• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is your favorite New England trip.....

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Thank you. I figured that there will be some traffic so our plan is to do most of the hiking during the week. I was honestly shocked to see this just sitting there in in open inventory! I wasn't committed to doing this trip so I had not yet set up an OGS, but I have been casually looking for the past month or so and everything that I saw was either the first week of Oct (which I assume would be fine as well) or much later in October. The resort reviews are fine enough (I am not super fussy about the resort as long as it's clean) but since I am unfamiliar with the area I just wanted a bit of reassurance that the location would work and the answer seems to be a yes, so I am going to keep the week. Thanks for letting me tag in on this thread. It actually inspired me to plan this trip.

I just mentioned your post to my husband. We are hooked, lol. Anything historical is a draw for us. I have my fingers crossed for Maine. If we don't get an exchange we will just add some time at a B&B. We are pretty excited for this trip now!
YES...the Calvin Coolidge homestead is interesting. We were in that area for April break, so it wasn't open...but the drive to Plymouth Notch is beautiful. And the cheese from Plymouth Artisan Cheese is great as well. (Trips to VT for the Crews family mean creemees, cheese, and fudge.) You are going to have fun!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I figured that there will be some traffic so our plan is to do most of the hiking during the week. I was honestly shocked to see this just sitting there in in open inventory! I wasn't committed to doing this trip so I had not yet set up an OGS, but I have been casually looking for the past month or so and everything that I saw was either the first week of Oct (which I assume would be fine as well) or much later in October. The resort reviews are fine enough (I am not super fussy about the resort as long as it's clean) but since I am unfamiliar with the area I just wanted a bit of reassurance that the location would work and the answer seems to be a yes, so I am going to keep the week. Thanks for letting me tag in on this thread. It actually inspired me to plan this trip.

I just mentioned your post to my husband. We are hooked, lol. Anything historical is a draw for us. I have my fingers crossed for Maine. If we don't get an exchange we will just add some time at a B&B. We are pretty excited for this trip now!
Killington is a beautiful area and quite central to other places in Vt. Check out Quechee Gorge area, Simon Pearce Mill. There's a hike to Killington Peak.Get a free vacation guide. Gives you lots of ideas.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Killington is a beautiful area and quite central to other places in Vt. Check out Quechee Gorge area, Simon Pearce Mill. There's a hike to Killington Peak.Get a free vacation guide. Gives you lots of ideas.
Perfect! I'm so relieved to hear that it is a good location. Luckily we have plenty of time to plan, lol. Only other timeshare fanatics will understand booking out this far!

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
@HikerBiker do you call yourself HikerBiker because you are a cyclist? I will probably want to mountain bike while in Stowe, possibly road bike. If you have any insights, I’d like to hear them.

Changed my avatar, so yes we are bikers and hikers, but mostly hikers now as we are seniors ++. One of the reasons we like Stowe is because there are easy off road bike trails. The Stowe Recreation Trail is very popular for walking and biking. It is paved and about six miles one way. Years ago we biked some great road trips in Stowe. We had met someone who had a map of the rides, and she gave it to us. Maybe the visitor’s center would have something like that. We are going to Stowe the first week of July and I will try to check then. Also, I think it is there that there is a group that meets once a week and bikes and it is posted in the paper. Trapp Family has mountain biking trails, a rental center, and our son really liked them and found them challenging. He also found some trails near town. Burlington (about 30-40 minutes from Stowe, has a paved bike trail that goes along Lake Champlain. We still do that one as it goes onto the causeway in Colchester and you can take a bike ferry (takes about 10 minutes) to continue the trail in South Hero and then road biking. I don’t remember the cost of the ferry, but it was very inexpensive. The Burlington Bike Trail is 17/18 miles one way, I think. With COVID, we didn’t bike in Burlington last year, but love this bike ride: Lake Champlain and mountains in the distance: beautiful! There is another bike trail that we access in Morrisville (about ten miles beyond Stowe): Lemoille Valley Rail Trail (lvrt.org), the longest trail in New England, 93 miles. There are several trail heads and ,obviously, we bike sections of it. Oh yes, Stowe is one of our favorite US vacations!!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have a week booked for June 2022. Our first Timeshare was in Warren, Vermont, but we have not been to Killington, looking forward to going back to Vermont.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Another history location to visit is Hildene, Robert Todd Lincoln's Vermont home in Manchester, VT just over an hour away from Killington.
Ah, the goats!! I took my kids to Hildene several years ago. And all they remember is the goats. :)

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a week booked for June 2022. Our first Timeshare was in Warren, Vermont, but we have not been to Killington, looking forward to going back to Vermont.

