• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort

Myrddin12

Reaction score
Hi.

A last minute decision to get away for Thanksgiving (my in-laws live with us and my MIL passed away this summer and my FIL is dreading the first holiday so found cheap air and decided to go away for it). We usually stay at SVV and love it, but looks like they don't have anything available for the days we want, so we will likely go to SV Resort instead. Any recommendations for which building for a 2BR? Thanks.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My favorite section is the Lakes. It's in a quiet area, and has elevators. Cascades also had elevators, but that area is too busy for me.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
All of the sections have 2BR villas. Important to note that the north side (Lakes and Fountains) is currently closed. On the south side, only Cascades has elevators. All other phases have either two or three story buildings with no elevator. We were there a couple weeks ago and I found the Falls and Palms phases to be the most peaceful. Springs was nice but their pool was closed. Courts is a little drab in my opinion but I also liked Spa. Where they put you may also depend on the day you checkin. Spa only checks in on Friday, Falls on Sunday and Courts on Saturday. Cascades, Springs and Palms checkin on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Not sure how they handle SO reservations that checkin a different day. They seem to be really pushing most bookings into Cascades unless you specifically request a different section.

We found Vistana Resort to be quite lovely. I enjoyed walking throughout the different phases. It truly is a very unique property and much different than Vistana Villages. I did a walking tour of the resort if you are interested in seeing it.

Myrddin12

Reaction score
All of the sections have 2BR villas. Important to note that the north side (Lakes and Fountains) is currently closed. On the south side, only Cascades has elevators. All other phases have either two or three story buildings with no elevator. We were there a couple weeks ago and I found the Falls and Palms phases to be the most peaceful. Springs was nice but their pool was closed. Courts is a little drab in my opinion but I also liked Spa. Where they put you may also depend on the day you checkin. Spa only checks in on Friday, Falls on Sunday and Courts on Saturday. Cascades, Springs and Palms checkin on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Not sure how they handle SO reservations that checkin a different day. They seem to be really pushing most bookings into Cascades unless you specifically request a different section.

We found Vistana Resort to be quite lovely. I enjoyed walking throughout the different phases. It truly is a very unique property and much different than Vistana Villages. I did a walking tour of the resort if you are interested in seeing it.
Thanks for the feedback. We have flex rather than SO, so it's one of our home resorts anyway. I will see what they have available then when we go. I am going to check out your link now. Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Quiet and elevator is good, especially for my FIL. Thank you!
With Cascades the only open phase with elevators, you won't have a lot of choices if you want to ensure an elevator. I would also say that Cascades is anything but quiet. Your other option would be to ask for a ground floor in any of the other south side phases.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We were in Cascades a few years ago. Had a room that backed up to 535. It wasn't bad in the room, but when you went out on the walkway to the elevator, the traffic noise was AWFUL! Cascades was the last phase built, and they crammed as many units as they could into their remaining vacant land. The older phases are mostly 2 story, and being built in the 80's when they had all that vacant land, the rooms tend to be bigger, and in a quieter location.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Our preference has always been the lakes and fountains. It’s a shame to hear they are closed, but I guess that makes the most sense if capacity and demand for the resort is lower as they aren’t part of the “main” section.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We were in Cascades a few years ago. Had a room that backed up to 535. It wasn't bad in the room, but when you went out on the walkway to the elevator, the traffic noise was AWFUL! Cascades was the last phase built, and they crammed as many units as they could into their remaining vacant land. The older phases are mostly 2 story, and being built in the 80's when they had all that vacant land, the rooms tend to be bigger, and in a quieter location.
I would agree. THough I have read some reviews where some of the Lakes buildings back up to I4. I would ask for any phase except Cascades.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I would agree. THough I have read some reviews where some of the Lakes buildings back up to I4. I would ask for any phase except Cascades.
I agree. Too crowded. The best thing about Cascades was being close to General Store if you just had to have something quickly without getting in your car.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Sheraton Vistana Resort has always been great with requests for us. When we had my parents traveling with us we requested ground floor or a building with an elevator and we received that request because my parents cannot climb steps. Our trip the end of September it was just me and my husband and I told them we can do stairs and to save ground floor or elevator units for someone that needs it. They assigned us a second floor unit in the Spa section and it was wonderful. We have stayed twice in the Courts section and were fortunate to get the two-story 2 bedroom with a loft (which made it feel like a three bedroom).

