• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Palm Beach MVC

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve been debating between Ocean Pointe and Ocean Palms.
Reading reviews here and elsewhere and both seem nice and I believe they are close to one another.
So how do I choose?
Thanks for any tips.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Are you two adults traveling alone, or with kids? I have stayed at both and I tend to return to Ocean Pointe, primarily because I like the larger footprint that feels more like a traditional MVC resort to me. I like having a selection of various pools in various areas of the resort. I like being able to go to a different area if one is busy or has lots of noise when I prefer quiet time, or vise versa. At Ocean Pointe you can do that, at Oceana Palms not so much. If you are traveling with kids, I would say Ocean Pointe hands down as there is more room for the kids to roam and not get bored.

I liken it to Oceana Palms being more like a high rise hotel with really great rooms, all set on a small footprint, where Ocean Pointe is sprawling and has more of a resort feel to it (Kingfish building notwithstanding as it sets apart from the rest of the resort). The beaches are similar, but Oceana Palms provides free beach chairs where you need to rent them at Ocean Pointe, so Palms gets the nod there. You are also more likely to get a great view from your villa at Oceana Palms due to the high rise style vs lower buildings with more mature trees blocking many views at Ocean Pointe.

Which type of experience do you prefer?

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you two adults traveling alone, or with kids? I have stayed at both and I tend to return to Ocean Pointe, primarily because I like the larger footprint that feels more like a traditional MVC resort to me. I like having a selection of various pools in various areas of the resort. I like being able to go to a different area if one is busy or has lots of noise when I prefer quiet time, or vise versa. At Ocean Pointe you can do that, at Oceana Palms not so much. If you are traveling with kids, I would say Ocean Pointe hands down as there is more room for the kids to roam and not get bored.

I liken it to Oceana Palms being more like a high rise hotel with really great rooms, all set on a small footprint, where Ocean Pointe is sprawling and has more of a resort feel to it (Kingfish building notwithstanding as it sets apart from the rest of the resort). The beaches are similar, but Ocean Pointe provides free beach chairs where you need to rent them at Ocean Pointe, so Palms gets the nod there. You are also more likely to get a great view from your villa at Oceana Palms due to the high rise style vs lower buildings with more mature trees blocking many views at Ocean Pointe.

Which type of experience do you prefer?

Thank you that is exactly the type of info I was looking for.
Parents and a college teen with a friend or 2- they will enjoy the beach, pools, game tables and having food on site or a safe and short walk away.
We enjoy a nice balcony and walkable dining is a plus, view is always a plus.

Favorite Fl MVC is Grande Vista, teens loved Grande Ocean HHI. Crystal Shores is my favorite in the continental us.

Thanks for your help- which has free chairs?
Are they near each other?
And near a Marriott hotel?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Thank you that is exactly the type of info I was looking for.
Parents and a college teen with a friend or 2- they will enjoy the beach, pools, game tables and having food on site or a safe and short walk away.
We enjoy a nice balcony and walkable dining is a plus, view is always a plus.

Favorite Fl MVC is Grande Vista, teens loved Grande Ocean HHI. Crystal Shores is my favorite in the continental us.

Thanks for your help- which has free chairs?
Are they near each other?
And near a Marriott hotel?
Oceana Palms has the free beach chairs....sorry about that, I edited my initial response to add clarity.
They are near each other, and a Marriott hotel is not too far away from Oceana Palms.

As for restaurants, there are not a lot a restaurants within walking distance of either. More within walking distance from Ocean Pointe likely. But for nicer restaurants, you are a short car ride from either.

Ocean Pointe is far more similar to Grande Vista and Grande Ocean.

Last edited:

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have been to both and prefer Ocean Pointe to Oceana Palms. Oceana Palms is more upscale, but footprint is way too small. They do have free chairs on the beach but no umbrellas. Pool is pathetic. At Ocean Pointe, chairs/umbrella need to be rented. We drive, so always just bring our own. Ocean Pointe has 3 pools and lots of activities, so something for everyone.
But.... with college-aged kids, you might want to look into BeachPlace in Fort Lauderdale. It is right across the street from he beach and plenty to see/do in the area. We choose it sometimes, but the pool is pretty small and in the shade of the building in the afternoon. That may be good depending on the time of year you go. We have gone in February and you want the sun at that time of the year.
If the kids are happy with a beach, then OP is your best bet. If they want some nightlife, then look at BeachPlace.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always wished that the Oceana Palms Villas were on the Ocean Pointe footprint.

The Villas at Oceana Palms are soundproof and far superior than the lock off Villas over at Ocean Pointe. However, the grounds at Ocean Pointe are much nicer (about 24 landscaped acres on the ocean).

