• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $16,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $16 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is your favorite New England trip.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is no secret my favorite is the White Mountains in New Hampshire. Lincoln is my first choice....followed by Bartlett.

But, my thoughts today are with Newport, RI. I think this is such an underrated area and with the summer sightings I have recently posted I'm thinking about it.

To me (just my opinion) I think it outranks the Cape for a summer destination.
Still get New England oceans. Many restaurants, shops, tours are all within walking distance from the resorts.
Day trips to Boston, Providence and Connecticut are easy commute.

So, all you New England fans.....what is your favorite area?

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Vermont ! All the little villages and pretty scenery. Northern Vermont is majestic and Lake Champlain area. The little villages of Newfane and Woodstock, Stowe are lovely. Manchester is always fun to shop.

Also enjoy coastal Maine, the Kennebunkport area, Ogunquit , York and Southern coast and always like a visit to Stonewall Kitchen.
A friend has a place in Southern NH in Spofford Lake and always enjoy a summer day there too.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Newport and the Berkshires (Bentley Brook) the most. We love traveling to Boston, Cape Cod and Maine. Most of New England is great

e.bram

Reaction score
Newport Overlook in Jamestown, RI and Surfside Resort in East Falmouth, MA.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
1. Vermont...... particularly the small town of Woodstock.....(Woodstock Inn!) .....but frankly, most anywhere in Vermont.
2. New Hampshire, anywhere in the White Mountains.....(Bretton Woods/Omni Mt. Washington Hotel).
3. Maine..........small coastal town of Ogunquit.....or anywhere on the coast.
4. City of Boston.......too much to tell, but it's definitely our favorite big city in USA (Custom House)....warranting 6 visits in last 8 years.
5. Newport, RI....wonderful place, just a beautiful area.

And, we love to go only in mid-October (foliage season is glorious) or early December (Merry Christmas to us!!)......

Wife unwittingly called the last year+ the "pandammit" instead of the pandemic...a true Freudian slip.
So, we'll be ecstatic when this pandammit is over, such that we feel safe in getting back to our beloved New England, and especially Boston!
(funny thing is that she never utters a curse word....guess it just slipped out.)

1. Woodstock, Vermont
1619886203090.png

1619886556091.png

2. New Hampshire (Bretton Woods)......Mt Washington Hotel
1619886993627.png

3. Ogunquit, Maine
1619888010740.png

1619888043185.png

4. BOSTON
First stop is ALWAYS at James Hook & Co. on Atlantic Ave,Boston..."on the hahbah".....
When we deplane we RUN to this place!!!!!

1619885704483.png

1619888368044.png

1619890004734.png

5. Newport, RI
1619890495827.png

1619890514218.png

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort
I generally only travel in New England. Funny...Laney was talking the other day about places/states we haven't been, and RI came up. I hate, despise, DO NOT DO urban areas. Boston/Providence, etc are not places I'd ever go....so I haven't looked closely at Newport. It may warrant a second glance after this post!

Our favs:

1) White Mountains. We love either side of the Kancamagus. We've never stayed in a place we didn't enjoy! Pollard Brook, Village of Loon Mountain, Eastern Slope, Attitash, Cold Spring...we enjoy them all!

2) Vermont, #2 only because it's a bit of a drive for us. Smuggs is our favorite, but we've done Jackson Gore and the Grand Summit at Mount Snow, too. All were great!

3) Samoset in Maine. This one is just up the road...about an hour away. It's a favorite because of proximity to home. We don't golf, I don't drink, nobody likes to be out on the water, and we're not big restaurant people. But we love to sit and watch the ocean any time of year, and you can't beat the amenities this place offers. (Audrey gives Samoset the "best gym" award!) I've already made reservations here for Christmas 2021 and Christmas 2022!

