and restaurants of the Tlaquepaque, and a short walk into Uptown Sedona for tons more shops, galleries and food establishments.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Los Abrigados -- beautiful grounds along Oak Creek, next to the shops and restaurants of the Tlaquepaque, and a short walk into Uptown Sedona for tons more shops, galleries and food establishments.
I agree with this. Really liked the location and as I remember the unit were decent size. We've also stayed at the Hyatt, and at Arroyo Roble. Although the location of that one was good, the unit was dark and to walk into town you had to walk up what I remember as a rather steep driveway or road.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!! We have accommodation certificates so will try for Los Abrigados. We own 2 weeks at Pinon Pointe and love it there but are thinking to use up a few certificates. Hopefully the resorts will stay open

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't be going out to those shops and restaurants. Be safe! We own at Villas of Sedona, and like it just fine, but at this time prefer to be home.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You won't be going out to those shops and restaurants. Be safe! We own at Villas of Sedona, and like it just fine, but at this time prefer to be home.
thanks. We are basically homeless til May. We thought selling our house and traveling for awhile would be a great adventure. Little did we know. We just plan to hike 6 feet apart from others and cook in. Im sure the pool area will be closed

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks. We are basically homeless til May. We thought selling our house and traveling for awhile would be a great adventure. Little did we know. We just plan to hike 6 feet apart from others and cook in. Im sure the pool area will be closed
Sorry for my comment. It was insensitive. I know you'd rather be home too. These times are not 'right'. Sedona may well be as good as lots of others to 'hole up' and wait un til your new house is ready. There are lots of opportunities for outdoor activity, and plenty of supermarkets to keep you in necessities.

Take good care of yourselves!

Jim

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
We are supposed to be in Hawaii for a month but cancelled. We sold our home and planned to travel through April before renting a place in our old neighborhood. We live in AZ so are only a 4 hr drive from Sedona. Otherwise we would not be traveling. Any advice for which place?
When we stayed at Los Abrigados a couple of years ago there was only a microwave for cooking, so you might want to check that out. Our restaurants are closed (ME) except for take out for the next two weeks. We have stayed in most of the Sedona timeshares and have often used a certificate and been happy wherever we stayed, so my first choice would be where there is a one bedroom with a full kitchen and room to cook.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we stayed at Los Abrigados a couple of years ago there was only a microwave for cooking, so you might want to check that out. Our restaurants are closed (ME) except for take out for the next two weeks. We have stayed in most of the Sedona timeshares and have often used a certificate and been happy wherever we stayed, so my first choice would be where there is a one bedroom with a full kitchen and room to cook.
Good point. Thanks. We have an electric skillet we love too which we bring when we have our car.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I’ve gone to Sedona a few times. I’ve stayed at both Sedona Summit and Los Abrigados. Both are fine, but Los Abrigados needed work when I was there as DR needed to fix up the units. It was some years back. On one of my visits there, I visited all of the DR properties for when I would return. Sedona Springs stuck out. The units were large two bedroom townhomes. They were fully equipped and I felt I could stay there long term if I wanted. However, it’s not resorty like the Summit or Los Abrigados. Sedona Springs is more like a condo//townhouse community.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve gone to Sedona a few times. I’ve stayed at both Sedona Summit and Los Abrigados. Both are fine, but Los Abrigados needed work when I was there as DR needed to fix up the units. It was some years back. On one of my visits there, I visited all of the DR properties for when I would return. Sedona Springs stuck out. The units were large two bedroom townhomes. They were fully equipped and I felt I could stay there long term if I wanted. However, it’s not resorty like the Summit or Los Abrigados. Sedona Springs is more like a condo//townhouse community.
Agree. iirc, Los Abrigados units only have a 2 burrner hot plate, and microwave. No oven. Sedona Springs (and Villas of Sedona next door) are full condos. Can't speak to Springs, but Villas has shared BBQ areas for each 'group' of perhaps 6-8 units.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Agree. iirc, Los Abrigados units only have a 2 burrner hot plate, and microwave. No oven. Sedona Springs (and Villas of Sedona next door) are full condos. Can't speak to Springs, but Villas has shared BBQ areas for each 'group' of perhaps 6-8 units.
Glad this was pointed out. I didn't remember this from our stay, but I don't think we ate too many meals in. Usually we just do breakfast and it was probably yogurt and fruit. If you are using the timeshare as a "home away from home" you might want someplace with a better kitchen set up.

