• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which is best choice-Arroyo roble or Sedona Vac club?

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which is a better choice for Sedona/grand canyon?

Arroyo Roble or Sedona Vac Club (2026)? We will have 4 adults and 1 child 10 yrs old.

We would like a nice pool, spacious rooms, and kitchen space.

We plan on going in mid-June or 1st week in April. Can't decide that either.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

thanks

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many Arroyo Roble lovers on TUG. I went last August, and I can understand why. We had a very spacious unit (the master bedroom has a sitting area and a great tub (I can't remember if is was a jacuzzi - I think it was.)) You are a short walk (though uphill - not for people who can't walk well) to the heart of the shops and restaurants of Sedona. The grounds are beautiful. Of course, just being in Sedona is wonderful, regardless of where you stay!!

Good luck with your choice.
Edye

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the AR recommendation. I have stayed at other units and the AR units are some of the oldest in Sedona. OTOH, they are also some of the most roomy and charming. The resort sits right in town, so the walk up the hill is great.

Other resorts are spread out in different locations, but they are quite nice (those that I have seen). I don't think you can go wrong in Sedona.

But if you need a unit without steps, avoid AR. The bedrooms are all upstairs.

huestous

Reaction score
I have never been to the Sedona Vac Club, so cannot draw a direct comparison. But I have been to the Arroyo Roble, and give it a very enthusiastic thumbs up. Your children will love the location on Oak Creek.

We're headed back there this summer for our second exchange into the AR.

Sallylee

TUG Member
Reaction score
decisions decisions

:confused: SVC has restaurants at the resort as well as a Spa, the grounds are very nice and it is right next to Telapaque, a shopping/artisan center full of galleries and restaurants. I have stayed at both and enjoyed both, I do like that SVC has the pool outside. If you want an indoor pool than AR is the one. I kind of like having the additional services offered by SVC. It would also depend on what size unit, the studio at SVC is no more than a hotel room really, the 1 bd and 2 bd are nice comfortable size with kitchenette. If you want to cook yourself than AR would be better with a full kitchen. By SVC is am assuming you mean at Los Abrigados and not one of their other sedona locales.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Arroyo Roble has an indoor/outdoor pool. It's pretty large outside, and then you can swim through a "tunnel" to get to the indoor section.

JEFF H

Reaction score
maryk said:
Which is a better choice for Sedona/grand canyon?
Arroyo Roble or Sedona Vac Club (2026)? We will have 4 adults and 1 child 10 yrs old.
thanks

I think Arroyo Roble is the best choice with your group as all units are all two bedroom that can sleep 6. both bedrooms are upstairs with a queen size in the master and two twins in the other. sofa sleeper downstairs.

Sedona Vacation club has a few 2-BR units but I have never seen one.
most of there units are 1-BR and have a king or two double beds. They also have a sofa sleeper.