• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Marriott to stay for Disneyworld trip

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For a Disneyworld trip, which Marriott timeshare would you stay at and why? Are any of them on property of Disneyworld? We would be mainly going for Disneyworld so closeness would be helpful, but certainly for those off rest days, a nice pool and amenities at Marriott would be appreciated.

cruisin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like imperial palms, super close huge 3 bedroom units, you also get to use the marriott world center hotel pool. super close.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I really like imperial palms, super close huge 3 bedroom units, you also get to use the marriott world center hotel pool. super close.

I agree if you want 3 bedrooms. If 2 bedrooms are just as good, I prefer Sabal Palms. Same advantages as Imperial Palms and the closest to the World Center (just a very short walk).

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My only comment for you is to look at a map and understand what it means to be "close" to Disney World. The place is huge so even if you are close to Downtown Disney (like Imperial Palms), you aren't very close to Magic Kingdom. Pick the one that you like best from an amenities perspective and then know that you will drive 10-20 minutes to any one of the theme parks.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
follow-up questions on difference betweem Marriott Orlando timeshares

So after reading TUG reviews:

1) Sabal Palms (MSP) - closest
2) Harbour Lake (MHZ) - newest(?)
3) Grande Vista (MGR/MGV) - very popular

All of the above, in a 2 bedroom are available for the week we want to go.

Questions:

1) What's the difference between MGR vs. MGV?
2) do any of them have offer in-room internet service, and at a reasonable cost?
3) are there any daily taxes and/or other fees (parking) at check-out?
4) do any of them have in-bedroom TVs?
5) which has the best pools on-site?
6) what are oldest to newest ones and how would you rate the quality of furnishings for each?
7) how would you rate the quality of beds in each?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a Disneyworld trip, which Marriott timeshare would you stay at and why? Are any of them on property of Disneyworld? We would be mainly going for Disneyworld so closeness would be helpful, but certainly for those off rest days, a nice pool and amenities at Marriott would be appreciated.

Everyone seems to forgotten about the newest property; Lakeshore Reserve.

Never been there, but I hear it's quite nice!

That's the one I'd pick.....

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

I have been to many of them....

Lakeshore
Lakeshore
Lakeshore....

not even close...

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If kids are with you, then nice pool area is definitely important! Maybe check the websites of each to see if there are pictures of the pool areas. Have a great time!

Janna

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So after reading TUG reviews:

1) Sabal Palms (MSP) - closest
2) Harbour Lake (MHZ) - newest(?)
3) Grande Vista (MGR/MGV) - very popular

All of the above, in a 2 bedroom are available for the week we want to go.

Questions:

1) What's the difference between MGR vs. MGV?

No difference from an exchange standpoint.

2) do any of them have offer in-room internet service, and at a reasonable cost?

All Marriott timeshares offer in room internet, some wired, most wifi. Always at no extra cost.

3) are there any daily taxes and/or other fees (parking) at check-out?

None in Orlando charge for parking.

4) do any of them have in-bedroom TVs?

I believe that all the resorts have televisions in the bedrooms in addition to the living rooms.

5) which has the best pools on-site?

The Palms resorts have access to the World Center pools which are great. As for the timeshare resorts, I would say Grande Vista has the best pools.

6) what are oldest to newest ones and how would you rate the quality of furnishings for each?

Lakeshore Reserve is the newest, then Harbour Lake, Grande Vista and then the Palms resorts.

7) how would you rate the quality of beds in each?

They should all be of similar quality as long as they have undergone recent renovations.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My most recent stay was Cypress Harbour and I was very impressed. The ground and landscaping are beautiful. It has the feel of a very loved, well maintained resort. All units are 2 bedrooms and there are 2 pool areas with some great facilities for children. The location was very convenient to the parks, restaurants & shopping. I would highly recommend Cypress Harbour.

I had previously stayed at Lakeshore Reserve in a 2 bedroom. This property isn't complete, they only have 2 buildings (4 ? stories each) and 2 sections of townhomes. I don't know if/when they will continue construction. The units are very impressive and you can also use the pools at the JW Marriott & Ritz next door. It's a bit of a walk to the other pools and we thought the pool at Lakeshore Reserve was great. This property seemed more isolated from the Disney parks, shopping & restaurants. I would definitely go back, but I almost prefer Cypress Harbour to Lakeshore Reserve.

Many years ago we stayed at Imperial Palms & Royal Palms. Although these properties are older they are very well maintained. You can't beat the close location to Disney and the use of the Marriott Orlando World Center's pool & facilities. If you have children they would probably love the pools at the World Center.

I haven't stayed at Grande Vista or Harbour Lake.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think an important question to know is who is going to be in your party? A group of adults or a young family? What are the ages of the kids in your party?

