• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@CPNY be sure to check your reservations and see what the max occupancy is on all of them. We checked in to Vistana Resort today and they stated that our room booked was a max occupancy of six. Meaning the only phases we could be placed in could be Courts or Falls (we took Falls). I am not sure how much flexibility they have if you have some max 8 and some max 6 confirmations in being able to keep you in the same villa the whole stay.
I just checked, All the confirmations have max 8! I checked the room layout when I booked to make sure the sleeping config were all the same. Hoping I can be in fountains 1. I’m at SVV now on a VSN Escape, back in my favorite Amelia room. Something about being on the top floor (not hearing anyone above me) and that relaxing fountain right off the balcony is very calming!

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@CPNY be sure to check your reservations and see what the max occupancy is on all of them. We checked in to Vistana Resort today and they stated that our room booked was a max occupancy of six. Meaning the only phases we could be placed in could be Courts or Falls (we took Falls). I am not sure how much flexibility they have if you have some max 8 and some max 6 confirmations in being able to keep you in the same villa the whole stay.
I should probably come check out the resort before I head to the airport tomorrow. I’ll tell security I’m coming to meet destination timeshare to do a feature story on the Sheraton vistana resort! Lol

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Any pics off the balcony at the fountains near security? It looks like it overlooks a large lake
No pictures, but it did overlook a large lake. Big fountain, but they turn it off earlier than I remembered and don't turn it on real early. I assume some people didn't enjoy the sound when trying to sleep, though I always enjoyed it.

Sheila

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I booked a few getaways for SVR. I know once a getaway is booked it’s booked. I’m wondering if interval would allow a resort change that would result in more money for them. Anyone have any experience on “upgrading” a getaway to a more expensive resort weeks after booking a getaway? It’s a long shot I know

edit: all getaways final, doesn’t matter if you want to pay more for a different hotel. Guess I’m stuck at SVR..... what a dump.... jk I’m sure it will be fine.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I booked a few getaways for SVR. I know once a getaway is booked it’s booked. I’m wondering if interval would allow a resort change that would result in more money for them. Anyone have any experience on “upgrading” a getaway to a more expensive resort weeks after booking a getaway? It’s a long shot I know

edit: all getaways final, doesn’t matter if you want to pay more for a different hotel. Guess I’m stuck at SVR..... what a dump.... jk I’m sure it will be fine.
LOL, it will be fine. We are at SVV Amelia right now after our stay last week in SVR Falls. Yes, our current villa at SVV is renovated, but there is something to say about the nine different phases at SVR that make each of them unique and special in their own way.

One time years ago, II did allow me to "upgrade" a getaway. I think it was to Ocean Pointe. We had booked a studio and a couple months later a 1BR showed up. I think it was $100 more or something like that. They let us upgrade for what was the cost of an exchange fee. I don't know how or why they did it, but we were pleased.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
LOL, it will be fine. We are at SVV Amelia right now after our stay last week in SVR Falls. Yes, our current villa at SVV is renovated, but there is something to say about the nine different phases at SVR that make each of them unique and special in their own way.

One time years ago, II did allow me to "upgrade" a getaway. I think it was to Ocean Pointe. We had booked a studio and a couple months later a 1BR showed up. I think it was $100 more or something like that. They let us upgrade for what was the cost of an exchange fee. I don't know how or why they did it, but we were pleased.

I know it will be fine. Of course when I booked the getaways, SVV was 795 vs 407 at SVR. Two weeks later SVV dropped to 477 (I should have known better than to book so quickly)

all will be ok if my request for fountains buildings by the security gate is granted.

They should sell eplus on getaways! Maybe half price which would allow you to re trade and pay a difference.