• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which DVC Disney World resorts have the extra sleeper chair or extra twin bed?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Our daughter really wants to stay at Old Key West because there is the extra sleeper chair in the living room. I told her AKL also has one, and so she had me add that one to the search. AKL would actually be ideal because it has two bathrooms. AKL is just far from the parks.

They have a girl who is 14 and and an11-year-old boy. They cannot sleep in the same bed but get along well enough to share the living room area. I know Saratoga is adding a bed under the entertainment center in the one bedrooms, but those are not done quite yet. Are there others that have the extra bed?

I told them to just accept Saratoga Springs and take an air bed with them, but that would be tough to take on a plane. Has anyone done that?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
also b/g kids. our twin airbed, inflater and sheets fit into a regular size backpack. We took it on the plane to Bermuda a few years ago. We always take it--just in case. a number of other 1BR DVCs have the extra bed, inlcuding Bay Lake Tower, Riviera, one of the Wilderness lodge DVC ones. IMHO, OKW is a superior space, much larger.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter really wants to stay at Old Key West because there is the extra sleeper chair in the living room. I told her AKL also has one, and so she had me add that one to the search. AKL would actually be ideal because it has two bathrooms. AKL is just far from the parks.

They have a girl who is 14 and and an11-year-old boy. They cannot sleep in the same bed but get along well enough to share the living room area. I know Saratoga is adding a bed under the entertainment center in the one bedrooms, but those are not done quite yet. Are there others that have the extra bed?

I told them to just accept Saratoga Springs and take an air bed with them, but that would be tough to take on a plane. Has anyone done that?
BLT has the extra pullout and a second bath. Riviera and GF have a small pulldown also. I think all of Congress park SSR is done for the refurb, they were working on The Springs the last I heard. So they should be OK for preferred view and out of luck for standard view for the issue at hand. I get the sense this is for an exchange, if so, list everything and hope for the best. I suspect you can also rent a cot locally if needed. You can put an 11 y/o boy anywhere and they will be fine.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, we are trying for an exchange.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are trying for an exchange.
Then I would not micromanage it and pick and chose as they can make it work with any 1BR. I'd assume SSR as the most likely and OKW as the next most likely. Edited to remove info one plus as DVC is still in II in my mind so the info was inaccurate.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely SSR is the one they are likely to get. Air mattresses work just fine. I cannot imagine having that many people in a one bedroom, one bathroom, but staying onsite is very important to them, and this is for November. I feel differently and like a larger unit, particularly any Marriott over Disney, but this is a strange year and Disney is only allowing people at the resorts to go to the parks daily. Others have to settle for 3 day reservations. That is so un-Disney.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is so un-Disney.
I don't see it that way. It's a crazy time but historically they've always given preference to on property guests. They really have to guarantee a certain chance of park attendance for on property thus it only makes sense that they limit with access first to on property. Also realize that on the hotel side a lot of the resorts are still closed so as they open up those resorts getting in from off property will likely get more difficult but it certainly won't get easier until they don't have to limit numbers.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Definitely SSR is the one they are likely to get. Air mattresses work just fine. I cannot imagine having that many people in a one bedroom, one bathroom, but staying onsite is very important to them, and this is for November. I feel differently and like a larger unit, particularly any Marriott over Disney, but this is a strange year and Disney is only allowing people at the resorts to go to the parks daily. Others have to settle for 3 day reservations. That is so un-Disney.

We are going for 10 days to WDW Oct/Nov. Had no trouble booking all 7 days we are going to the parks and not staying onsite any of those days.

We are staying onsite a couple days at AKL to use up some expired points. But those days we are not going to the park. Just going to lounge around at resort.

Why do you say that if you are not staying onsite you can only reserve 3 days? Is it because of an annual pass limitation?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Then I would not micromanage it and pick and chose as they can make it work with any 1BR. I'd assume SSR as the most likely and OKW as the next most likely. If you have ePlus you could keep an eye out for a retrace after that to a better option, either a resort that's an even better fit or a 2 BR.
Isn't ePlus for Interval International only? Since OP is trading for DVC, trade would be in RCI.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are going for 10 days to WDW Oct/Nov. Had no trouble booking all 7 days we are going to the parks and not staying onsite any of those days.

We are staying onsite a couple days at AKL to use up some expired points. But those days we are not going to the park. Just going to lounge around at resort.

Why do you say that if you are not staying onsite you can only reserve 3 days? Is it because of an annual pass limitation?

Could be AP limits. My daughter and my DIL both said this limit is in place for off-site guests, and if that is not true for your trip, perhaps it is our AP's, which we always have.

I could always go any day I wanted with my AP's before, Dean, but now reservations are required. You don't find that different? I am not talking about Extra Magic Hours. I have been known to book a bunch of us into two DVC studio rooms then not use the rooms at all, just to get EMH for our group (and FP+).

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 is the limit for AP. Here's the WDW info:
  • Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests can make park reservations for dates during their stay for the number of days that they have valid theme park admission.
  • Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.
  • Existing ticket holders can make reservations for the number of days of valid theme park admission. [note, WDW is now selling tickets again-paused this spring].

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 is the limit for AP. Here's the WDW info:
  • Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests can make park reservations for dates during their stay for the number of days that they have valid theme park admission.
  • Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.
  • Existing ticket holders can make reservations for the number of days of valid theme park admission. [note, WDW is now selling tickets again-paused this spring].
See, now that is preferential treatment and insulting to those who stay offsite and have AP's. Walt would never approve of treating guests that way. Disney is making a lot of money on the tickets, and it's greed, pure and simple.