Additionally, I think Palm Beach Shores (where Ocean Pointe is located) is a very nice town......

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Oceana Palms is more of a boutique hotel. It’s a high rise compared to Ocean Pointe. While both have nice units, Oceana Palms is maybe a little more modern. Oceana Palms has a smaller, more cozy feel to it. Ocean Pointe has a more spread out Resort feel to it. Oceana Palms has impressive balcony’s where Ocean Pointe has smaller balcony’s. Ocean Pointe is closer to the inlet where you can watch container ships come and go. I like the beach better at Oceana Palms but, that’s a personal opinion.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at both resorts and agree with the others that you will likely enjoy Ocean Pointe more since you are traveling with college teens. The resort has a lot more onsite activities and pools. We typically go to Oceana Palms when traveling with other adults because the villas are a lot nicer and the balconies with views are among the best of all MVC resorts. We tend to spend more time on the beach when staying at Oceana Palms because the beach is larger and lounge chairs are free. The pool is fine in the morning, but most of it is shaded later in the afternoon. There is a nice lap pool at Oceana Palms. The Marriott Singer Island Suite resort is 2-3 buildings north of Oceana Palms. Both resorts have nice fitness facilities that are much better equipped than Grand Oceane.

There are several excellent restaurants within 10-15 minute drive of both resorts on PGA Blvd., and others in Jupiter and Juno Beach and West Palm Beach. Our favorite is Captain Charlie's Reef Grill. We found the 'walkable' restaurants to be very ordinary and overpriced, so it is worth the short drive. I suggest flying into PBI airport if possible because it is very convenient and easy to navigate. Beware of the local law enforcement on Singer Island, the low speed limits are strictly enforced.

We visited Beach Place with our college age daughters several years ago and didn't like the resort or the surrounding area. It is not Marriott built, the villas were basic, and the pool is tiny and in the shade most of the day. Although there are more things to do in the immediate area, it isn't anything like Chrystal Shores or Grand Oceane.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First-- if you are trading, you take whichever one you can get ;-) Or whichever one is the better point value.

While I don't disagree with the above, I will add we have scored two trades into Oceana and my teenage boys have loved it and want to go back. Sure, I would like to try Ocean Pointe. But considering how nice the units are, and having the ocean right there, I wouldn't hesitate to take Oceana if the opportunity came up.

We went to BeachPlace in Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago. Glad we went but it was not the typical Marriott timeshare experience. I kinda liked it -- for the change/because it was something different. My wife didn't care for it. She's a beach walker and because of crowds and sea weed, there was really no place to walk "on the beach" itself. However, the sidewalk was right there along the beach, so she (we) did plenty of walking with the beach in full view. I didn't mind walking through the shopping area to get to the Marriott elevator... she did. But Beachplace tops any vacation we've ever been on for people watching!!!! We always had a laugh (or a shake of the head) while on our walks.

What I'm trying to say, is no matter whether it's Oceana, Ocean Pointe or anyplace else-- add some variety.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at both resorts and agree with the others that you will likely enjoy Ocean Pointe more since you are traveling with college teens. The resort has a lot more onsite activities and pools. We typically go to Oceana Palms when traveling with other adults because the villas are a lot nicer and the balconies with views are among the best of all MVC resorts. We tend to spend more time on the beach when staying at Oceana Palms because the beach is larger and lounge chairs are free. The pool is fine in the morning, but most of it is shaded later in the afternoon. There is a nice lap pool at Oceana Palms. The Marriott Singer Island Suite resort is 2-3 buildings north of Oceana Palms. Both resorts have nice fitness facilities that are much better equipped than Grand Oceane.

There are several excellent restaurants within 10-15 minute drive of both resorts on PGA Blvd., and others in Jupiter and Juno Beach and West Palm Beach. Our favorite is Captain Charlie's Reef Grill. We found the 'walkable' restaurants to be very ordinary and overpriced, so it is worth the short drive. I suggest flying into PBI airport if possible because it is very convenient and easy to navigate. Beware of the local law enforcement on Singer Island, the low speed limits are strictly enforced.

We visited Beach Place with our college age daughters several years ago and didn't like the resort or the surrounding area. It is not Marriott built, the villas were basic, and the pool is tiny and in the shade most of the day. Although there are more things to do in the immediate area, it isn't anything like Chrystal Shores or Grand Oceane.

Thank you superchief.
What are your thoughts on Palm Beach vs. Marco Island?
We loved Marco- the beach was so nice to walk on, spent a day doing a boat tour of the Everglades, a day at the Naples botanical garden, a day in fort Myers at a spring training game, mini golf, eating out, a little shopping...

