• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Orlando Resort for Four Adults?

Faith

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My husband, my step-mom, and my step-mom's sister are headed to Orlando in early December. Our Marriott resort choices for our dates are:

* Grande VIsta
* Harbour Lake
* Cypress Harbour
* Royal Palms
* Sabal Palms

Ideally, the chosen resort would be or have:

* 2 beds in 2nd BR, rather than a pullout couch
* Larger hot tubs
* Reasonably close to Disney (we will spend about half our time there)
* Quiet enough atmosphere

Suggestions from the experts?

Thanks.

Faith

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
My husband, my step-mom, and my step-mom's sister are headed to Orlando in early December. Our Marriott resort choices for our dates are:

* Grande VIsta
* Harbour Lake
* Cypress Harbour
* Royal Palms
* Sabal Palms

* Larger hot tubs

Thanks.

Faith
I stayed at Sabal in 2018 and would recommend it. It was great and recently updated. 2nd room has 2 beds. Large common rooms.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would pick a 3BR for so many people. Marriott Imperial Palms has 3BRs for exchange on II. We just got one and we are 3 people. Imperial Palms, Sabal Palms and Royal Palms are the closest to WDW. My second choice for being near WDW would be Grande Vista.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pick a 3BR for so many people. Marriott Imperial Palms has 3BRs for exchange on II. We just got one and we are 3 people. Imperial Palms, Sabal Palms and Royal Palms are the closest to WDW. My second choice for being near WDW would be Grande Vista.

I also would pick a 3BR villa to keep the peace between in - laws. Especially for sleeping purposes and for having each in-laws having their own bedroom, telephone, private bathroom and television.
Good night I am going bed or I want to watch the news.....LOL:LOL:

Last edited:

Retiresoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the three bedrooms at Grand Vista... lovely large units. Quiet and not many kids when we were there a few different times.

Faith

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the thoughtful replies. It will be my husband and me, my step-mom and her sister, so it should be pretty peaceful. How big are the hot tubs at Sabal Palms?

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc

* Grande VIsta
* Harbour Lake
* Cypress Harbour
* Royal Palms
* Sabal Palms

* Larger hot tubs

Thanks.

Faith
The second bedroom in royal palms is small but has a queen bed and a single fold out chair. Probably not a great choice.

Imperial palms has 3 bedrooms, a great kitchen and a lovely balcony.

Sabal palms has two beds in the second bedroom ( single and double ibut the buildings a two stories so you are either on the ground floor or have to walk up steps for the second floor unit. There are also two stairs down to the living room and two stairs up in the master to the bathroom. A bit of a tripping hazard at night

Cypress Harbour has a queen and a full sleeper sofa in the second bedroom so not a great choice...though we love cypress.

Harbour lake has two queen beds in the second bedroom but the unit is a bit smaller then others. If you want in room hot tub it doesn’t have one.

grande vista have dedicated two bedroom units which have two queen beds ( a few have two double beds ) in the second bedroom. These units are the largest I feel of all the units and both bedrooms have a good view( not the outside hallway like all the others but sabal have)

I would pick grande vista for 4 adults and get a dedicated 2 bedroom not the lock off.

If you are talking about outside hot tubs I think grande vista probably have the biggest though there are different sized ones throughout the resort.
There is a pretty big one at Harbour lake by the pirate ship pool

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hot tubs are socially distant. I would take Grand Vista only because it will be somewhat empty on the roads when you are going so the advantage of being at the World Center is diminished. Plenty to do at GV if you want to goof off for a day. Try to get a 3BR. Sabal is nice too and easy walk to World Center if you are interested in that pool and the restaurants there.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Look for a 2 br Sleeps 8. They will have two beds in the second bedroom and they are usually full or queens. Can't speak to the hot tubs, but some resorts that come to mind are Mystic Dunes, some of the Sheraton Vistana sections, and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. All are crazy close to Disney. Silver Lakes is also very close, but I can't recall the second bedroom configuration. When you search for available units, you will be able to look at the configuration before you commit.

Sheila

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently returned from the Grand Vista and loved it there. But our 2 Bedroom villa was a lock out and the 2nd room had a king size bed, which would probably not be a good idea for the two in-law's. As mentioned above there are designated 2 bedroom villa's at the Grand Vista but you would have to request one of them to be sure. But all in all the Grand Vista is a beautiful property. And it is close to Disney.
The Grand Vista has jetted tubs in the unit if that's what your referring to as a hot tub. If not there are hot tubs on the property.
Also, these units are larger than some of the others mentioned above.

Last edited: