• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which resort - OLCC River Island or HGVC Sea World?

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which would you choose and why?

OLCC River Island, 2 bedroom

HGVC Sea World, 3 bedroom

We are DH, DS (15), me, baby, and probably company with us (not sure who we will be bringing).

Both look AMAZING! We are all golfers as well. We will be skipping Disney this trip, hitting Universal, Acquatica, and Disney water parks, downtown Disney and Boardwalk area.

I am REALLY tossed about this! The 3 bedroom would give us more room obviously, but the water area at River Island looks awesome!

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We only stayed at River Island before. It is very nice but the unit is not huge. You have one bed in the master bedroom and 2 queen (?) beds in the second bedroom. If I remember right, both bath rooms are connecting to the bedrooms although there must be a door to the living room.

If you guests are not comfortable sharing room or sleep in the living room, HGVC would be better.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you think you will have company, choose HGVC as it is a 3-bedroom rather than a 2-bedroom. The other factor is what you are planning. HGVC will be closer to Universal and SeaWorld. I think you son would like RI better but you are also going to near Aquatica if you stay at HGVC so if he goes there (Aquatica), I think he will enjoy himself.

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
OLCC or HGVC

I have stayed at OLCC - the older part - and HGVC. OLCC was soooo big. We stayed in one of the many, many garden-type complexes near the check-in and main pool and still had to walk a long way but there were plenty of units a lot further out. The older 2-bdr unit was big enough but nothing special. The back sliding door opened onto the golf course. The River Park units were high rise which I do not like. We drove over to the pool there and could not find a chair or empty space anywhere. This was 4 years ago before they opened the water park. OLCC is also way out on Hwy 192 and only close to Disney so further to Universal and Orlando places. We had a 2-bdr lockout at HGVC which gave us 2 refrigerators and 2 porches. It was a beautiful unit with great fluffy linens and Fiesta Ware - whew (my home TS uses a lot of plastic). We loved the space and staff was much nicer. We walked to SeaWorld and could get on I-4 easily. You just can't get off I-4 very easy. A lot depends on what you want to do. The water park sounds nice but I hear there's a cost for tubes, etc. And the golf course is there. But I'd choose HGVC for comfort and convenience.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
OLCC hjas much more for a 15 yr old to do--otherwise 3 BR HGVC

with other guests, the 3 BR at HGVC hands down! BUt, OLCC will have MUCH more for a 15 yr old to do than HGVC. If you think your days are filled enough, then HGVC--if you think there will be lots of downtime for the 15 yr old, then I would consider OLCC. But, with a baby and other company, I would want the extra BR and space of HGVC---HGVC might also have a free shuttle over to Aquatica/Seaworld (really just around the corner)--or it's close enough to drop off/pick up in about 5 minutes (with no big roads), if you feel comfortable letting your 15 yr old be at Aquatica alone.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like baby wont be there in time, so we are going to heard to the beach. No point in going to orlando if Im still preggie! DH doesnt ride the rides, I do and DS does. We were hoping to be pregnant this month, but alas, no luck :(

BUT, I think we are going to do HGVC for summer 2010. :whoopie: Thanks for all the great advice.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
The HGVC is on the trolly and it is only $1. I have been twice, once in a 1bdrm and once in a 2bdrm and they are rather decent units with lots of room.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
olcc or hgvc

was at OLCC week of sept 28 to oct 4 week 39 as it was.. we were originally slated for a 3 bed unit at West village and upon check in got shifted to East Village in building 86721.. right beside the pool area on golf course. the unit there are large and have lots of dishes pots towels for all 7 of us no problem.

They are about 15 min from seaworld up I-4 and a bit further to universal.

The pool area at River island is large and the tubes are 7 a day for single tube and 12? for a double tube.. the lazy river is not a real lazy river as you have to paddle around to get somewhere. they also have water coming out of jets under the couple of bridges so you will get wet along the way. We did not tour the RI units so not sure the layout. Others will help with that I am sure.

We have stayed at HGVC Seaworld as well and like them both. both are large units and well equipted. Both the east village and HGVC are multi story buildings also.

OLCC has more to do onsite for the most part but we were not onsite that much.

have a good time and be sure to ride Spider Man ride... COOL