• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which of the following Orlando resorts would be best?

Holysmoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
of these places which would be the nicest? I have read the reviews from here but want to choose the best since we are going for Christmas and hope to have a nice family time.

I am assuming Cypress point since it is the highest rated on the reviews.

Resort name: Bryan's Spanish Cove

Resort name: Celebration World Resort

Resort name: Celebrity Resorts Orlando-Resort World

Resort name: Celebrity Resorts Orlando-Resort World II

Resort name: Club Sevilla

Resort name: Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort

Resort name: Florida Vacation Villas

Resort name: Florida Vacation Villas Club I

Resort name: Grand Lake Resort

Resort name: Lago Vista at Buenaventura Lakes

Resort name: Lifetime of Vacations at Grand Lake Resort

Resort name: Linkside Villas at Sun 'n Lake Estate

Resort name: Magic Tree Resort

Resort name: Orbit One Vacation Villas

Resort name: Orlando Breeze

Resort name: Orlando International Resort Club

Resort name: Orlando's Sunshine Resort

Resort name: Perennial Vacation Club at ImperiaLakes

Resort name: Silver Lake Resort

Resort name: Taranova-Imperialakes

Resort name: Villas at Fortune Place

Resort name: Villas at Summer Bay Resort

Resort name: Westgate Leisure Resort

Resort name: Westgate Vacation Villas

Resort name: Wyndham Cypress Palms

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We just visited Cypress Palms two weeks ago, and the units were very nice. I would take it or Cypress Pointe.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two that I've visited, which I think are VERY nice aren't on your list. Sheraton Vistana Villages and Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not far

how far is that from Disney? thanks

Cypress Pointe Grande Villas <1 mile. Wyndham CP about 3-4 miles. Traffic and access to services without requiring driving much better at CPGV.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Grand Lakes may be the old Embassy Vacation Club?

I would check, but Grand Lakes may be the old Embassy Grand Lakes and it is very nice. The RCI code is 3664 and most of the units are 3 bedroom.

Holysmoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would check, but Grand Lakes may be the old Embassy Grand Lakes and it is very nice. The RCI code is 3664 and most of the units are 3 bedroom.

does this sound like it?

Highlights:
Located in Kissimmee on Lake Wilson, Grand Lake Resort is only a mile and a half from Walt Disney World(R). The resort has beautifully furnished one- and two-bedroom units, a swimming pool, games room, tennis court, children's play area, a large lake--with a sandy beach, boat dock, water toys--basketball court, and fitness center. Golf is available at several local courses. Other attractions include Universal Studios and SeaWorld.

Directions:
Orlando International Airport is approximately 30 miles away. From the airport, follow the signs that say "AREA ATTRACTIONS" (528 West/Beeline Express- way), which is a toll road. Take 528 westto I-4 west. Follow I-4 west (towards Tampa) to Exit 64B, Highway 192 West. Continue on 192 west (far left lane) past Disney's main entrance. Continue to the resort, which will be on the left approximately 1 1/2 miles.

Additional Information:
All units at Grand Lake Resort have a television and a whirlpool tub. Each unit has a full kitchen including a dishwasher and microwave oven. 1BR units OCC: Max 4/Pri 4 have 1 bath, 1 queen bed and 1 sleeper sofa. 2BR units OCC: Max 6/Pri 6 have 2 baths. Some have 1queen bed, 2 twin beds and a sleeper sofa.Others have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The resort has two floors - no elevators. Check-in at 4:00 pm on Sunday. Check-out by 10:00 am. A security deposit of US$100 required at check-in (cash, Visa, Amex, Mastercard, or Discover), 24 hr check in. No pets are allowed. A car is recommendedto fully enjoy the area. No parking for RV's or other over-sized vehicles on-site. Grand Lake Resort has one (1) handicapped unit that is utilized based on avail- ability. The resort offers full-scale services for transportation services such as rental cars and taxicab assistance.

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the Grand Beach is the name of the resort the former Embassy. I think Grand Lakes is an older resort. I would take Cypress Point.

