• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

which one on Hilton Head

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
We hope to use some destination pts on Hilton Head this winter but don't know which one to ask for when I call. I have stayed at Grand Ocean and enjoyed it but some of the others are such less in points. I love to be in and near the water so if any have an indoor pool that would be a bonus. Our pts need to be used by end of April and we will be in Mexico in early Feb and then to Ocean Pointe for 3 weeks for which we already have our air booked so no changes. What about Myrtle Beach though I really want to go to Paula Deen's restaurant and yes I will stand in line. Have been to Savanaah several times but never to the restaurant. Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We hope to use some destination pts on Hilton Head this winter but don't know which one to ask for when I call. I have stayed at Grand Ocean and enjoyed it but some of the others are such less in points. I love to be in and near the water so if any have an indoor pool that would be a bonus. Our pts need to be used by end of April and we will be in Mexico in early Feb and then to Ocean Pointe for 3 weeks for which we already have our air booked so no changes. What about Myrtle Beach though I really want to go to Paula Deen's restaurant and yes I will stand in line. Have been to Savanaah several times but never to the restaurant. Thanks

Can't help with which resort, but will give some tips on Lady and Son's. We have dinned there twice. There is no need to wait in line to eat. Read up on their reservatoin process as they are unique.

I would not advise just showing up when you want to dine, you could be shut out as they are very busy. They start taking reservations at the hostess stand at 9:30am every day for that day only. Depending on when you want to go, you may need to get in line early. We were there in April 2011 on a weekday and I was in line at 9:00 and there were maybe a couple dozen people in front of me. If you go on a weekend, you may want to get there early or if you are looking for a peak dining time. Once you have your dining time, you show up and will be seated. They suggest showing up about 15 minutes before your reservation.

This gives you the ability to make a reservation and then jump on one of the city tours or head over to Bonaventure Cemetery. That what we did in April.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Grande Ocean is more for a reason, its the nicest, best located resort on the island in most people's opinion.

With that said I think you'd like staying at the Monarch, which to me is second choice because of its location in Sea Pines, although the units themselves may be the smallest of the oceanfront Marriotts on HHI.

Barony and Surfwatch are also very, very nice resorts, don't get me wrong, we just don't prefer because they aren't in or near the Sea Pines, while a minor thing makes the difference for us.

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several great options on HHI! Our favorite property is MMS (Monarch), but alas it has no indoor pool so if that is a priority you will be better off at MGO. Either one of those two will get you a Sea Pines pass and access to the bike trails, etc which are excellent. The Barony and SurfWatch are both also oceanfront properties but are farther removed on the island from the South Beach / Harbor Town area. IMO Barony is nice if you end up in the OS or OF views.. which puts you next to the beach and indoor spa building. The Gardenview area is beautiful but somewhat removed from the ocean because of the wierd shape of their property. Surfwatch is also beautiful but again the OF building is the only one truly close to the ocean. The rest of the units are quite a ways down the boardwalk.

OceanWatch at Myrtle Beach is beautiful and somewhat secluded from the hussle of the downtown Myrtle Beach area. We love our OS view there but as somone pointed out in an earlier thread, the GV/OV units do have more proximal access to the indoor pool and may save you some points. FYI there are some MOW March/Apr weeks avail right now in II if you can make a trade. Just saw them using a deposited Marriott lockoff. That would save you all kinds of points if an easy trade is available.

Really if I was looking at a dest. booking I would consider the pts. difference among the properties and see how you can stretch you dollar. Maybe a Sun-Thurs DC points + rental nights w/ owner discount and/or grabbing a week from II could help you max out and get what you are looking for.

Good Luck! --D.J.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Barony Beach on HH has an indoor pool and is very nice. It also has an outdoor hot tub that I imagine you could use very nicely in the winter. I did love Savannah but everyone I talked to told me that Paula Dean's restaurant was oeverrated and we ended up going somewhere else. Enjoy your holiday. Funtime

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
If you are considering Barony Beach, be advised that the garden units have major renovation going on outside in the pool/hot tub area thru May (I believe).

We were there in November when they had just started and it was a mess.

I would only reserve an oceanfront or oceanside at Barony.