We’ve stayed in Warren and enjoyed exploring both Warren and Waitsfield. Enjoy your trip to Killington.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perfect! I'm so relieved to hear that it is a good location. Luckily we have plenty of time to plan, lol. Only other timeshare fanatics will understand booking out this far!
You will love it. Vermont is such a beautiful state that you can certainly branch out on interesting day trips. I spent a lot of time skiing at Killington and if you golf, there's a real nice course. It's a quiet more remote setting but easy to get around. The foliage is spectacular

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
One of the best trips of our many travels was in OCTOBER of 2019.
Stayed 3 nights in Woodstock VT (Woodstock Inn), then drove next to the New Hampshire White Mtns (Omni Mt. Washington Hotel) for 3 more nights.
We took the famous Kancamagus Highway----the foliage was peaking and was beyond spectacular.
I've never seen glorious foliage like that and perhaps never will ---stunningly beautiful.
Anytime is great, but October is special!
That was the last trip we took prior to the pandemic, but the memories still inspire us to hit the road again as soon as we can.
Absolutely nothing like New England in the Fall! Vt, NH, RI, ME......amazing!
(Next time we're in Woodstock VT we'll drive down to Hildene to see the Lincoln House. Thanks for that!!!)

Kancamagus Hwy:

Woodstock Inn:

Woodstock VT:

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We’ve stayed in Warren and enjoyed exploring both Warren and Waitsfield. Enjoy your trip to Killington.
Where in Warren did you stay? We owned a week at Seasons at Sugarbush.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Great advice!
Took this photo Oct 9, 2019 from the bridge overlooking the Quechee Gorge (Ottauquechee River)....
gorgeous, and one of Vermont's iconic views!!!! Could have stayed there for hours!

1621351733729.png

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great advice!
Took this photo Oct 9, 2019 from the bridge overlooking the Quechee Gorge (Ottauquechee River)....
gorgeous, and one of Vermont's iconic views!!!! Could have stayed there for hours!

View attachment 35769
What a beautiful photo!! I love the colors. I can't wait to be able to visit Vermont this fall!!!!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
, then drove next to the New Hampshire White Mtns (Omni Mt. Washington Hotel) for 3 more nights.

Ah...the trips to The Mt Washington hotel. We had so many of them back in the day. I remember so well when they first started opening again in the winter. $199 for 2 for the night and included a massive breakfast buffet, dinner in the main restaurant and lift tickets to Brettonwoods. They didn't have the heat right in the rooms yet and it would be February and we would sleep with the windows wide open! In the fall we would take the motorcycles up and ride all over the place. Over time....we have been spoiled with time shares and cost. Hasn't made much sense to stay there anymore since I can get a 2BR TS for the week for the price of a couple night stays at the hotel. But, we still go there for lunch or a cocktail out on the back deck when we are in the area.

Anyone remember the elevator attendant they had around 20 years ago. Wow, he was the perfect fit for the place. Welcoming and creepy all at the same time.

A definite stop for anyone in the area. Even if it to just to look around.

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where in Warren did you stay? We owned a week at Seasons at Sugarbush.

We stayed at Seasons at Sugarbush. It was a basic resort but gave us access to Waitsfield, Stowe, and Burlington. Our bedroom overlooked a beautiful pool in a peaceful setting.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I remember that from the time of the old Sunday night TUG chats.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have five nights to use in a Marriott. I am considering Vermont because of this thread.

• Love
Reactions: jme

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are living a fun New England trip right now: 4 nights on the Cape (Cove at Yarmouth), 7 nights at Pollard Brook in the White Mountains, and 3 nights at the Omni Mount Washington. We got great deals on the first 2 via Tripbeat-3 nights at the Omni is costing us the same as the 11 nights at the Cove and Pollard Brook combined. I hope to do a couple of TUG reviews, and also hope to post our itinerary after we get home. Moving from Pollard Brook to the Omni tomorrow. We have had a great time. We had friends stay with us for 2 nights at the beginning of our Pollard Brook stay, and they were not sure that we would find enough to do here for 7 days. We definitely have! My sister and BIL have been to Pollard Brook 4 times-they love it here.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my Cape Cod trip report. I will post resort reviews in the resort review area.

