• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where would you like to see a new Wyndham resort?

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
When we want to vacation for a full week in one place, it's been relatively easy for us to either reserve through Wyndham or exchange through RCI. But for our increasingly frequent, short getaways, we're more limited to the Wyndham resorts. We love them but we're thinking of adding points in another system, if it would include nightly reservation access to these two areas:

Hilton Head Island, SC - beachfront or walk to beach

Bradenton Beach, FL, or other SW FL Gulf coast, below Tampa - beachfront or walk to beach

Coming from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we especially enjoy visiting these two coastal areas for a change of scenery. These destinations both offer pretty, natural landscapes and parks for bicycling, excellent beaches, access to sailing and/or fishing rentals nearby, and they're less honky-tonk urban than the currently available, southeastern, coastal Wyndham locations. HHI is only 5-6 hrs drive from our home and Allegiant Air has cheap, direct flights from many eastern US places (including Asheville near us) to Clearwater/St. Pete (PIE).

:wave: What about you? Where would YOU love to see Wyndham add a few timeshares? :cheer:

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miami, Santa Monica, Toronto, Mexico, Caribbean islands, Boston

I will add to the question. Where do you think Wyndham will build their next resorts?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miami, Santa Monica, Toronto, Mexico, Caribbean islands, Boston

I will add to the question. Where do you think Wyndham will build their next resorts?

Santa Monica would be great!

Alaska.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a Wyndham somewhere on the lower Gulf coast of Florida below Tampa Bay. There are a number of good locations -- and probably some existing resorts they could buy -- but my favorites would be Sarasota, Naples, or Marco Island.

I'd also like to see Boston and/or Cape Cod.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, St. Croix or St. John, and Dallas/Houston.

Resorts not hotels

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to see:

Biloxi, MS
Gulf Shores, AL
Boston, MA
Philadelphia, PA
Alaska

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cynthia, except I would add Niagara Falls NY or Niagara Falls Canada to the list.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course, for Wyndham the relevant question is NOT "Where would you like to see a Wyndham resort?"

The relevant question for them is "Where would you BUY?"

Aren't they essentially the same thing?

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
nope - I won't BUY anywhere, but would like to use my existing points in some new locations !

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
nope - I won't BUY anywhere, but would like to use my existing points in some new locations !

I mean that the addition of some properties will increase sales by either capturing buyers who are directly interested in purchasing at the new site, or who are looking at buying at another site or CWA, and for whom this new addition tips the scale toward buying.

From the developer's perspective, if you build it in a place they want, they will come, and they will buy.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I can't imagine any place that would make me want to buy retail. They have a lot of nice locations. If they built a glacier canyon type water park that include passes in Williamsburg or DC or anywhere else within a 5 hr drive of the Baltimore/Washington area, I would probably spring for enough points for a few mini weeks.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine any place that would make me want to buy retail. They have a lot of nice locations. If they built a glacier canyon type water park that include passes in Williamsburg or DC or anywhere else within a 5 hr drive of the Baltimore/Washington area, I would probably spring for enough points for a few mini weeks.

You are not their target customer for sales. Even you have to admit that....

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

retail or resale?

Niagara falls, ny is never going to built. Niagara falls, Ont would be great with an indoor waterpark but is not a week long annual destination for most. Hotels are very affordable.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Of course, for Wyndham the relevant question is NOT "Where would you like to see a Wyndham resort?"

The relevant question for me is "where will someone else buy," so that I can use my existing points there.

I would like to see a resort between Lahaina and Kapalua, Maui on the ocean. Outrigger is the closest now, but it is either a hotel type, or not on the ocean.

Jim

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Santa Monica would be great!

Alaska.

Oh, also, their Oceanside Pier Resort has been very popular. I would love to see another fine resort in North San Diego County, like Carlsbad, or even more laid-back Leucadia or Solana Beach.

Also Laguna Beach would be a primo location for a high end WVO resort, though I would imagine the maintenance fees would approach those at FSA down in Carlsbad. An all-CWA resort there might dilute operating costs enough that members don't significantly feel the added expense.

California Coast is under-served by Wyndham Resorts imo. Worldmark's SoCal locations all shadow a Wyndham location at or near the same place, so Club Pass for the full-fare buyers doesn't really expand their geographic options. There are a couple NoCal Worldmark resorts that do expand options using Club Pass. Shell is still a Wyndham step-child, so one can't depend on reliably finding Shell locations with Wyndham points.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The relevant question for me is "where will someone else buy," so that I can use my existing points there.

I believe this to be the relevant question for every CWP owner on TUG.

Are there any potential California locations that would pique your interest?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
West Maui would be great.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

With Club Wyndham Access, this is no longer relevant. Wyndham can build or acquire anywhere land or bankrupt resorts are cheap -- how about a nice urban location such as Detroit? The points get folded into CWA and are sold as ARP to prime locations such as Bonnett Creek. An entire resort in Detroit could be sold without ever mentioning Detroit.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Club Wyndham Access, this is no longer relevant. Wyndham can build or acquire anywhere land or bankrupt resorts are cheap -- how about a nice urban location such as Detroit? The points get folded into CWA and are sold as ARP to prime locations such as Bonnett Creek. An entire resort in Detroit could be sold without ever mentioning Detroit.

Could, but I don't think Wyndham wants to operate this way. Wyndham people I have talked to (that aren't in the sales gig) are sensitive to the Wyndham brand representing attractive locations and amenities. Growing the CWA member base means adding new POPULAR destinations to the portfolio. There are already enough dog weeks in CWA, and Wyndham is departing from WAAM for the very reason that they want control over brand and attractiveness of any new resorts.

That said, I don't know how much their desire to grow the CWA brand is at odds with growing the MV brand.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could, but I don't think Wyndham wants to operate this way. Wyndham people I have talked to (that aren't in the sales gig) are sensitive to the Wyndham brand representing attractive locations and amenities. Growing the CWA member base means adding new POPULAR destinations to the portfolio. There are already enough dog weeks in CWA, and Wyndham is departing from WAAM for the very reason that they want control over brand and attractiveness of any new resorts.

That said, I don't know how much their desire to grow the CWA brand is at odds with growing the MV brand.
How popular is Deserted Blue proving to be? It is a nice, high-point resort in a "Detroit" part of Las Vegas. Is Wyndham selling Deserted Blue as a destination, or have the points been rolled into CWA, because there is no other way to sell this dog?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham needs places that move the needle and sales offices where there are tourists and people willing to by. Also places where people are interested in freebies.