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I'm quite sure they could accommodate you in a ground floor unit in one of the older two story sections. Never fear, the construction there is such that you won't hear footsteps from the 2nd floor. I hate the stick built places up north where you can hear noise from every neighbor.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Looking at booking multiple getaways in December and SVR is 340 dollars less than SVV. considering I need 3 two bedroom units, I’ll be booking SVR (unless I hold out and hope for more AC’s to be released with December usage). I hope to get a quiet section with that is updated. As someone who never uses the elevator, I welcome a unit on the top floor in a non elevator building. Any recommendations on which to request would be appreciated.

I also noticed on the vistana site, some of the phases have twin beds listed in the second bedroom. On II it lists full size beds. Would this affect which phase I would be placed in? I want to make sure I can be kept in the same room if combining a getaway with a SO reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking at booking multiple getaways in December and SVR is 340 dollars less than SVV. considering I need 3 two bedroom units, I’ll be booking SVR (unless I hold out and hope for more AC’s to be released with December usage). I hope to get a quiet section with that is updated. As someone who never uses the elevator, I welcome a unit on the top floor in a non elevator building. Any recommendations on which to request would be appreciated.

I also noticed on the vistana site, some of the phases have twin beds listed in the second bedroom. On II it lists full size beds. Would this affect which phase I would be placed in? I want to make sure I can be kept in the same room if combining a getaway with a SO reservation.
From what I know, the north side phases (Lakes and Fountains) have the newest remodel. Lakes has elevators and Fountains do not. Fountains are only two story and the top floor villas have skylights to bring in extra light. Lakes may also have top floor skylights and are all four story buildings. Most buildings will be quiet unless they overlook a pool, but there aren't very many of those. It may or may not be important, but Fountains villas only have a ceiling fan in the living room where Lakes also has them in the master bedroom. Some people like to have the fan on at night, so keep that in mind it if matters to you.

I did do a villa tour of the renovated 2BR Fountains villa and also have one of a renovated 1BR Lakes villa if you want to take a look. There will be one of a 2BR in Lakes sometime in the future...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
From what I know, the north side phases (Lakes and Fountains) have the newest remodel. Lakes has elevators and Fountains do not. Fountains are only two story and the top floor villas have skylights to bring in extra light. Lakes may also have top floor skylights and are all four story buildings. Most buildings will be quiet unless they overlook a pool, but there aren't very many of those. It may or may not be important, but Fountains villas only have a ceiling fan in the living room where Lakes also has them in the master bedroom. Some people like to have the fan on at night, so keep that in mind it if matters to you.

I did do a villa tour of the renovated 2BR Fountains villa and also have one of a renovated 1BR Lakes villa if you want to take a look. There will be one of a 2BR in Lakes sometime in the future...
Thank you! I watched your walk around tour and the cascades room tour. I was interested in the fountains villas so I will check both of these out.

I absolutely do not want to be up against a pool. I’d also like if I didn’t have to look across a small lake to another balcony but I guess I cannot be that picky! I wish SVV getaway was 407 for the week I was looking at. It’s much more expensive at 747 per room.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you! I watched your walk around tour and the cascades room tour. I was interested in the fountains villas so I will check both of these out.

I absolutely do not want to be up against a pool. I’d also like if I didn’t have to look across a small lake to another balcony but I guess I cannot be that picky! I wish SVV getaway was 407 for the week I was looking at. It’s much more expensive at 747 per room.
There aren't many villas that don't look out across a lake at other buildings. Except those that look out to a hill up against I4. Some of the Cascades buildings will have more varied views, but I would mostly suggest avoiding Cascades. It is more your Orlando timeshare type buildings. I much prefer any of the other sections of Vistana Resort. Some sections will have very specific checkin days for week long stays. The resort map details checkin days for each phase. We stayed in building 8 in Lakes and it had a nice view of a lake without any buildings across from it, though it did have a little road noise from I4. Some of the Palms phase buildings (7-12) won't have direct views into another building, but they may have some noise through the front door from Apopka Vineland (535). There is no perfection location. Any building that is three stories also has exits off the patio to the courtyard/lake areas. Can be handy when heading to the grills.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
There aren't many villas that don't look out across a lake at other buildings. Except those that look out to a hill up against I4. Some of the Cascades buildings will have more varied views, but I would mostly suggest avoiding Cascades. It is more your Orlando timeshare type buildings. I much prefer any of the other sections of Vistana Resort. Some sections will have very specific checkin days for week long stays. The resort map details checkin days for each phase. We stayed in building 8 in Lakes and it had a nice view of a lake without any buildings across from it, though it did have a little road noise from I4. Some of the Palms phase buildings (7-12) won't have direct views into another building, but they may have some noise through the front door from Apopka Vineland (535). There is no perfection location. Any building that is three stories also has exits off the patio to the courtyard/lake areas. Can be handy when heading to the grills.
The resort map will help. I like the idea of a skylight if i get the top floor in the fountains. At 407 for the getaway it may be worth booking the rooms now. It’s only 140 more than if I was able to luck out with 2 AC’s. Now the real question, Do I book two extra nights using SO or buy two more short stays at 320 each? SO would be around 51K for two rooms for the additional 2 nights

