• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

where to get cheap flight

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is best way to get cheap seats on flight LAX-Vegas? American express.com has about the same fares as cheapseats.com, expedia.com and travelocity.
Will I do better waiting until a week prior to flight rather than 3 weeks prior? I can be flexible within 1-2 days for dates of flight.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by cheap and what sort of fares are you seeing now, and what days of the week are you traveling?

-David

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would book at least 14 days in advance as prices usually go higher when you reserve with less then 14 days.

labguides

TUG Member
Reaction score
flying to Vegas

<<what do you mean by cheap and what sort of fares are you seeing now, and what days of the week are you traveling?<,

I found $103 roundtrip LAX-Vegas departing on a Saturday and returning on a Tuesday.

I would like to find that price Burbank - Vegas.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Have you checked the Southwest airlines website? I usually find their internet fares, when available, are about the cheapest.

labguides

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be flyiing with a guide dog in training and Southwest does not accept service animals in training.

Still hoping to find good price Burbank-Vegas. Flying out of Burbank is easier than LAX.

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know almost nothing about S. CA. Maybe there's a tiny service that specializes between there and Las Vegas that wouldn't show up in a booking engine. You could try a search with terms like "travel between Burbank and Las Vegas," and check the Sunday paper Travel and Las Vegas promo sections for deals.

If the service dog training is a reason for the trip, maybe the organization could help you connect with an airline and a good deal.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
labguides said:
What is best way to get cheap seats on flight LAX-Vegas? American express.com has about the same fares as cheapseats.com, expedia.com and travelocity.
Will I do better waiting until a week prior to flight rather than 3 weeks prior? I can be flexible within 1-2 days for dates of flight.

Example, ex-BUR:

Code:
$128.60 in US Dollars
1 adult @ $128.60
Show booking details

This ticket is non-refundable.

Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

Airport legend:
BUR: 	Burbank Bob Hope
LAS: 	Las Vegas McCarran

Burbank, CA to Las Vegas, NV: 221 miles 	1 hr 5 min
US Airways 	US Airways Flight US5252 on a Canadair Reg. Jet (jet) in coach class
     (operated by Mesa Airlines dba America West Express, also America West Flight HP6679) 	
Departs Burbank, CA (BUR) 	Mon, Mar 13 	9:10p 	 1 hr 5 min
Arrives Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 		10:15p 	

Las Vegas, NV to Burbank, CA: 221 miles 	1 hr 3 min
US Airways 	US Airways Flight US5251 on a Canadair Reg. Jet (jet) in coach class
     (operated by Mesa Airlines dba America West Express, also America West Flight HP6678) 	
Departs Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 	Wed, Mar 15 	7:38p 	 1 hr 3 min
Arrives Burbank, CA (BUR) 		8:41p

7-14 days APEX is likely fine. Weekday travel appears to be cheapest. Above sample was a 2 day stay, departing on a Monday in March. In order to be more precise, dates of travel would be required.

Edited to add that March is wide open with most of the majors for 98.00 all-in from LAX.....not your preference but wanted to throw that in.

Pat

Last edited:

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flew to Burbank from Las Vegas 2 weeks ago for $34. Ticket was purchased about 3-4 weeks in advance on the Southwest website. I have done it for this price several times. Good luck! Oops sorry, didn't thoroughly read all the posts to find out Southwest doesn't take your dog. America West has comparable prices but I don't know about the dog situation.

Last edited:

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked and America West has roundtrip flights Burbank-Las Vegas at $98. Hope this helps.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
KevJan said:
Just checked and America West has roundtrip flights Burbank-Las Vegas at $98. Hope this helps.
Is that all-in? What fare basis? Not seeing this.

Code:
TA14N2W 	US 	T 	One-Way 	54.00 (USD) 			View Rules    View Routing
VA14N2W 	HP 	V 	One-Way 	54.00 (USD) 			View Rules    View Routing
SA14N2W 	US 	S 	One-Way 	59.00 (USD) 			View Rules    View Routing
KA14N2W 	HP 	K 	One-Way 	59.00 (USD) 			View Rules    View Routing

These fares are exlusive of taxes and security fees....

Cabin pet T&C's on HP...

http://www.americawest.com/awa/content/travelplanning/travelpolicies/pets.aspx

Pat

royerh

Reaction score
Go to Itasoftware.com and it will give you most all the airlines that fly from your city to vegas. free enrollment.
hbr

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
royerh said:
Go to Itasoftware.com and it will give you most all the airlines that fly from your city to vegas. free enrollment.
hbr
Been using ITA for a few years now. Fare information is from ExpertFlyer, which has direct GDS access. I asked because I can't duplicate the fare or find it on HP's site. Usually, in such cases, the fare is published but no seats are available; in this case I can't even find the published fare.

BTW, WN's fares are running about 80.00+ o/w out of BUR right now. Maybe they'll have another sale. After seeing HP's pet fees, I think it would be cheaper to drive :(.

Pat

labguides

TUG Member
Reaction score
>>After seeing HP's pet fees, I think it would be cheaper to drive .>

Some airlines waive that fee for service dog in training. United sometimes, not always, charges $25. I have talked with United about it -- they are supposed to charge that fee, but some agents "forget" about it.

I have no problem paying $25 for service dog in training, but $80 for LA-Vegas -- I can drive it cheaper.

The ITA site did find less expensive flight ($98 all inclusive LAX-Vegas) -- it suggests using travel agent as the times I liked best are on two airlines.
That compares with Americanexpress.com -- $103 all inclusive.

Thank you everyone for the help.