We spent 4 nights at the Cove at Yarmouth. I crowd sourced ideas from several people we know that love the Cape and visit often. I had not been in about 30 years. This is what we did:

Incoming day: lunch at Seafood Sam's in Sandwich (a long time Cape casual seafood place); afternoon at Heritage Gardens and Museum (beautiful grounds with interesting vintage car museum and a fun temporary exhibit about toys), hit Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for drinks to keep in the unit and did takeout quesadilla dinners from Sam Diego's in Hyannis. The road leading into the Hyannis rotary/traffic circle has the Cape Cod Mall, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Shaw's grocery, as well as multiple restaurants. We also got delicious ice cream from Cape Cod Creamery.
First full day: a huge and tasty breakfast at Grumpy's in East Dennis. Drove to P-Town and browsed for an hour or so. They have a great puzzle and game store. Hopped into Art's Dune Tours-a driver takes you driving on the sand dunes in the Province Lands, part of Cape Cod National Seashore. Highly recommend! Had lunch in P-Town at the Lobster Pot-great food, gracious service and nice views. On the way back, we stopped at the Massachusetts Audobon Nature Sanctuary in Wellfleet and walked about 3 miles. Even if they are closed, you can still walk the trails and walk down to the beach. We saw tons of hermit crabs. Had leftover quesadillas from Sam Diego's for dinner as our Lobster Pot lunch was pretty filling.
Second full day: Breakfast at Good Friends Cafe in West Dennis (great grilled muffins and incredibly friendly service). Drove to Chatham to browse. Helped the local economy by making purchases at Marion's Pie Shop, Chatham Candy Manor (they have an oops-type section with bags of chocolate almost past their sell date at good prices), and Where the Sidewalk Ends bookstore. Drove to North Truro and visted Chequesset chocolates (artisinal candy bars), North Truro vineyards (nice outdoor set-up with Adorondack chairs-white wines were not bad), and Atlantic Spice Company (great prices on bulk spices, vanilla and teas). Zoomed back to the Chatham area for a great lunch at Cooke's. Went back to the Cove for a while and then went out a very nice dinner at Ocean House, which is right on the ocean's edge in Dennis Port.
Third full day-breakfast from Hole in One Donuts (a dear friend hounded us to make sure we got there....he was right). Rented bikes at Idle Times bike shop in Eastham and did an easy 8 mile ride which combined a portion of the Cape Cod Rail trail and a portion of the Cape Cod National Seashore). Drove back and stopped at the Brewster store and drove along beautiful Route 6A until tunring off to the Hyannis area. We drove through downtown Hyannis-roads were ripped up and being worked on. We skipped lunch and had a nice quiet dinner at Fin in Dennis.
Departure day-breakfast at Keltic Kitchen in Yarmouth-friendly service and good food.

