• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Orlando Resort for Families?

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friends are headed to Orlando in mid-January. They are not planning on going to Disney but would like a nice family resort. There will be four adults and 3 children ages 2, 4, 10. Based on the following exchange availability, which resorts would you choose? They want a three bedroom. Please tell me your top three choices. For some reason, I can't get in to the Tug resort reviews so I'm asking here.

* Grand Beach
* Star Island Resort
* Westgate Town Center Cypress
* Liki Tiki Village
* Mystic Dunes
*The Fountains at Champions Gate
*Tuscan Resort
*Villas at Regal Palms

Ideally, the chosen resort would be or have:

* 3 bedrooms
*On-site restaurant/bar
* Larger hot tubs
* Reasonably close to restaurants (maybe shopping)
* Nice pools/waterpark
*Playground
*Activities for children

Suggestions from the experts?

Thanks.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
HGVC Sea World. I think EVERY resort in that area is kid friendly, you'd have to be way more specific. I suggest the resorts in the Marriott World Center, but that is very close to Disney. Once you get into the International Drive or Kissimmee area, it gets really crowded, so I'd need to know more about what you want. I tend to stay away from those areas.

Last edited:

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC Sea World. I think EVERY resort in that area is kid friendly, you'd have to be way more specific.
Thanks Sea Six

Since they are all kid friendly, of the ones listed what would be your top three choices for nice resorts? I'm used to Marriott, Hyatt's, etc., so in terms of the nicest/updated resorts what would you choose?

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
I have not stayed at any. But I have done extensive research on the area. I have a toddler so Orlando is our go to place.

My choices from my research would be

* Mystic Dunes property seems well maintained and pretty huge. Good videos available on youtube to see the scope. Seems more laidback could be on the same level as some of the majors.
* Westgate Town Center Cypress . Huge resort. Huge waterpark. The drawback is an hefty resort fee for non owners. Good videos available on youtube to see. Owners seem better taken care of the exchangers but the property looks nice.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Good choice. CALL THE FRONT DESK and ask them to assign you next to each other. If you don't do this, they have no idea who you are or what you want. This is a simple arrangement. DON'T EXPECT anyone from TUG to make this happen for you.

Last edited:

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sea Six. I planned to call the resort again and make that request. The resort said to call at the 21 day mark and ask for the units to be close together as that's when they get the information from Interval.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I see that you have already made a selection, but here are my comments.

We own a 3-br at Mystic Dunes and find the units well appointed. We have taken a party of 11 there multiple times and have been comfortable. Hard to beat the location. Not sure of the status of the restaurant during the pandemic.

It's been years since we've been to Orange Lake, but the extra driving I remember doesn't seem to be an issue for you. We didn't like the fact that the resort was so spread out.

We were very disappointed in our single Liki Tiki stay. Again, several years ago.

We've been to Grand Beach, but it has been many years. I recall that there were two master suites but that the kitchen and living room seemed small.

Sheila