• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Cabo resorts have you been to and what did you think of them?

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
TUG Fam,

I want to plan a trip to Cabo in the next few months and am strongly leading towards Vista Encantada. Which resorts have folks been to? Any favorites/unfavs and why? When replying, please identify the timeshare program they are with (i.e. Diamond, Hilton, etc) and whether they are RCI or II (or other) traded resorts (if possible, include the resort code).

Looking forward to seeing which resorts folks loved!

- Ligy

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We have stayed at Sirena Del Mar (Welk Resorts) on an internal points exchange and Grand Solmar at Lands End.

Of the two we preferred GSLE. It is within walking distance to the Marina and the resort itself is beautiful. It has beautiful pools and good restaurants. The only downside for us is that you can’t go in the ocean, because it is too dangerous. We traded in via II.

Sirena Del Mar is out on the corridor, so you need to take taxis, the bus after walking up to the main road, or have a car. The resort is smaller, but has a nice view of the ocean.

Reviews of both resorts are available here on TUG.

Best regards.

Mike

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I have stay many times at FAVC, in my opinion is one of the most beautiful in Cabo, must of their buildings are on a mountain beside the sea. There are nice views and pools. But in the downside the resort doesn’t has a good beach and this year they start with the all inclusive mandatory.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Cabo Azul - Diamond, in San Jose. Beautiful resort. Walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. Beautiful beach.
Fiesta Americana - RCI Beautiful. On the corridor so need a car. All-inclusive. Nice little snorkeling beach in front.
Casa Dorada Medano beach - Really nice. Great location in the party zone. Best beach to swim. Can get loud but fun.
Villa del Palmar - Pretty good. Older. Good location.
Pueblo Bonito Blanco - Pretty good. Older. Awesome location.
Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach - Really nice. On the Pacific side. Great views. Not swimmable.
Marina Fiesta - Ok. Older. Right in the marina so you can walk everywhere.

I need to start planning a Cabo trip!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We owned a fixed week at Pueblo Bonito Rose for many, many years and used it almost every year. We've stayed at the Blanco next door and Sunset Beach on the Pacific side, and enjoyed all our stays very much. All three exchange with RCI and all-inclusive is optional.

We really enjoyed our stay at Cabo Azul in San Jose del Cabo that we rented from another Tugger, and we enjoyed staying at Marina Fiesta. Many years ago we stayed at the Westin on the corridor and that was nice, too. Every trip to Cabo has been lots of fun.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Villa del Palmar , rci and ii, no mandatory ai, exchangers often complain about their room assignments. No washer and dryer except in the two bed units. Nice beach and pools. Nightly entertainment costs about $45.00 pp. Close enough to walk to town.

Villa del Arco, ii, no mandatory ai, not too many bad rooms but exchangers complain about room assignment. All one and two bed units have washer and dryer. Restaurants at both of these resorts are very good. Nice beach. Large decks. Close enough to walk to town.

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, rci, no mandatory ai, resort on steep hill, nice restaurants, can use the other resorts on Medano Beach, no washer or dryer in any units. Too far to walk to town. Nice views from most units.

Monte Crisco Estates, trades in luxury villas , no ai, excellent views, private swimming pool , not tub and bbq, smart house technology, large kitchen, very nice everything. Too far out to walk to town.

WM Baja Coral, rci, no ai, large fully furnished units, some units have private not tub on deck, washer and dryer, nice beach but not swimable close to San Jose del Cabo.

Bahia del Mar, rci, one of the oldest hotels converted into condos, good restaurant, more of a hotel than a resort, close to Medano Beach action. No ai. Recent location but no views anymore as Casa Dorado was built in front of it.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Club Regina - RVC - and love its location. Built on seaside cliffs so every unit has an Ocean view. Good place to watch whales during season. Need a car as it is on the Corridor between the two towns.

Coral Baja - Worldmark. It is one of our favorites. Low key laid back. II and RCI. Car really helps.

Cabo Azul - Diamond. Beautiful Resort and easy walking to many things. Condo overlooked adult pool. We liked the location of the room.

Grand Mayan. Least favorite. But then Patti spent most of the week sick in Bed.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I’d happily go back to any and all of them.

Travel1

Reaction score
Club Regina - RVC - and love its location. Built on seaside cliffs so every unit has an Ocean view. Good place to watch whales during season. Need a car as it is on the Corridor between the two towns.

Coral Baja - Worldmark. It is one of our favorites. Low key laid back. II and RCI. Car really helps.

Cabo Azul - Diamond. Beautiful Resort and easy walking to many things. Condo overlooked adult pool. We liked the location of the room.

Grand Mayan. Least favorite. But then Patti spent most of the week sick in Bed.
+1 for the Worldmark Coral Baja. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Penthouse suite and loved it. Great views, nice pool and beach area, restaurant on premise....but the best part is that the resort was just the right size for a laid back and relaxing vacation.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We go to Coral Baja and Cabo Azul about every other year. There are just so many places to go. Right now we are in Australia for 3 weeks - 2 weeks Tasmania and 1 week Melbourne. This is our winter spot for this year. We were in Cabo last winter and planning for next winter in Cabo.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like the balcony or deck, so imo, the best decks with at least a table with four chairs, two loungers and a view are the Villa del Arco, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Mote Cristo Estates and Baja Coral.

I think my favorites are Villa del Palmar and Villa del Arco ocean front penthouses with very large decks , hot tubs, bbq and excellent view of Lands End.

I agree with the above post about the Villa del Palmar regarding 1 and 2 bedroom units only because of the deck size. The resort went through a renovation a few years ago and is nice enough.

I'm certain there are other resorts in Cabo with large decks and a good view.

Bill

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I also stay once at Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, the resort is close from Fiesta Americana, we stay in a 1 br of 2 floors with hot tub in the br, the suite was nice but the pools are better in favc, both resorts are inside of exclusive neighborhood called Cabo del Sol, which has a Nicklaus golf course.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only been to Hacienda del Mar.

IF you get a refurbished building (last year none of the 3 BR units or any units in I think building 23? had been refurbished) it's great. VERY nice pools (IMO). Beach was gorgeous (lots of sand to walk in). I thought that food at the resort was rather pricey compared to say, Vidanta. But that's why there's kitchens in the rooms, LOL. Staff were great!

I would like to try the Grand Mayan mainly because it's supposedly close to the small town there that you could walk there and get more "culture" as it were. I like to experience local cuisine.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
TUG Fam,

I want to plan a trip to Cabo in the next few months and am strongly leading towards Vista Encantada. Which resorts have folks been to? Any favorites/unfavs and why? When replying, please identify the timeshare program they are with (i.e. Diamond, Hilton, etc) and whether they are RCI or II (or other) traded resorts (if possible, include the resort code).

- Ligy
We are booked into a 3 bdr at Vista Encantada next year. Hopefully we will like it because the only Cabo resort that I didn't love (due to location) was Hacienda Encantada. I just like being closer to town. We have also stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Grand Solmar, Villa del Palmar, and my personal favorite, Club Cascadas. I would return to any of them.

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
We are booked into a 3 bdr at Vista Encantada next year. Hopefully we will like it because the only Cabo resort that I didn't love (due to location) was Hacienda Encantada. I just like being closer to town. We have also stayed at Pueblo Bonito, Sunset Beach, Grand Solmar, Villa del Palmar, and my personal favorite, Club Cascadas. I would return to any of them.

@klpca , check out this Vista Encantada post! https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/vista-encantada-spa-resort-and-residences.293301/

@hurnik just had guests that were there!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been fun reading this post, and remembering those that I have visited over the past 20 years. Don't own there, so has always been an exchange. Here's my list:
Through Interval:
Cabo Villas
Grand Solmar, Lands End

Through RCI:
Haciendo del Mar
Marina Fiesta
Playa Grande
Pueblo Bonito, Sunset Beach
Pueblo Bonito, Blanco
Sandos Finisterra
Solmar Beach Club

Of them all, would have to say Grand Solmar, Lands End was my favorite; Finisterra, least.

Hacienda Del Mar is lovely but I prefer to be closer to town since we often did not rent a car.

Cabo Villas -- fun to be in the center of action, on the beach --- but too many units jammed together.

Marina Fiesta -- fun location but cannot see water other than Marina. Somehow I scored corner unit with huge deck including hot tub.

The one still on my list is Casa Dorada, in Medano Beach, oh and maybe Club Cascadas, based on comments.

Haven't stayed there, but an awful online video review of Tesoro would keep me away.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are booked into a 3 bdr at Vista Encantada next year. Hopefully we will like it because the only Cabo resort that I didn't love (due to location) was Hacienda Encantada. I just like being closer to town. We have also stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Grand Solmar, Villa del Palmar, and my personal favorite, Club Cascadas. I would return to any of them.

I love this. We really like Club Cascadas (it's an older resort, but really nice and in a fantastic location) and wouldn't hesitate to book there, but we'd love to try Vista Encantada Spa Resort & Residences (VTE code in II). It's further out of town than what we usually like, but it looks like a VERY nice resort. We've been going to Cabo for many years and are quite content with our home base at Grand Solmar.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My sister recently did a week at the new Hard Rock in Cabo. We drove out to see it. Nice location in the dunes on the Pacific side by the light house. They did the AI and did not enjoy much of anything about their trip. Probably because the resort is new and the bugs are not worked out with new staff and procedures.

Bill

BostonKingB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE! Looking for a good trader to purchase.
I've stayed at Grand Solmar at Lands End. It was pretty damned impressive, felt very new.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I've stayed at Grand Solmar at Lands End. It was pretty damned impressive, felt very new.
A lot of availability in interval. Did you exchange? Get an ocean view? Worth going?
TUG Fam,

- Ligy
Check the sighting page. If you have interval see the above post regarding that resort. A lot of availability form May through Jan in interval for exchange

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am looking forward to trying the new HGVC Cabo slated to open this year. It is located in the Hilton Cabo on a nice beach.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have stay many times at FAVC, in my opinion is one of the most beautiful in Cabo, must of their buildings are on a mountain beside the sea. There are nice views and pools. But in the downside the resort doesn’t has a good beach and this year they start with the all inclusive mandatory.
I also have stayed many times in the past 5 years at Fiesta Americana-Los Cabo. It is a beautiful resort. This will be the first year that we will not be staying there because of the AI mandatory requirement. We were exchanging in via HGVC. Is there also a mandatory AI requirement for those in the FAVC system?