• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where will you travel AFTER this is over?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Trying to create some positive energy, and think about something good, rather than dwelling on the news events currently happening. With that in mind:

Presuming you've had or will have to change or cancel your plans due to Covid-19, I'm wondering where you'll want to go after this is over? Will you try and resurrect your cancelled plans, or go someplace new, or ? My guess is everything travel-related is going to be inundated with travelers, so it may be difficult to make that perfect match. Will you stay at your timeshare's home resort, or try to exchange out to someplace else? Will you take a cruise? Will you fly or drive there? Will you do anything differently than you have in past trips?

We still have a major Hawaii trip planned for late August, which i'm hoping we can still do. Failing that, we're looking at New York City, Key West and the Caribbean, or maybe someplace totally new. Zuatenejo, Mexico, has been on my list for a long time. Maybe it'll be time to finally book that trip.

How about you? What do you envision as your Post-Covid-19 travels? Think of it as your "anti-virus" vacation. :D

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Trying to create some positive energy, and think about something good, rather than dwelling on the news events currently happening. With that in mind:

Presuming you've had or will have to change or cancel your plans due to Covid-19, I'm wondering where you'll want to go after this is over? Will you try and resurrect your cancelled plans, or go someplace new, or ? My guess is everything travel-related is going to be inundated with travelers, so it may be difficult to make that perfect match. Will you stay at your timeshare's home resort, or try to exchange out to someplace else? Will you take a cruise? Will you fly or drive there? Will you do anything differently than you have in past trips?

We still have a major Hawaii trip planned for late August, which i'm hoping we can still do. Failing that, we're looking at New York City, Key West and the Caribbean, or maybe someplace totally new. Zuatenejo, Mexico, has been on my list for a long time. Maybe it'll be time to finally book that trip.

How about you? What do you envision as your Post-Covid-19 travels? Think of it as your "anti-virus" vacation. :D

Dave
My first trip will be to visit family and friends in NY and NJ. The timeshares can wait.

I have Key west in November and Marco Island in December planned. Will really enjoy going. It will have new meaning not to take for granted.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to Palm Desert, CA. It is our happy place. We now have 2 trips planned for September, Newport Coast CA and Southern Utah, which will most likely be cancelled as I doubt we will be out of the coronavirus epidemic. We are looking at Thanksgiving in Palm Desert. If that does not happen, then hopefully Palm Desert in Jan/Feb 2021. We just like drive-to locations.

Ah... and definitely a long overdue trip to see my son in California.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
For 2020 we had no travel plans other than our drive to timeshares. I doubt we will travel anywhere even in 2021. I have had Italy on the list as well as South Dakota for the national and state parks. Don't know if we will ever go to either of them. I feel like I can't even think about traveling right now. I wanted to immerse myself into what our new state has to offer. Sigh....

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I may try to resurrect my Fiji travel. I am scheduled to go to Fiji on a Tradewinds cruise in May. I got an email that they have canceled trips through June and Air Fiji sent us an email that our flight is canceled and may be rescheduled. As of now, no one is offering refunds so I assume we will need to reschedule within the next year. I have not yet called to get more information since I assume they are busy answering questions about March and April trips. Frankly, I am so down right now that I do not feel like going anywhere when and if this ends. I feel dejected and demotivated and would be happy never to travel again.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’m supposed to go to Italy early June lol. Ummm yeah. Hopefully my Belgium/Copenhagen trip in late July isn’t cancelled. Just booked Bahamas Labor Day week

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, we haven't scrubbed all upcoming plans, but JUST BETWEEN US, I think those will not happen. Bottom line, it will be a case-by-case deal. We'll go where it's safe and enough people are immunized (naturally, or by vaccine) to be able to enjoy ourselves. It might be to someplace where distance between people is not a big deal, maybe a Nat'l Park. Yellowstone/Grand Teton, anyone?

I make no secret that I love Mexico. My first trip after 9/11 was to Guadalajara. We were welcomed warmly because there were almost no tourists. We went to Thailand shortly after their currency crash. We went to Hong Kong as SARS was winding down and saved HUGE money! So I suppose that this will open back up as a patchwork. Likely, North America will be safest first. Or maybe Japan if they mobilize for the Olympics. But rest assured, Ol' Jim isn't making any reservations.

Jim

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I may try to resurrect my Fiji travel. I am scheduled to go to Fiji on a Tradewinds cruise in May. I got an email that they have canceled trips through June and Air Fiji sent us an email that our flight is canceled and may be rescheduled. As of now, no one is offering refunds so I assume we will need to reschedule within the next year. I have not yet called to get more information since I assume they are busy answering questions about March and April trips. Frankly, I am so down right now that I do not feel like going anywhere when and if this ends. I feel dejected and demotivated and would be happy never to travel again.
I wish there was a hug button versus the like.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We have a trip to Switzerland planned for September. It’s a trip around the whole country by train with one-and two-day hotel stays in various towns/cities. We were adding a few days in Italy at the end of that trip but may have to rethink that part.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We will be cancelling our upcoming trip to Seattle and have no plans to re-schedule that. We still have a trip planned to Newport, RI and then NYC at the beginning of October. Sure hoping things are somewhat back to normal by then and that trip can be taken. Aren't planning anything else except our yearly trip to Maui in March. Still waiting on trades for that. And dd and I have a river cruise planned for May 2021. Thank goodness we didn't plan it for May 2020!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We have trips to Bend, OR and the Utah National Parks coming up this summer, but I'm anticipating those will likely be canceled. The next scheduled trip is one to Palm Desert in December. That one might actually come to pass. It's our annual post-harvest getaway, and something we always look forward to after the exhausting 70-hour work weeks we have to bring the crop in each year. Beyond that, I'm hoping we can take our grandsons to Disneyland in 2021. They will be 4 and 2, and Disneyland will truly be magical for their fresh eyes to see for the first time.