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you superchief.
What are your thoughts on Palm Beach vs. Marco Island?
We loved Marco- the beach was so nice to walk on, spent a day doing a boat tour of the Everglades, a day at the Naples botanical garden, a day in fort Myers at a spring training game, mini golf, eating out, a little shopping...
I actually prefer the West coast of Florida and like Marco island better than any other area. The wide, white sand beaches are among the best in the USA (except the shells making it difficult to walk in some areas). Marco Island is more laid back and relaxed than the Southeastern coastal area. Chrystal Shores was built after we already owned at Ocean Pointe, and we later bought Oceana Palms because it was half the cost of CS.

Although Singer Island is along the congested I95 corridor, it is an Oasis because it is on an island. Therefore it is peaceful in the immediate area, but very accessible to the restaurants and shopping in West Palm Beach and other areas. The beaches are not as wide (or white), have softer sand, and the surf is typically more rough. However, the gulf stream is at its closes point to shore so deep sea fishing is very good. There are also days when the surf is calm and the sea is clear (similar to Caribbean). I think there are more restaurant, shopping, and nightlife choices nearby than on Marco. I also think that both resorts are nicer overall than Chrystal Shores, although I haven't been there since the new building and pool opened. The Oceana Palms balconies are similar to Chrystal Shores Golf Front balconies.

I don't think you mentioned whether you were exchanging or using DC points, but the only downside to Ocean Pointe is that exchangers typically will be assigned a low floor villa with virtually no view. Ocean front upgrades are very helpful at Ocean Pointe, but unnecessary at Oceana Palms because all villas have a good view of the ocean.

Overall, I think both locations and all three resorts are the best MVC ocean front properties in the US. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the West coast of Florida and like Marco island better than any other area. The wide, white sand beaches are among the best in the USA (except the shells making it difficult to walk in some areas). Marco Island is more laid back and relaxed than the Southeastern coastal area. Chrystal Shores was built after we already owned at Ocean Pointe, and we later bought Oceana Palms because it was half the cost of CS.

Although Singer Island is along the congested I95 corridor, it is an Oasis because it is on an island. Therefore it is peaceful in the immediate area, but very accessible to the restaurants and shopping in West Palm Beach and other areas. The beaches are not as wide (or white), have softer sand, and the surf is typically more rough. However, the gulf stream is at its closes point to shore so deep sea fishing is very good. There are also days when the surf is calm and the sea is clear (similar to Caribbean). I think there are more restaurant, shopping, and nightlife choices nearby than on Marco. I also think that both resorts are nicer overall than Chrystal Shores, although I haven't been there since the new building and pool opened. The Oceana Palms balconies are similar to Chrystal Shores Golf Front balconies.

I don't think you mentioned whether you were exchanging or using DC points, but the only downside to Ocean Pointe is that exchangers typically will be assigned a low floor villa with virtually no view. Ocean front upgrades are very helpful at Ocean Pointe, but unnecessary at Oceana Palms because all villas have a good view of the ocean.

Overall, I think both locations and all three resorts are the best MVC ocean front properties in the US. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences.
My exchange will be points, and strange as it seems I have plenty and need to use them since I have other plans for our next trip after this that won’t involve a TS. Right now there is ocean view and ocean front available at ocean pointe for my dates.
My first, and only, points exchange was to Crystal Shores and it was a last minute trip pieced together with DC points, a discounted paid night and a couple of rewards night in Ft. Myers. We had an amazing ocean front corner room with wrap around balcony. Lots of construction was happening, but we loved the unit and beach.
I think I’d better make a decision soon.
Thanks again.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences.
My exchange will be points, and strange as it seems I have plenty and need to use them since I have other plans for our next trip after this that won’t involve a TS. Right now there is ocean view and ocean front available at ocean pointe for my dates.
My first, and only, points exchange was to Crystal Shores and it was a last minute trip pieced together with DC points, a discounted paid night and a couple of rewards night in Ft. Myers. We had an amazing ocean front corner room with wrap around balcony. Lots of construction was happening, but we loved the unit and beach.
I think I’d better make a decision soon.
Thanks again.
I think it is worth the extra points for the Ocean front at Ocean Pointe. As a Marriott owner using points, you should be able to get a high floor unless you are there during peak seasons. Since Friday and Saturday nights cost a lot more points, I sometimes spend my last night at an airport hotel since their weekend rates are often reasonable.

The gulf front rooms and balconies at Crystal Shores are amazing.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Pamplemousse - You've gotten great input thus far. Not much to add. In reality, you will likely enjoy either. As with any MVC property, each has pros/cons.