4) A big surprise last summer was Vacationland Estates. (Kids are actually clamoring to go back!) It's in the middle of god-forsaken NOWHERESVILLE. But it had a beautiful view of Mt. Katahdin, we shopped at Amish farmstands at least as much as the grocery store, and the pool was great. I'll be watching for a getaway from II to try to go back another year.

So many places we've enjoyed over the years. It's hard to pick! And there are still so many to try! Looking forward to using my new-to-me Acadia Village week this summer!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I generally only travel in New England. Funny...Laney was talking the other day about places/states we haven't been, and RI came up. I hate, despise, DO NOT DO urban areas. Boston/Providence, etc are not places I'd ever go....so I haven't looked closely at Newport. It may warrant a second glance after this post!

Our favs:

1) White Mountains. We love either side of the Kancamagus. We've never stayed in a place we didn't enjoy! Pollard Brook, Village of Loon Mountain, Eastern Slope, Attitash, Cold Spring...we enjoy them all!

2) Vermont, #2 only because it's a bit of a drive for us. Smuggs is our favorite, but we've done Jackson Gore and the Grand Summit at Mount Snow, too. All were great!

3) Samoset in Maine. This one is just up the road...about an hour away. It's a favorite because of proximity to home. We don't golf, I don't drink, nobody likes to be out on the water, and we're not big restaurant people. But we love to sit and watch the ocean any time of year, and you can't beat the amenities this place offers. (Audrey gives Samoset the "best gym" award!) I've already made reservations here for Christmas 2021 and Christmas 2022!

4) A big surprise last summer was Vacationland Estates. (Kids are actually clamoring to go back!) It's in the middle of god-forsaken NOWHERESVILLE. But it had a beautiful view of Mt. Katahdin, we shopped at Amish farmstands at least as much as the grocery store, and the pool was great. I'll be watching for a getaway from II to try to go back another year.

So many places we've enjoyed over the years. It's hard to pick! And there are still so many to try! Looking forward to using my new-to-me Acadia Village week this summer!
Agree!!! One thing.. I hadn't been to Providence in years and went to a play there. I have to say the little city was very impressive and worth a longer visit. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it !! Speaking of Rhide Island, Watch Hill is always a fave place for a beach day.

Reactions: jme

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
L
1. Vermont...... particularly the small town of Woodstock.....(Woodstock Inn!) .....but frankly, most anywhere in Vermont.
2. New Hampshire, anywhere in the White Mountains.....(Bretton Woods/Omni Mt. Washington Hotel).
3. Maine..........small coastal town of Ogunquit.....or anywhere on the coast.
4. City of Boston.......too much to tell, but it's definitely our favorite big city in USA (Custom House)....warranting 6 visits in last 8 years.
5. Newport, RI....wonderful place, just a beautiful area.

And, we love to go only in mid-October (foliage season is glorious) or early December (Merry Christmas to us!!)......

Wife unwittingly called the last year+ the "pandammit" instead of the pandemic...a true Freudian slip.
So, we'll be ecstatic when this pandammit is over, such that we feel safe in getting back to our beloved New England, and especially Boston!
(funny thing is that she never utters a curse word....guess it just slipped out.)

1. Woodstock, Vermont
View attachment 35134
View attachment 35137

2. New Hampshire (Bretton Woods)......Mt Washington Hotel
View attachment 35139

3. Ogunquit, Maine
View attachment 35141
View attachment 35142

4. BOSTON
First stop is ALWAYS at James Hook & Co. on Atlantic Ave,Boston..."on the hahbah".....
When we deplane we RUN to this place!!!!!

View attachment 35133
View attachment 35144
View attachment 35150

5. Newport, RI
View attachment 35151

View attachment 35152
[/QUOTE

Love all the photos. Brings back nice memories. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: jme

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Been a long time since the TUG meeting (and wrestling match vs Fletch) at the Custom House. Very nice place, but a bit on the small side. My favorite places are: (1) NH White Mountains - Pollard Brook, (2) Maine- Acadia National Park area, (3) Cape Cod - Mid Cape area and mostly to eat.