• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which kind of digital camera

Grand Vic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new digital camera that is easy for me to use. I want something that has a screen and buttons that are fairly easy to see so I don't have to grab my glasses everytime I want to use it. By the time I do that the good shots are past! I also want one that doesn't take forever to take the shot. I have been online and read reviews, but first hand experience is priceless. Thanks!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had great luck with Canons - we've had three of them, different models, but all (I think) are "digital elph" models.

We used the first two so much that they basically wore out, and now we're happily using number three.

The models we bought have quite a few settings, but there's an automatic setting and we've never found the need to move away from it. Occasionally we've played with some of the other settings (video, kids'n'pets, and so forth), but we leave it on auto 99% of the time.

One piece of advice - get one that uses AA (or AAA) batteries so it'll be easy to always have a spare set available. We rechargeable AAs.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure you compare the dimensions of the screen on the back of the camera. Some of the screens are really LARGE.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure the camera provides electronic image stabilization.

And if you're far-sighted and don't want to grab your glasses, that the camera has a viewfinder (peephole) as well as a screen.

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have several. I prefer the Canon and the Nikon. I think the Canon takes a nicer picture, but the Nikon is smaller and lighter. Both take good snapshots.

All in, I'd get another Canon before I'd get another Nikon. But I do like them both.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consumer Reports list Canon and Panasonic as the best. I have a Canon and my brother has a Panasonic and both are very good. The only thing that I would add is to make sure it has viewfinder (peephole) as stated above. On a bright sunny day, it is difficult to see the screen and the viewfinder is better. I would rather use AA batteries, but the smaller cameras do not offer that. It just depends on what you are looking for. Last of all, you don't need 8 , 10, or 12 MP. Don't pay more for that. If you are not making 8 x 10 prints, a 5 MP is all you need. However, good luck finding something smaller than 6 MP.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Nikon SLR D60 outstanding pictures and my spouse owns a Canon PowerShot SD1100 very compact, this camera will give you some great shots.

Enjoy you t/s week.