By the way, we took friends with us for a 10-day trip to Scottsdale and Sedona, using our week at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe for the majority of the stay. We had such a great time, attending a Giants spring training game, visiting the outstanding Museum Of The West and the Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin West home, and then goofing off hiking the trails in the Red Rocks of Sedona. We returned on March 5, just as the virus scare was beginning to snowball but before domestic travel restrictions and major airline cancellations were taking effect. We will always remember that trip not only for the great fun and relaxation we enjoyed, but also for something else we now treasure--the ability to travel freely and without fear of getting sick just because we happen to sit in an airline seat or touch a countertop or sleep in a hotel bed. The presence of the virus has given me a new appreciation of all those things I took for granted, but won't ever take for granted again.

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Most of our trips are in driving distance. We are going to San Diego early May. Scottsdale at end of May. Palm Desert at end of July and Tahoe mid Oct. Also looks like we will be spending Thanksgiving in Palm Desert as well. I’m sure we will be going to San Diego a couple more times as well.
We did push out our Hawaii trip to 2022 but it may be switched to 2021. I am waiting for the window to open for Spring Break so we can go to Scottsdale. We like visiting family whenever we can.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still holding out for a trip to Hilton Head in five weeks. But it’s looking less and less likely. We will then try to trade it for a road trip in maybe late July, possibly to Colorado. I also had to cancel a couple air trips which thankfully can be rebooked. Looking at CT to visit DH’s parents in October.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

I definitely understand. I would feel the same (and kind of do now anyway). And I have a friend who feels the same as I am sure so many others do. She and her husband never go anywhere (they have a severly autistic son so it has been hard) except their drive to timeshares and this year for their 25th wedding anniversary they planned to go to St. Augustine and Disney - a 2 week vacation by car. Thankfully, they are getting a refund but they had to pay for their dogs boarding. She put so much into planning and now she says she will never go anywhere agin except their home resorts. Understandably very bummed.

Time will heal all wounds and you will hopefully be able to plan a future vacation at some point.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this, especially since I have credits with Disney Cruise Line and Jet Blue I need to use up.

I'm thinking by August, hopefully travel will be safe. Maybe an Alaskan cruise? not that I want to use DCL for that, but financially it may make sense.
I already have Ocean Club Aruba booked for Thanksgiving week.

I need to figure out xmas/nye.

I also want to try Branson this June. But, I'm still a bit gun shy on pulling that trigger for now.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have two weeks in Orlando and West Palm Beach planned for May which may not happen. It all depends how things are at that point. We also have a cruise out of the UK planned for August that will likely be cancelled. Since we will have a bunch of air credit to probably use up, we will try to travel somewhere close but still by air. Perhaps Bahamas (Harborside) or Cancun.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I'm so thankful we got in one trip to Maui already this year before all the crazy happened. I am still holding on for Aruba in June but that's probably going to be too soon. I think staying close to home sounds good, maybe Tahoe, Newport, Palm Desert. I'd like to try and make a difference in helping the local businesses get going again. Stretch goal will be another trip to Hawaii before end of the year. Before all this happened, the lineup for 2020 was Maui, Cabo, Aruba, Costa Rica, New York. Might try the same for 2021 instead.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We still have reservations for late April (National Harbor), early May (NYC) and late May that I’m virtually certain will be canceled. The first two are within driving distance so easily canceled, the late may trip has flights booked to head to Bonnet Creek for our wedding anniversary.

We also have a trip to Myrtle Beach for our entire family planned for mid-late August, and a couples trip to Clearwater planned for end of October at present. We hope to be able to keep both of these trips, and to still be able to afford to go given job uncertainties looking ahead.

I’m also going to book reservations at either St. Thomas or Rio Mar for early next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
We canceled our St. Thomas week for April that I was really looking forward to.

We have our owned week booked in Aruba in July with my entire family and I’m really still hoping we can go. My mom is getting older and she and my stepdad were coming with us. I fear she won’t be able to travel much in the future and this was going to be our big family trip.

I have a trade to Barony in HHI in August I hope to be able to go to. I was able to work a retrade of the STT for April to Marriott Ko Olina for Feb break 2021 but who knows if that will pan out. I felt lucky to get it.

I will definitely be traveling the question is how soon can I go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Dave

Our next big trip is to Disneyworld in late October for the Food & Wine Festival. We have 3 or 4 short trips in May and August that we probably wouldn’t reschedule if we have to cancel them. Depending on how this goes, our next big decision could be how many points to move to next year. We’ll have to make that decision at the end of June.

Harry

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before and after retirement we have been going locally for some years now. A week a month for the time April to October and hunker down for the winter.

We have branched out somewhat with visits to Spain for late Oct-Nov and a month in Florida in February lately. So for us , it is what do we need to cancel on a rolling basis going forward. In the vulnerable group due to age and conditions, cancelling the April reservation will happen shortly and the rest as for circumstances.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are people accepting credit? My parents had a trip today but decided not to go before. Air Canada have then a credit but give it a few weeks when it is easy to call and I will request a cash refund. I myself booked with miles for May and September so al sol for a cash refund.