I loved the Cape and would go back in a heartbeat-only late in the summer or in the off season, though. Next time, I woud like to stay in the Falmouth area and spend a few days before and after the Cape on Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. We did not have enough time to get to the islands this time. The Vineyard is beautiful from what I recall from my trip 30 years ago. The Cove at Yarmouth was very convenient for covering a large swatch of the Cape in a relatively short period of time.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Inn at Pollard Brook trip report (review of resort in Resort reviews):
Arrival Day-drove up from Cape Cod and arranged for a private tour of Cantebury Shaker Village (they were closed for the pandemic, but you can book a private tour). Beautiful, serene spot with the heady scent of apple blossoms and lilacs. Stopped In at Fox Country Smoke House in Canterbury and picked up an assortment of smoked cheeses and a couple of bacon varieties. Checked into Pollard Brook after stopping at Price Chopper in Lincoln. Picked up a pizza at GH Pizza in Lincoln which was surprisingly decent and waited for the arrival of friends who were visiting us for the weekend.
Day 1-Had a delcious breakfast at Polly's Pancake House in Sugar Hill, where you can try several flvors of mini pancakes. Their maple bacon biscuits were amazing. After breakfast, we stopped at the Garnet Hill outlet store and I bought a t-shirt. We continued on to Franconia Notch State Park where we hiked the Flume, a series of waterfalls that was incredibly pretty. We followed our Flunme visit by a walk up and down the main street of Littleton and browsed. After that, we drove over to Bethlehem and had coffee at a great little spot called Maya Papaya. Amazing whoopie pies there. Drove over to the Omni Mount Washingto-our friends wnated to see it, and we got a preview of our stay later in the week. We went back to Pollard Brook and vegged for a while until heading to nearby Woodstock for dinner at Woodstock Brewery. Food and beer there were just Ok.
Day 2-Breakfast at Arnold's in Woodstock. The quintessential small town diner in a tin can with warm service and great food. Looked like a real nighborhood hangout-the kind you don't see much anymore. Our friends headed home after breakfast. I checked the weather for the Cog Railway and discovered it was clear at the summit-so we booked tickets online and made a beeline over there. Barely made it, but had a great trip. The views are amazing, although the railroad is a bit pricey. Had leftover pizza for dinner and hung out on our beautiful balcony overlooking Loon Mountain.
Day 3-Attended the morning orientation breakfast hosted by Jack, the Pollard brook activities director. It was very well done-no pressure to sign up for anything or buy a timeshre week. Pollard Brook has a nice activitie schedule. We went for a brief walk on the walking path by Pollard Brook and across the street and vegged the rest of the day. Had dinner at LaVista in the RiverWalk complex which was very good. They had a wood burning pizza oven and an interesting pizza list. We did not try the pizza, but a woman at the Pollard Brook front desk said that people raved about them.
Day 4 Drove the length of the Kancamagus Highway-a beautiful drive with several secenic overlooks and a few short hikes-walks. We did 3 short walks. The Sabbaday Falls hike was particularly pretty. We continued into Conway and North Conway, stopping at the outlet center and at Zeb's General Store. We looped around through Bartlett and drove on the Bear Notch Road to do a litle shortcut back to the Kanc. We had dinner at Black Mountain Burger in Lincoln, which was quite tasty. After dinner, we joined the Pollard Brook Sunset Tour-highly recommend-we saw a beautiful sunset and heard lots of interesting stories about the area from Jack, the Pollard Brook activities director.
Day 5 We walked around at the resort and vegged before having dinner at the Common Man in Lincoln. We had a great dinner and loved the fact that our waitress told us what to avoid on the menu! After dinner, we joined the Pollard Brook Sunset Tour-highly recommend-we saw a beautiful sunset and heard lots of interesting stories about the area from Jack, the Pollard Brook activities director.
Day 6 We went back over to Franconia Notch State Park and visited the Bowl-also hiled a portion of the Basin Cascade Trail which is very pretty, with a series of waterfalls. A fair amount of roots and rocks, though. Pollard Brook had an afternoon hike to a beautiful spot that is on private land, so you can't go without Jack. I was disapponted-we could not go because I had committed to an online volunteer commitment which conflicted. We had a lovely dinner at the Adair In in Bethlehem. Good food and warm service, with a nice atmosphere.
Day 7-Had another fine breakfast at Arnold's Diner and then checked out the Christmas Loft and the General Store in Woodstock-i decided that I did not need any more Christmas stuff, and the General Store dd not have a lot of merchandise. We left the Lincoln area and drove the the Frost Place in Franconia, which is Robery Frost's former home. The museum at the site is closed, but you can sit on the front porch and soak in the scenery. There is a pretty trail behind the property which has Frost poems on posts throughout the trail-I walked a portion of it. We also drove back to Bethlehem and stopped in at the Wren Cooperative, which operates a non-profit designed to show rural women how to start home-based craft busineses. I bought a couple of cnadles there, and grabbed a book at the used bookstore down the way. Also made another stop at Maya Papaya for a coffee drink. We then set out for the Pondicherry Audobon refuge-but wound up on a dirt and jagged gravel road and finally gave up without finding it. We continued on to the Omni Mount Washington, where we had booked a 3 night stay. We were upgraded to a larger room and were gifted with a lovely bottle of champagne and a large charcuterie plate in honor of our 25th anniversary. We had dinner in the main dining room at the Omni-it is very pretty, with beautiful views of Mount Washington. However, the food is overpriced. My husband enjoyed his fliet mignon, but I would have needed tweezers to loacate the lobster meat in my lobster pot pie. After dinner, we went outside for a while and sat on the Omni's beautiful sweeping veranda,
Day 8-Had breakfast at the Omni main dining room-they ended up comping both of our breakfasts after I demonstrated that you would have needed a hacksaw to cut the English muffin of my Eggs Benedict. After breakfast, we did a 4 mile hike on the Omni property alongside a lovely stream with granite rocks and waterfalls. After the hike, we grabbed 2 of the Adirondack chairs on the Omni lawn and rested/took in the scenery, which is breathtaking. Our dinner was at the Notchland Inn, about a 17 mile drive from the Omni. Wonderful food at a great price, with the bonus of a loveable inn dog named Mia who will come out and greet you during dessert.
Day 9 The Omni buffet breakfast was better this time. We wandered around the property and also watched a beautiful Hindu wedding from the veranda and from our room. There were 7 weddings at the Omni that weekend! No chance of getting a spa appointment as a result. Since it had cooled off, we discovered a place to read indoors with amazingly comfortable chairs and great views. We spent the bulk of our day there before heading to Stickney's pub at the Omni for dinner. Food was just OK.
Day 10-time to head home! Stopped and had lunch with beloved nephew (a Manchester resident) at the Firefly bistro, which had great food. The drive home from NH to NJ was a bit nighmareish due to construction in Connecticut and again in the Bronx.
The White Mountains of New Hampshire are beautiful-we hope to go back some day.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the typos-my grammarly program typically picks them up for me, but did not do so in the reviews above. I have corrected them in the resort reviews version of my summary.