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@dioxide45 I just purchased 2X back to back getaways (week and short stay) for a total of 10 nights at SVR. The unit is listed as 1780 for 2 confirmations that run consecutively. Does that increase my chances for being in the same unit?
I have another set of consecutive reservations that do not have the same unit number. (I’m sure this all means jack).

I made sure to book same room type at SVR that is coded VIT. Is there is a difference between VIT and VIO? Not sure if any of that makes a difference, but I thought it would be wise to book the reservations in the same II Code since I’m trying to keep all of the units together.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

We are Fountains owners but one year when we exchanged in, they put us WAY too close to I-4. Our most recent Fountains stay was right after the guard entry shack and to the left. Extremely quiet back there. I would expect it would be easy to get an upstairs unit. I'm sure many people, including us, ask for the bottom floor.

We stayed in Cascades while the Fountains area was closed. I was disappointed. I expected the Cascades to be much nicer. I prefer the Fountains.

Sheila

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Just to update that the North side has reopened. Posts on another forum from someone staying there now. So Fountains and Lakes should be available options.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We are Fountains owners but one year when we exchanged in, they put us WAY too close to I-4. Our most recent Fountains stay was right after the guard entry shack and to the left. Extremely quiet back there. I would expect it would be easy to get an upstairs unit. I'm sure many people, including us, ask for the bottom floor.

We stayed in Cascades while the Fountains area was closed. I was disappointed. I expected the Cascades to be much nicer. I prefer the Fountains.

Sheila
Any pics off the balcony at the fountains near security? It looks like it overlooks a large lake

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Any pics off the balcony at the fountains near security? It looks like it overlooks a large lake
No specific photos, I have a video walking tour of the Fountains and Lakes section which starts out at the security gate which may show some of how the buildings are situated. Most of the Fountains villas would overlook a lake of some kind. Looking at the resort map, the Fountains buildings to avoid will be 44, 45, 49, 50, and 53 through 55. Those will look into the hill that was built up to hide I4 from the villa balconies.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
No specific photos, I have a video walking tour of the Fountains and Lakes section which starts out at the security gate which may show some of how the buildings are situated. Most of the Fountains villas would overlook a lake of some kind. Looking at the resort map, the Fountains buildings to avoid will be 44, 45, 49, 50, and 53 through 55. Those will look into the hill that was built up to hide I4 from the villa balconies.
I’ve already saw to avoid that. I was thinking building 9 or 17 would be great. I’ll check out the video you posted so see the buildings near the security gate. I believe that’s building 17

perfect! The beginning of the video shows the buildings I was looking at requesting! Thank you! Now I just hope they will grant me the request considering I purchased getaways on interval.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I’ve already saw to avoid that. I was thinking building 9 or 17 would be great. I’ll check out the video you posted so see the buildings near the security gate. I believe that’s building 17
Yes, 16, 17 and 18 in Fountains I is near the security gate as is 19, 20 and 21 in Fountains II. Fountains I would be a bit better since you won't be looking across a lake to people in other balconies.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

perfect! The beginning of the video shows the buildings I was looking at requesting! Thank you! Now I just hope they will grant me the request considering I purchased getaways on interval.
@CPNY be sure to check your reservations and see what the max occupancy is on all of them. We checked in to Vistana Resort today and they stated that our room booked was a max occupancy of six. Meaning the only phases we could be placed in could be Courts or Falls (we took Falls). I am not sure how much flexibility they have if you have some max 8 and some max 6 confirmations in being able to keep you in the same villa the whole stay.