• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to eat in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta

huffydogg

Reaction score
Hello, I will be in Puerto Vallarta next week. I will be staying 3 nights in Puerto Vallarta and 4 nights in Nuevo Vallarta. Any recommendations where to eat?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Sonora Al Sur
Blvrd Nuevo Vallarta 64
63735 Nayarit

You pick a cut of meat and thickness, then the butcher cuts it. Very nice experience. Look it up on Yelp.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
El Palomar de los Gonzales.

This is a regualr for us in PV. Book reservations so you are there at Sunset.

We have also enjoyed El Arrayan.

Both restaurants have menus that are more typical of local cuisine and of cuisines common to Mexico regions closer to the southern borders- very diffferent from what passes as Mexican cuisine in the US>

Last edited:

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
La Dolce Vita Vallarta Malecon

Evrytime that I go to Puerto Vallarta visit this restaurant, all the menu are delicious, I like to order shrimps pizza cooked in wood oven and Caesar salad, ask for a table on the second floor with view to the Malecon and the sea. And in my opinion is not pricely.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
El Patron in the Diciembre 5 area north of the soccer fields by Buganvilias.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Tacon de Marlin (I think that's the name). Little "hole in the wall" type of place, but mmmmm, SOOO good.
I especially liked the smoked crab, smoke marlin, and shrimp burrito (the combo).
You can easily split one with another person. We didn't know that and each got one and were stuffed.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Tacon de Marlin (I think that's the name). Little "hole in the wall" type of place, but mmmmm, SOOO good.
I especially liked the smoked crab, smoke marlin, and shrimp burrito (the combo).
You can easily split one with another person. We didn't know that and each got one and were stuffed.
Handy too, that it's right across the pedestrian bridge from the airport, very near the taxi/bus stand.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep the suggestions coming. We depart for PV in mere days. If it matters, we'll concentrate on near the Romantic Zone just South of the Cuale.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Handy too, that it's right across the pedestrian bridge from the airport, very near the taxi/bus stand.

Yes, there's actually 2 of them. One across from the airport and one like 2 blocks down from the Buganvilias (I wanna say like hang a right, go down two blocks and hang a left where the gas station is and it's on the next corner past Pepe's)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Bucerias - Miguel Angel's on the square or any of the beachfront restaurants.

PV - Mariscos El Guero https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-Mariscos_El_Guero-Puerto_Vallarta.html We went there twice on our last trip.

One other great place is El Coguita at the Marina. There is one where the taxi's from Vidanta turn to go to Bucerias too. We have not eaten there, but there always seems to be a crowd. We generally get the fish filet platter. The food is really good and the prices are low!

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I can’t remember the name but this place is directly across the street from Our lady of Guatalope Church in downtown PV. Everything is awesome. It’s on the corner across from the souvenir shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Bucearías- all taxi drivers from vidanta recomend los mariscos del gordo, I imagine they recived a good tip, it looks nice but pricely, I walked from there a few blocks and found el chivero seafood, they prepare sarandeado fish at the moment, it took about an hour but is delicios.(is not Easy to find sarandeado fish)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember the name but this place is directly across the street from Our lady of Guatalope Church in downtown PV. Everything is awesome. It’s on the corner across from the souvenir shop.

Yes! They had a very good quesadilla with beans and pork (forget what it was called).
Will have to go back through my FB and see if I can find out the name of it.

I think it was:
El Campanario

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
El Chivero is the first of the oceanfront restaurants. We have eaten there several times and everything has been good. It used to be the orange & white building. They also had decent restrooms.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bucerias - Miguel Angel's on the square or any of the beachfront restaurants.
Not Adrianos.

We used to eat there regularly. In the last several years the service has gone downhill and the quality of the food has nosedived.

Last time we were there (Feb 2018), we apparently weren't the only ones who felt that. Fat Boy and other restaurants were crowded, while Adriano's was nearly empty. At the least we figured we would get good service. It took them 15 minutes to greet us after we sat under one of their palapas, and another 15 minutes to get a beer and margarita.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent the day today with Rosie's Cooking. We met at Starbucks in Galleria Mall. Rosie picked us up, we went to a historic market, got ingredients. Then to her house where we were instructed in chopping and blending the freshest goodies. We made red and green salsas. We made tortillas, then breaded and fried shrimp to make tacos. Finally there was red snapper sarandeado butterflied open and grilled over oak fire. Everything was delicious. After eating all this, out came the tequila. Rosie took us back to our PV 'home'. www.Rosiescooking.com
IMG_20200118_124721_1.jpg

I forgot to mention the made-from-scratch flan for dessert

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That looks great! Think we'll have to try it in March. Thanks for posting.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Rosies looks like fun. Anyone know of other “tour” / “adventures” that are food related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
We spent the day today with Rosie's Cooking. We met at Starbucks in Galleria Mall. Rosie picked us up, we went to a historic market, got ingredients. Then to her house where we were instructed in chopping and blending the freshest goodies. We made red and green salsas. We made tortillas, then breaded and fried shrimp to make tacos. Finally there was red snapper sarandeado butterflied open and grilled over oak fire. Everything was delicious. After eating all this, out came the tequila. Rosie took us back to our PV 'home'. www.Rosiescooking.com View attachment 16466
I forgot to mention the made-from-scratch flan for dessert

that one will be on my list.

Definitely go to Pittital. Great shopping in quaint shops and there are many restaurants that are cheap and good.

I attached a video on the food in Pittatal. It might help you.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
We had a fantastic time on the Vallarta Eats food tour. They have a bunch of different tours. But, it is a great way to explore the area on foot and stop in a lot of local shops and stands. Fantastic (and tons) of food. https://www.vallartaeats.com/

I’ve taken Vallarta Eats tours several times. Great experience and well worth every peso.

FDF1CBB0-C7EB-40FD-813C-920E3B1D551C.jpeg

One of the several stops.

Cheers

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vallarta eats has a friends and family discount code "PVEats" you can use to save some $ on tours you book. They added one in the 5 diciembre neighborhood near Buganvilias a year or so ago.