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe you have found your place by now, but just in case you haven’t, this information might be helpful for others in the future: this was the first time we stayed at Sedona Springs and that will be our first choice in the future. We do a monthly rental on AirBnB, Home Away, VRBO for a month and then try to book a timeshare for the week before our month and the week after our month. The week after was in a 2B at the Hyatt this year. I think the only timeshare we have not stayed in now is The Villas of Sedona. I just want to give everyone a heads up that at Sedona Springs you do not park near your unit so it might be a problem if you have mobility issues. This resort fits our needs better than the others, but the Sedona timeshares are very nice and we have enjoyed them all. I’ll be glad to answer questions anyone might have...and we do not own a Sedona resort.

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There was a BBQ near our unit but don’t know how many other units were meant to use it. By the way, always enjoy your posts.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like Arroyo Roble because the grounds are beautiful...there are swings down by Oak Creek in the back, and a lot of green space. I’ve stayed at Sendona Springs, and although the units were huge, the grounds were unimpressive (in my opinion), and I felt like we were on top of our neighbors. I’d opt for Arroyo Roble

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I am assuming the OP, who has no Diamond Resorts properties listed, was looking for a Diamond Resort in Sedona since they came to this forum. Now why someone would suggest Arroyo Roble which is not a Diamond Resort is beyond me. They also don’t own a Diamond property. Interesting.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Both Sedona Summit and Ridge at Sedona have full kitchens in their 1 bdrm units. I have stayed at both and like them both equally.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I am assuming the OP, who has no Diamond Resorts properties listed, was looking for a Diamond Resort in Sedona since they came to this forum. Now why someone would suggest Arroyo Roble which is not a Diamond Resort is beyond me. They also don’t own a Diamond property. Interesting.
Because some of us (me in particular) don't look at where something is posted, just at the topic. Sorry it bothers you.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Because some of us (me in particular) don't look at where something is posted, just at the topic. Sorry it bothers you.

I guess I think relevance is important. The first thing that came to my mind was , oh, does Diamond Resorts have a new property in Sedona and I start to research it. After all, there is a reason why the forum has various categories by companies such as Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, etc. and by topic.
Just my petty linear mind.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I guess I think relevance is important. The first thing that came to my mind was , oh, does Diamond Resorts have a new property in Sedona and I start to research it. After all, there is a reason why the forum has various categories by companies such as Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, etc. and by topic.
Just my petty linear mind.
When I'm viewing this site I usually click on "New Posts" or "What's New". Then obviously I focus on the title of the thread, not just where it has been posted. I've gotten a lot of good information that way.

martham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Point at Poipu...Kauai
Arroyo Roble Resort, Sedona
Bali Hai....Kauai
We are currently “sheltering in place” at our beautiful Arroyo Roble Resort. As previously stated, the grounds are beautiful and the villas are large.
We stayed one week and then went over the Mingus Mountains to our home in Prescott last weekend. The property was so deserted we came back Monday for another week! Everything Uptown is closed. You can safely social distance.
We bought our first week at Arroyo Roble 20+ years ago. Now we own four weeks and wouldn’t give them up for anything.....even though we have a home 90 minutes away.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Hyatt Pinon Pointe is the best resort and is close to a lot of things within walking distance, but Sedona Summit (Diamond) is really nice, a close second. The one bedrooms are huge and have a great kitchen and very comfortable king bed.

Even though I think Diamond is a sleazy company (just the sales department), the front desk staff, the housekeepers, and all of the activities' people were wonderful. I would stay there again, if I couldn't get the Hyatt.