• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Orlando Marriott for Adults?

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering going to Orlando sometime in January to mid-February 2009 on an AC. We'll need to get out of Wisconsin I'm sure to see some sun and warm weather. It will be just my wife and I, and we are somewhat older.

So which Marriott would be the best for us?

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
My suggestion is Sabal Palms - on the Marriott World Center property - it is the closest to the hotel so you can easily walk over there. The other timeshares on the World Center property are a ways from the hotel - either a longer walk or a shuttle.

The other Orlando properties will in my opinion be loaded with familiies (kids) and are further from Disney World as well.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd take Grande Vista or Cypress Harbour. Both have multiple pools and you can probably find some quiet spots. I like CH the best just because of the resort layout and feel of the grounds. GV has a restaurant and golf course that are nice too.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I agree, Cypress Harbour is my favorite, too, especially for adults.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to Cypress Harbour the week of January 11th. No kids and we're bringing another couple as well. So if you're going to be there the same time get in touch. We picked Cypress Harbour because Horizon looked way too kid friendly (that's the one with the pirate ship pool) and the lake looked pretty. But I've heard/seen some ads for the Marriott World Resort lately that made me second guess not taking Sabal Palms as the resort has some nice features. Look more into the hotel and see if you would want to take advantage of their features then decide if a serene location vs resort atmosphere is more important to you.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Cypress Harbor

Last time we were there (it was in February when kids are in school), it was primarily adults.

Donna

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Do any of you know what the workout facility is like at CH? Can any recent visitors to Sabal speak to the state of the renovations?

BGRed

Reaction score
we're going to CH on Saturday with our 6 year old twins..but, we promise to only be at the pools every other day (between our Disney outings).

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
Cypress Harbour is a laid back and relaxing resort.

susiequeve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cypress Harbour is a wonderful resort, we have owned there for 10 years and love it. If you stay there, request the villas closest to the marketplace/pool area, it's very convenient since the resort is hugh.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree that CH would be a good choice for adults only. We had our kids and there were plenty there but it was still a nice property. For adults only definitely not Horizons!!

By the way Jan/Feb while definitely warmer than Wisconsin is not what I would call "warm". You could have days that struggle to get out of the 50's. Then again it could be 70+. Its really hit or miss in North/Central FL until you get to south of the Fort Lauderdale area where it rarely gets really cold.

Here is a chart for the month of Jan 2007 to give you a reference. You can click on next month to see Feb.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KORL/2007/1/4/MonthlyHistory.html

Last edited:

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does CH have a teen lounge like "The Shack" at Newport Coast?

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Sabal Palms (MSP)

I second the Marriott Sabal Palms. This is one of the most under-rated Marriotts. YOu have access to three pools, THe one at Sabal, the one at the Marriott which build a third wing about three years ago, and then about a 100 yard walk across the parking lot to the Orlando World Center which at one time had the largest outdoor pool in Florida. You use your door key to charge things at the World Center pool which is truly outstanding.

Finally, you are about a 50 yard walk across the parking lot from the upscale Marriott Fitness Center which you could use for free.

I believe the rennovations were completed a few years earlier, but here is the phone number to call to inquire. 407-238-6200

In my humble opinion.
Patrick