• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to stay in Branson? Vote

mattman27

Reaction score
Will there be lake access this summer and what will it be like? Also, since you seem to be the Branson expert, which week would be better June 3-10 or June 17-24. I know it is almost impossible to evaluate weather except for the normals. But, will there be a substantial difference in crowds etc...

Thanks again for all of the info. I think we are pretty much sold on Stormy Point. (I know my wife certainly is)

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I would do the later week. The lake will be more enjoyable if it is warmer. Kidsfest will be on at Silver Dollar City. SDC is also a place you can get wet a lot, so it's better when it's warmer.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
JLB said:
You don't want to know what it looks like now! ;)

But to descrinbe what it will look like, there is a big lighthouse, white I believe, then the clubhouse, white I believe, then the pool, white and blue I believe.

The houses themselves are done in all kinds of fanciful colors. Very nice. I have been told that the interiors are far superior to the cookie-cutter interiors of other Branson, except for BCWC.

From the way this has worked out--you can get a 3-bedroom, there will be lake access, etc.--Stormy Point would be our choice. I'd do it just for the variety, because you will be getting plenty of the other kinds of resorts over the years.

We'll keep the swimdeck open for you and yours.

Your post above in regards to stlyle is what I tryed put into words when I first bought up Stormy Point. I think you agree that when you visited us at the Marriott we both agreed that the Marriott was very nicely done.

But the interroir of Stormy Point is IMHO more elaborate and has far more detailing like beadboard walls, ect then almost any other timeshare I have seen. I would call the style new-old fashioned Cape Cod.

I am looking foward to staying at Stormy Point Village next Nov and the Christmas Shows as much I am at staying at the Marriot Grand for the first time and at Cliffs Peace Canyon in Vegas next week.

The only timeshare I am looking to be impressed a little bit more is the Big Cedar Cabin we have reserved for the week of Nov 10, 2006 and hopeing to see Jenny and her :wave: huby for a bit.

Bruce :D

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
mattman27 said:
BUT the crowds. That is the big worry. We very much dislike crowds especially at hot amusement parks.

I bet there won't be a noticable difference in the crowds between those two weeks. If I were forced to choose which would be the least crowded, I'd think it would be the earlier week as families seem to save summer vacation more towards July and August. At least the people we know that take vacations in the summer seem to be heading out in mass about then.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Would that be your Catholic friends? :D

dougp26364 said:
At least the people we know that take vacations in the summer seem to be heading out in mass about then.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
brucecz said:
Your post above in regards to stlyle is what I tryed put into words when I first bought up Stormy Point. I think you agree that when you visited us at the Marriott we both agreed that the Marriott was very nicely done.

Bruce, you have "bought up" Story Point too?
Isn't Christmas Mountain enough?

mattman27

Reaction score
Well it is going to be Stormy Point. I can't pass up trading a 1BR for a 3BR and checkin out Stormy POINT. It will be done today and I'll let you all know how it goes.

mattman27

Reaction score
Well it is DONE. I had to weigh the options of a 2 BR the 3-10 June and a 3BR the 17-24 and the 3 BR and warmer water in the lake beat out the possibly heinous crowds later in June. Let's hope many of the kids are still in school in New England etc...

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
A TUGger was here today for a quickie visit and I took him on a tour of Table Rock Lake timeshares, starting with Big Cedar and going counter-clockwise.

I'm sorry to say that you will probably be dissappointed in the Stormy Point swimming pool. It is just enough pool to say they have one. It is maybe 30 feet long if that, and 5-feet deep in the deep end. The sign does say that it is a beach entry pool.

The door was open to the south room in the clubhouse, and there is an indoor pool in there.

mattman27 said:
Well it is DONE. I had to weigh the options of a 2 BR the 3-10 June and a 3BR the 17-24 and the 3 BR and warmer water in the lake beat out the possibly heinous crowds later in June. Let's hope many of the kids are still in school in New England etc...

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Yea but to kids, a pool, any pool, is usually a good thing. They never seem to mind if it's a little smaller than another resort. Plus, they'll have their own rooms with beds rather than sleeping on a fold out couch and that might count for something. ;)

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
You got me on one of my typos. I meant bRought.

But the good news is seeing you bRought up CMV, that for the CMV Villa ownership we won on ebay later last week, the reseller has reserved week 28 in Villa 17 in our :whoopie: names for us.

As of Tuesday we now have a emailed copy of our reservation in our hands so, I am not worried about how long it takes for Bluegreen to do the transfer off ownership.

Bruce ;)
rapmarks said:
brucecz said:

Bruce, you have "bought up" Story Point too?
Isn't Christmas Mountain enough?