We prefer and own at Ocean Pointe. Larger resort footprint, more amenities, more pools, longer beachfront, alongside the inlet, walking distance to Sailfish marina, etc. Villas are normal MVC quality, and recently renovated. If you have extra DC Pts, it is worth spending them on an Ocean Front view. As an MVC owner, while no guarantee of a higher floor, you should be at least able to get a mid level floor allowing for a nice ocean front view. Ocean Pointe also trimmed a lot of trees/lanscaping in the past year to allow better views for their ocean front villas.

For us, while the villas and quality of the high rise Oceana Palms resort are of a higher caliber than Ocean Pointe, the resort itself is just too small for us. Smaller pools, smaller footprint, smaller beachfront, fewer amenities. But...the villas, views and lanai are uber nice!

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re actually at Oceana Palms right now.. leaving tomorrow. It’s a completely different feel from the traditional resorts. I had a hard time deciding which property and decided to try this one for the more upscale experience. They do a lot of “little” things that make it a really nice stay. But it does feel like staying at a hotel. It’s very small. We are only here for 4 nights and just wanted a relaxing short getaway so it’s been perfect. If I had more than just my daughter and mom with me... I’d of gone to Ocean Pointe. I will say the balconies are really cool here. We’re on the top floor and a spectacular view of the ocean and the inlet behind us. We walked the beach to Ocean Pointe yesterday and I will say this beach is much nicer! And the villas are quite lovely. Master shower is the bomb!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are staying at Oceana in the fall for 4 nights in a two bedroom. We purchased an encore package for this. Are there particular units which I should request. I don't know if Titanium ambassador status carries any weight for an encore but we would like an ocean front/view but am not familiar enough with the property to put in a request. Any suggestions?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are staying at Oceana in the fall for 4 nights in a two bedroom. We purchased an encore package for this. Are there particular units which I should request. I don't know if Titanium ambassador status carries any weight for an encore but we would like an ocean front/view but am not familiar enough with the property to put in a request. Any suggestions?

If I were you I would request a center facing Villa in the Sunrise Building. A center facing Villa in the Sunrise Building will give you a nice Oceanfront facing view, and you'll be placed somewhere between the 10th floor and the 20th Floor.

Enjoy your encore package!

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would request a center facing Villa in the Sunrise Building. A center facing Villa in the Sunrise Building will give you a nice Oceanfront facing view, and you'll be placed somewhere between the 10th floor and the 20th Floor.

Enjoy your encore package!

Thanks so much!

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this email from Oceana Palms:

MVC_Logo_Stacked_Stone.jpg

– – –
Dear Owners and Guests,

We look forward to hosting you for your upcoming vacation at Marriott's Oceana Palms!

As you prepare for your visit to the Palm Beaches, we wanted to let you know that third-party development activity, that began early in 2018, is well underway on the parcel immediately to the south of Marriott's Oceana Palms. Two twenty-story resort towers are fully erected, and the developers are working on completing exterior work, interior work, and the associated amenities (due to be complete in late-2019). As a result of this activity, construction noise, dust, and restricted sunlight on the pool deck during the afternoon hours will be experienced during adjacent development efforts.

While the adjacent third-party construction occurs to the south of the resort, the existing amenities and services that you have come to expect at Oceana Palms will remain fully-operational. Additionally, several exciting enhancements have recently made to the northern side of the Oceana Palms campus for your enjoyment.

Oceana Palms is home to one of the best stretches of beach in Palm Beach County. As always, the resort's beach team also stands ready to serve you with complimentary beach chairs daily, and our concierge team is available to recommend numerous excursions and activities that will give you a great taste of all the wonderful things that Palm Beach County has to offer. Our team is eager to deliver an awesome vacation experience upon arrival.

Whether you have stayed with us before, or are joining us for the first time, we look forward to welcoming you to Riviera Beach! In the meantime, please feel free to reach-out to the resort directly by sending an email to mvwnextdoorconstruct@vacationclub.com should you have any questions about your upcoming vacation.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Mitchell
General Manager

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

– – –
Dear Owners and Guests,

We look forward to hosting you for your upcoming vacation at Marriott's Oceana Palms!

As you prepare for your visit to the Palm Beaches, we wanted to let you know that third-party development activity, that began early in 2018, is well underway on the parcel immediately to the south of Marriott's Oceana Palms. Two twenty-story resort towers are fully erected, and the developers are working on completing exterior work, interior work, and the associated amenities (due to be complete in late-2019). As a result of this activity, construction noise, dust, and restricted sunlight on the pool deck during the afternoon hours will be experienced during adjacent development efforts.

