• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is the best place to find a New England Rental for the upcomming new years

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Homeway sights (VRBO, CyberRentals & HomeWay.com) but everything is gone or extremely expensive; any other suggestions?

[Removed specific information that might be perceived as an Ad. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a site that may be helpful:

http://www.newporttimeshares.com/

I'm using them now to sell my Newport week. So far so good.

Sorry that website deals with Newport RI.

Where did you want info for? Have you checked out the Tug adds?

Last edited:

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Where in New England? Do you want to ski or just tour areas? How many days? Are you looking for a quiet NY's evening or festive?

Boston has First Night. We book Marriott Copley Place as it is less expensive than Long Wharf but that is where the fireworks are. There are many activites and the parade is near Copley. Dinner reservations should be may early.

http://www.firstnight.org

There is a Marriott TS where you can view the fireworks next to Fanuiel Hall.

What is your budget?

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

I'm looking at the Homeway sights (VRBO, CyberRentals & HomeWay.com) but everything is gone or extremely expensive; any other suggestions?

You might want to be a bit more specific about your personal location priorities. Bear in mind that there are six different individual states here in New England (....although I personally advocate giving Connecticut away to the New York area, thereby reducing New England down to five states and simultaneously having CT become more appropriately "affiliated"). ;)

Keep in mind that New Years' is both the tail end of a school vacation week and is also prime ski season as well. Combined, those factors put lodging at a premium in many NE areas. If it's NYE revelry you seek, Boston's First Night can't be beat (but good luck finding any available accomodations).

One site you did not mention having examined is vacationRentals.com. I'm certainly not endorsing (or advertising for) the site --- I'm just pointing out that it's one you may have missed in the course of your lodging quest.

I'm not even going to ask why you would want to be in New England instead of in the Bahamas in January --- the scenario brings to my (alleged) mind an old movie with a "Jamaican bobsled team". Good luck.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

inadvertent duplicate posting of one reply voluntarily deleted here ---
sorry for the momentary brain cramp....

Last edited:

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Connecticut get enough snow for snowmobiling, if it does I have to add it to our wish list.

Actually we were thinking of the more northern states MA, VT, NH & ME. The preference was ME because we have never stayed there.

We found a place Evergreen Valley Inn

I noticed that DAE had some availability for around the time we want to go but they did not have our exact dates available so I called the resort and they had availability.

The resort has a generous cancelation policy so if you come across something we can use, we're still open to ideas.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call seasons resort in Vermont

I own at this resort and they do rentals of weeks returned to the resort by owners. It is in a great ski area. This methodology works well in general with smaller resorts. Identify the ones you want and call them to see if they have a rental available. Costs are usually pretty reasonable because these small resorts don't advertise vacant weeks but just hope to get lucky and rent one.

Also call DAE and put in a request for what you want. They can often get you a particular week that they do not have listed on their website.

Last edited: