• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Branson resort?

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
I,m considering a trade to Branson summer 2006. I can see availability at Horizons by Marriott and Sunterra's Plantation at Fall Creek. We aren't very interested in being on the strip. We are more interested in relaxing, boating, fishing and enjoying the scenery. Even though it will be a more expensive trade with II, Sunterra looks interesting because we can have our boat at or near the resort on Lake Taneycomo. Or would it be better to dock it at Table Rock and drive back and forth? Of these two... which do you recommend?
Thank you!
Toni

tjk2134

TUG Member
Reaction score
we have stayed (without a boat) a few times at Sunterra, fairfield and horizons, Inside the rooms, they are all 5 stars. Sunterra and fairfield resorts are huge (lots of people) compared to Horizons. they only have 2 buildings for occupancy. the grounds, pools, club house and staff at Horizons is what made us BUY there and not elsewhere.
there is plenty of boat parking at horizons and fairfield, I am not sure about sunterra.

enjoy

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Taneycomo is a 50-degree trout fishing lake/river. It takes the water from the bottom of Table Rock and the trout is stock at the hatchery at the base of the Table Rock dam.

Table Rock is a real lake. Lake temp in August is close to 90 degrees.