Ironically, it's pretty easy to get DVC currently for fall, and that is so different from previous years. I am even more determined for RCI exchanges because that will make the $190 fee a minor expense.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm guessing that the concern was that AP would book too many days and take spots from others. However, 3 seems extreme. IMHO 5-7 would have been fairer, to cover a week-long WDW visit. Once you've used a day, you can book another. If you booked the more popular parks, like HS (with new star wars) and MK, you could likely pick up EP or AK on the fly after using a day.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm guessing that the concern was that AP would book too many days and take spots from others. However, 3 seems extreme. IMHO 5-7 would have been fairer, to cover a week-long WDW visit. Once you've used a day, you can book another. If you booked the more popular parks, like HS (with new star wars) and MK, you could likely pick up EP or AK on the fly after using a day.
Exactly what we are hoping for next month. We have all of the parks but EPCOT. My DIL has been doing the planning and decided on Universal for most of our trip, since Universal has great deals for hotel stays. They are staying at Lakeshore Reserve for a full week, Royal Pacific for 3 nights. We stay at Cypress Harbour the entire time but are on their hotel room for the ability to use the parks. Unsure how Universal is handling crowds, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Our son is just horrified that he will need to wear a mask at all of the parks. He sweats at 80 degrees, so wearing a mask has him almost hyperventilating, just imagining the wearing of a mask in Orlando.

Our air is dry in Denver. When people say it feels cooler in a dry climate, I am in full agreement with that.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't ePlus for Interval International only? Since OP is trading for DVC, trade would be in RCI.

You're right of course. DVC's still in II in my mind given it was there for so long.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep in mind that the experience at Disney World is going to be less magical. No shows, no characters, limited dining choices, etc., and my DIL just found out that fast food is taking hours to get. You order, take a number, get a text saying your food is ready, and some on one FB group are saying to bring your own lunch or die of starvation in wait of their expensive food to be ready. We will be taking our lunches in coolers. Bella is still in a stroller, so we have a lot of room in that thing for coolers.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the experience at Disney World is going to be less magical. No shows, no characters, limited dining choices, etc., and my DIL just found out that fast food is taking hours to get. You order, take a number, get a text saying your food is ready, and some on one FB group are saying to bring your own lunch or die of starvation in wait of their expensive food to be ready. We will be taking our lunches in coolers. Bella is still in a stroller, so we have a lot of room in that thing for coolers.
We rarely do counter service opting more for table service. I have our reservations all booked for an upcoming 8 night trip accordingly.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exactly what we are hoping for next month. We have all of the parks but EPCOT. My DIL has been doing the planning and decided on Universal for most of our trip, since Universal has great deals for hotel stays. They are staying at Lakeshore Reserve for a full week, Royal Pacific for 3 nights. We stay at Cypress Harbour the entire time but are on their hotel room for the ability to use the parks. Unsure how Universal is handling crowds, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Our son is just horrified that he will need to wear a mask at all of the parks. He sweats at 80 degrees, so wearing a mask has him almost hyperventilating, just imagining the wearing of a mask in Orlando.

Our air is dry in Denver. When people say it feels cooler in a dry climate, I am in full agreement with that.
We will be at Lakeshore from Oct 23 to Oct 30. Then to AKL for a couple of nights and finally at Hard Rock for the last 2 nights. Will our paths cross and we can meet up at Lakeshore? Met a couple Tuggers there this past June/July.

We love how Universal is serious about covid and felt very safe. There are mask free zones you can take off masks and rest at. We got to go there during the summer for most of the time since Disneyworld was not open. Express pass was rarely needed as the crowds were do low. I did read that this past weekend it was packed and the parks reached capacity. Here are some pics of Universal & Islands of Adventure around noon on different days.
8391f26f04910884c86bdfeb67b32bc2.jpg
dde843e98540d3dc7c5e6f42a56616f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You're right of course. DVC's still in II in my mind given it was there for so long.
I think when I first thought of trading in the TS world, DVC just switched to RCI. Did DVC switch over in 2009 or so?

Don't worry, old habits are hard to break

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think when I first thought of trading in the TS world, DVC just switched to RCI. Did DVC switch over in 2009 or so?

Don't worry, old habits are hard to break

It's been a while but I traded in so much under II that it's locked into my brain.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I understand completely. If MKO went to RCI, I would still be trading it in II.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
also b/g kids. our twin airbed, inflater and sheets fit into a regular size backpack. We took it on the plane to Bermuda a few years ago. We always take it--just in case. a number of other 1BR DVCs have the extra bed, inlcuding Bay Lake Tower, Riviera, one of the Wilderness lodge DVC ones. IMHO, OKW is a superior space, much larger.
Neither Copper Creek Villas or Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge have a convertible bed in the one bedroom. BRV has a bunk sized murphy bed in the studio, not in the one bedroom. CCV is a hard four in both the studio and one bedroom.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Polynesian Villas has an extra bed - like a murphy bed that folds down from the wall. However, I don't think I have ever seen it as an available exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Polynesian Villas has an extra bed - like a murphy bed that folds down from the wall. However, I don't think I have ever seen it as an available exchange.
Not yet. I remember when we all thought Animal Kingdom would never come available for exchange.

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
frank808, we will be at Lakeshore from 10/29-11/5. It would be nice to visit again.