While the adjacent third-party construction occurs to the south of the resort, the existing amenities and services that you have come to expect at Oceana Palms will remain fully-operational. Additionally, several exciting enhancements have recently made to the northern side of the Oceana Palms campus for your enjoyment.

Oceana Palms is home to one of the best stretches of beach in Palm Beach County. As always, the resort's beach team also stands ready to serve you with complimentary beach chairs daily, and our concierge team is available to recommend numerous excursions and activities that will give you a great taste of all the wonderful things that Palm Beach County has to offer. Our team is eager to deliver an awesome vacation experience upon arrival.

Whether you have stayed with us before, or are joining us for the first time, we look forward to welcoming you to Riviera Beach! In the meantime, please feel free to reach-out to the resort directly by sending an email to mvwnextdoorconstruct@vacationclub.com should you have any questions about your upcoming vacation.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Mitchell
General Manager

So does this mean that the Oceana Palms pool won't get any sun after 11 am or so each day ?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score

– – –
Dear Owners and Guests,

I was there the first week of November. Unfortunately, the new buildings will block afternoon sun even after the construction is completed. I would expect most of the pool area will be in the shade after 2pm in the spring and fall. Fortunately, they offer the complimentary beach chairs. Since there are private vendors providing beach chair services, it will be interesting to see how much 'help' Oceana Palms staff will be allowed to provide with their beach chairs. In the past, guests had to get their own chair from a stack on the beach. As an owner, I am still very disappointed regarding how the developers were able to build their new towers without following the established codes. They appear to be strongly connected to the local politicians.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I have been to 30 MVCI resorts. I rank Oceana Palms #9 and Ocean Pointe #27. Oceana Palms is much more upscale. I don't think there is any comparison, especially for a party of adults, but I know most people do like Ocean Pointe much more than I do.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to 30 MVCI resorts. I rank Oceana Palms #9 and Ocean Pointe #27. Oceana Palms is much more upscale. I don't think there is any comparison, especially for a party of adults, but I know most people do like Ocean Pointe much more than I do.
I personally own both, and prefer Oceana Palms over Ocean Pointe due to the nicer villas and amenities. Ocean Pointe is a good option when we only need 1BR.

The new building next to Oceana Palms adds a new element to the selection criteria. If someone prefers all day sun by the pool, then Ocean Pointe will be better. If they prefer afternoon shade by the pool or complimentary lounge chairs on a nicer sunny beach, Oceana Palms is the winner.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to both and much prefer Ocean Pointe, hands down. It is more of a resort feel with a slow pace. Oceana Palms seemed frantic in comparison with a smaller pool and a slightly claustrophobic feel.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
My family and I have visited several different MVC properties and it wasn't until we went to Oceana Palms that we really felt "at home". The smaller footprint allows for much more personal attention from staff. As others have mentioned, the beach is much nicer than Ocean Pointe and the beach staff do a fantastic job of setting up your chairs/umbrellas etc every day. We've actually been able to call down and reserve beachfront loungers and umbrellas that are ready for us when we get to the beach. We also love the little touches like the soaker hose they stretch out to cool a walkway down to the shore and the automated foot washer you can step on when you come back to get all the sand off. Parking in the garage is always convenient and keeps your car cool being out of the hot Florida sun. It also means you will always have a room at least 10 floors up, even as a trader. The southern oceanview rooms may have a more limited view now that the Amirit is built out, however. The buildings are also extremely well built and soundproofed so that you are unable to hear all the people around you particularly at night. It's always been one of our pet peeves of the MVC smaller wooden frame buildings (I always envision Newport Coast) when there are a group of 4 year olds studio wrestling in the villa above you at 5 am.

The main reason we bought at Oceana Palms, though, was the oceanfront villas. You know you will always have a full oceanfront, unobstructed view on a high floor no matter which of the 30 or so OF villas that you get. We never cared much for the stress of requesting a certain floor or view or building only to be disappointed. It seems as though no matter how many weeks or points you have, someone is always ahead of you in the pecking order. I'm sure I would feel somewhat differently in an oceanview villa. We now feel that we have at least one vacation week that is totally stress free.

I guess it's kind of nice to not be zip tied to strangers at the pool too haha. Seriously though, my wife made a good analogy comparing the 2 resorts to airlines. She likened Ocean Pointe to flying Spirit vs. Oceana Palms to flying First Class on Delta. Not trying to say Ocean Pointe is bad in any way (Spirit may be a bit harsh), but there is a very noticeable quality difference and Ocean Pointe just had a sort of "cattle call" feel to us.