• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where Others See A Challenge, I See Opportunity

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
I am heading to HHI this weekend and will be stopping by the Costco that opened up near the Savannah Airport. I think this is a Shark Tank idea. I am going to attach the below business card around the property. I was going to put them on each 90 minute sign for the lounge chairs put figured no one would see it. As Marriott expands this practice across other geographies, looking for people who want to wipe out their MF fees by earning extra. My wife doesn't see the opportunity and thinks it is another example of "Little things please little minds". Thoughts Please

IMG_2178c.jpg

Last edited:

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
As Marriott expands this practice across other geographies, looking for people who want to wipe out their MF fees by earning extra.
Could you please explain this part to me, what is Marriott doing? I had read someone saying they couldn't get extra detergent recently, but are they denying toilet paper too?

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Could you please explain this part to me, what is Marriott doing? I had read someone saying they couldn't get extra detergent recently, but are they denying toilet paper too?
My understanding is you get what you get when you check in your room. Any other extras including toilet paper is a charge. Please don't tell me I misunderstood, I thought this was my retirement idea.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
lol. Is it April 1st? Tide will likely sue you for trademark infringement.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your wife is right, but if it entertains you and others, carry on!
Other than the lack of communications which is unfortunate, but not uncommon, what i find surprising are the negative reactions of so many people. If we look at what it costs to vacation on HHI between MF, travel, eating, drinking and activities, the is less than an rounding error. If at anytime vacationing at a Marriott timeshare becomes unaffordable, it won't be from paying extra toilet paper, laundry detergent or exchanging towels. So I think what it comes down to is one happy or unhappy with MVCI. If you are currently unhappy with MVCI, this just reinforces it. If you are happy, it is no big deal.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's now a Costco near the Savannah airport....ooooh, that is *not good*, LOL!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i hope resorts dont catch on to this and start widtholding shampoo/soap/toilet paper in your room until you sign up for a sales presentation!

heck I thought wyndham holding parking passes hostage was bad!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
i hope resorts dont catch on to this and start widtholding shampoo/soap/toilet paper in your room until you sign up for a sales presentation!

Don't give them any ideas...

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Susan… any chance you can wipe out this thread?😉

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We had five rolls of TP in our one bedroom premium at Sheraton Broadway Resort for this week. We have used 1.5 rolls so far. We get a clean on Monday for our second week, which actually starts tomorrow but housekeeping shortages, as you all know.

They did give us 4 boxes of Tide. I used all of them for pool towels and suits for us. Our DIL used all of her allotment of 4 boxes of Tide for their 2 bedroom. She brought her own soap. Toilet paper is the same for their 2 bedroom, so that's off kilter, right?

The trash bags for $2 is just a stupid idea. Cheap trash bags, four for $2.00? We are taking the dirty diapers to the trash chute and not buying more of theirs.

One roll of paper towels isn't enough for the spills happening over there in the 2 bedroom. We took our roll over. I think she will be buying more of those from the store.

I do remember paper towels being something we rarely used for the little ones in the 1970's and 80's. We used wash clothes and rags for everything, even for poopy diaper cleanup. I used cloth diapers as well. Maybe Marriott is trying to break us of the habit of using paper towels, but they need to provide more dish rags and laundry detergent for these mess makers that are 2.5 years old that we have on this vacation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The trash bags for $2 is just a stupid idea. Cheap trash bags, four for $2.00? We are taking the dirty diapers to the trash chute and not buying more of theirs.
I'm sure they are getting a bulk discount, but my experience is that those clear frosted type trash bags aren't cheap. At least not when compared to a standard kitchen trash bag. I don't know why they use these clear type bags for everything.
I do remember paper towels being something we rarely used for the little ones in the 1970's and 80's. We used wash clothes and rags for everything, even for poopy diaper cleanup. I used cloth diapers as well. Maybe Marriott is trying to break us of the habit of using paper towels, but they need to provide more dish rags and laundry detergent for these mess makers that are 2.5 years old that we have on this vacation.
My issue with the provided kitchen towels and clothes at Vistana resorts is they don't provide a dish cloth. Just those stupid pink throwaway things. I can't even use those. They are basically garbage. Give us a real kitchen cloth. Two or more preferred.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I'm sure they are getting a bulk discount, but my experience is that those clear frosted type trash bags aren't cheap. At least not when compared to a standard kitchen trash bag. I don't know why they use these clear type bags for everything.

My issue with the provided kitchen towels and clothes at Vistana resorts is they don't provide a dish cloth. Just those stupid pink throwaway things. I can't even use those. They are basically garbage. Give us a real kitchen cloth. Two or more preferred.
We have a couple of pretty yellow dish cloths here at SBR.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL Wash cloths are pretty good dish cloths... I always sacrifice a few to the kitchen to start with.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Abound & Asia Pacific Points

When I checked into Grande Vista on June 13th I had to go to the concierge desk to pick up the parking pass where they proceeded to try and sign me up for a presentation. It was a hard sell as it took waiting 5 minutes as the person in front of us listened to the options and debated whether to sign up. I just wanted the parking pass and should have been given at the check in desk.....

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than the lack of communications which is unfortunate, but not uncommon, what i find surprising are the negative reactions of so many people. If we look at what it costs to vacation on HHI between MF, travel, eating, drinking and activities, the is less than a rounding error. If at anytime vacationing at a Marriott timeshare becomes unaffordable, it won't be from paying extra toilet paper, laundry detergent or exchanging towels. So I think what it comes down to is one happy or unhappy with MVCI. If you are currently unhappy with MVCI, this just reinforces it. If you are happy, it is no big deal.
I think it comes from a difference in the understanding of the words “vacation” and “resort”.

If I’m on vacation I don’t want to see the inside of a supermarket much less a Costco. And I certainly don’t want to have to drive to buy TP. Obviously, YMMV.