Bee

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
A second recommendation for Wyndham Cypress Palms. Nice resort, good location. The other Wyndham resort (Orlando International Resort Club) is a nice location if you're going to a convention at the Orange County Conv Ctr or want to be closer to Universal Studios. The units at OIRC are basic and the resort amenities are non-existent.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
No, I think it is Grand Beach

Based on the description I also think the old Embassy Vacation Club is called Grand Beach not Grand Lakes. Almost all of the old Embassy are 3 bedrooms, 4 floor buildings and the description just does not sound correct. I will look it up for you, but I would tend to agree that based on your choices Cypress Pointe will be the nicest. It is a nice property and you should enjoy your stay.

Many of the properties on your list are older and you may not be as happy.

Good luck!

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two on the list that I would not consider. The first is Grand Lakes, and the second is Villas at Fortune Place. Club Sevilla is in a rather sketchy part of town. Summer Bay is a lovely resort, but I have heard that the Villa units are a bit small . Cypress Palms is supposed to be a nice resort, as is Cypress Pointe.

Dori

Denise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Silver Lake Location

I have never stayed at Silver Lake so I cannot give you info on the condition of the property except to say the grounds appear to be well kept from what you can see driving by. What is nice is that the resort is located on the "back entrance" to Disney and makes getting to the Disney resorts easy. We stayed at the Houses of Summer Bay and used this route almost every day.

Holysmoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
we love the Grand Beach and sadly it isn't offered in December.

We have a family of 6 so the 3 bedroom is wonderful. We just left the Grand Beach 2 weeks ago.

I will stay at Cypress Pointe and I thank you all for the comments.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Be aware that there are two different resorts

we love the Grand Beach and sadly it isn't offered in December.

We have a family of 6 so the 3 bedroom is wonderful. We just left the Grand Beach 2 weeks ago.

I will stay at Cypress Pointe and I thank you all for the comments.

I think you will be happy with that choice but do remember that there are two independent resorts at the Cypress Pointe complex along with an unrelated third (Blue Tree). You are signing up for Grande Villas, the mid-rise resort on the property. It is currently an un-ranked resort although very nice. The other resort is Cypress Pointe Resort - currently an RCI Silver Crown resort that, while older in the physical building ages, has been more aggressive in updates and improvements to compete with newer resorts in the area. Staying at one or the other gives you access to all common facilities but there are two totally different units and building styles. Staying at one is not the same as visiting the other as far as unit features and layout. Not to say both aren't nice, just different. Both share one of the best locations in all of Orlando. Enjoy your trip.

Holysmoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
good info. I didn't know that.

I can't climb stairs due to rods and pins in leg so grand villas has elevators and phase I didnt.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Same Check-In Desk For Both Cypress Pointe Phases.

I can't climb stairs due to rods and pins in leg so grand villas has elevators and phase I didnt.
The Chief Of Staff & I both have creaky old-folks knees, so we're also fond of those elevators in the Grandevillas condo buildings.

Phase II & Phase I both use the same check-in desk in the Phase I clubhouse, but the 2 phases are 2 separate timeshare resorts even so. That is, if your reservation is for Phase I they won't assign you to a Phase II unit & vice versa.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Holysmoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Chief Of Staff & I both have creaky old-folks knees, so we're also fond of those elevators in the Grandevillas condo buildings.

Phase II & Phase I both use the same check-in desk in the Phase I clubhouse, but the 2 phases are 2 separate timeshare resorts even so. That is, if your reservation is for Phase I they won't assign you to a Phase II unit & vice versa.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

looking forward to the grandevillas. havent been to disney in December since childhood

hvsteve1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to be a WDW at or around Christmas, be sure to buy tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. You can get them on line and the sooner the better as those tend to sell out. The advantage is they close the park then reopen it only to ticketholders. Because it is a controlled number of tickets, you will be in a very uncrowded park during one of the busiest times of year. There are special shows and fireworks and the attractions, which would normally have lines, are nearly deserted. We didn't even have to arrive early to claim a good spot for the Christmas parade or fireworks. As I recall, tickets were about $40 (comparing well with a regular park tickets) and even included free cookies and hot chocolate throught the park.

David R

Reaction score
I'm not an experienced TS traveler so take what I say with a grain of salt. I stayed in a 2br unit at Silver Lakes 3 years ago. The unit was huge (I'm guessing 1000 sq feet) and the staff was very friendly. Everything was very clean and nicely kept up. It was 10 minutes to Disney and it was very quiet as long as your not near the pool as they had a concert there Fri and Sat night I think. I rented from a TS owner and we had an excellent time. I would definitely go back in a couple years when our two littlest ones are a bit older.