Some of the properties do kids activities better than others. Marriott Harbour Lake has the best pools for kids and tons of kids activities, organized and not. There is a miniature golf course that my kids played at least once a day. Plus, this resort is smaller than Grande Vista, so our kids had the freedom to go between the pools themselves.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think an important question to know is who is going to be in your party? A group of adults or a young family? What are the ages of the kids in your party?

Some of the properties do kids activities better than others. Marriott Harbour Lake has the best pools for kids and tons of kids activities, organized and not. There is a miniature golf course that my kids played at least once a day. Plus, this resort is smaller than Grande Vista, so our kids had the freedom to go between the pools themselves.

2 adults and 2 teenagers(14,16). Plan to spend most of the time at theme parks but 1-2 days on property enjoying the resort.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
:D :D I would have to agree.

Unfortunately there was absolutely no inventory available. We're using an XYZ and they told me our first choice, Grand Vista was not available for XYZ even though I could see the inventory on-line. Iasked if she could check with a supervisor, same answer - no.

Our only options for now are Cypress Harbour or the Palms (Royal or Sabal).

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far is XYZ going now...late spring? Early summer?
I just exchanged Grande Vista studio for Sabal Palms 2 bedroom in June. Just needed something bigger. Really wanted Cypress Harbour but my studio wasn't a strong enough trader to get it. Stayed at Cypress Harbour in October and loved it even though the second bedroom was small. I have never stayed at Sabal Palms but have read nice things about it. Very close to Disney World.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just exchanged Grande Vista studio for Sabal Palms 2 bedroom in June. Just needed something bigger. Really wanted Cypress Harbour but my studio wasn't a strong enough trader to get it. Stayed at Cypress Harbour in October and loved it even though the second bedroom was small. I have never stayed at Sabal Palms but have read nice things about it. Very close to Disney World.

There is a thread in the Sightings forum that shows when inventory is through. Though you have to be a TUG member to get to that forum.

If you were looking for something bigger why would you not just re-exchange for something bigger if you see it online instead of an XYZ? If you want two units, then XYZ is the best option, but something bigger a re-exchange is ideal, and cheaper.

Not sure why your MGV studio could see a Sabal Palms and not a Cypress Harbour. Sabal must not be as in demand.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Sabal Palms is excellent now that it has been completely refurbished.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
cypress harbour has a queen bed and a fold out in the end bedroom.
sabal has a twin/single and a double in bedroom 2
Royal has a double (maybe a queen) and a day bed in bedroom 2.

Cypress has many more evening activities than the Palms (at least in December when we were there-the palms had no evening activities)

Harbour lake would not be a good choice for teens even if you could get it.

Cypress has a teen room as does Sabal (don't remember about Royal)

Royal and Sabal are definitely closer to Disney but only by about 7-10 minutes

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Cypress has many more evening activities than the Palms (at least in December when we were there-the palms had no evening activities).

But you can take advantage of all activities at the World Center. The World Center is an integral part of the experience at all three of the Palms resorts on the property.

philatraveler02

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Sabah and cypress many times, also at lakeshore once .
All 3are fantastic but I think more activities at cypress for kids -
Basketball , pool , bikes etc
Slight bit more of a drive to Disney from cypress but not that much
You cannot go wrong with Sabah or cypress
John

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family stayed at Grande Vista last year and toured Cypress and Harbor Lake while we were there. We liked Grande Vista the most. The ground is brighter and grand. Cypress is cozy, but a little dark due to all the trees. Harbor Lake has all the activities, but we were not impressed by the buildings. Seemed a little out dated.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you have a rental car (which you need in Orlando IMO) I wouldn't be concerned about the proximity to WDW. You will likely spend more time driving around WDW property getting to the parks than you do driving outside of Disney trying to get to the WDW gates. Pick the one that had the amenities that best suit your needs. The distance between the most distant Marriott properties is probably at most 15 minutes.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
:D :D I would have to agree.

Unfortunately there was absolutely no inventory available. We're using an XYZ and they told me our first choice, Grand Vista was not available for XYZ even though I could see the inventory on-line. Iasked if she could check with a supervisor, same answer - no.

Our only options for now are Cypress Harbour or the Palms (Royal or Sabal).

I wonder if Sales Executive can comment on whether Marriott is intentionally holding prime II deposits until they are within 60 days vs the more traditional 12 mos window of the past?

This is what happened with me recently on an II exchange to Lakeshore Reserve. I got it, but I got it within a 45 day window which did me no good. I can't travel with that short of notice. I had to give it back.

To me the 60 day or less window appears to be a very real deposit pattern that is occurring.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Love Cypress Harbour. It's the nicest Marriott in Orlando (my opinion). The units have recently been redone, and I adore the lake, the views, and the location. I would take CH over GV any day of the week. Haven't stayed at Lakeshore Reserve yet, but I can say I was not impress with Harbour Lake.