• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where does HGVC fit into your annual vacations?

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
We currently have a mere 32K of the "new" points (23.5K HGVC, 8.5K bHC) and I just Saved some as we're still hard-pressed to use them. But retirement looms, so this will change.

Also, we have no kids, so we tend to get smaller rooms. And we do a lot of hotel travel as well. Not sure we could ever take enough trips to use 97K points.

Cheers.
I can work anywhere, so that helps...

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
We are flexible and just like to collect memories at this point
This is us also. We like family trips with active activities. We all did a Hawaii trip this last April and went hiking almost every day. Going to Vegas for Thanksgiving though where it will be a mix of Vegas stuff with day trips for hiking. We have 10 days booked right now. I really want to try some of the South Africa or Namibia Regency Collection properties so we are looking at something like that now. The challenge is that plane tickets are pricey but there is a direct flight from ATL to Joburg.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We have owned HGVC for only a few years, but have really enjoyed our experiences to date. We‘ve used points to stay at MarBrisa, Lagoon Towers and most recently at Seapointe. We are looking forward to our first stay at King’s Land in December. In each case we have combined our stay with a stay at MVC resorts and it has worked extremely well. We have also used Open Season for staycations at Elara and Trump Int’l.

The flexibility of the points system has been a great benefit.

Best regards.

Mike

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
This is us also. We like family trips with active activities. We all did a Hawaii trip this last April and went hiking almost every day. Going to Vegas for Thanksgiving though where it will be a mix of Vegas stuff with day trips for hiking. We have 10 days booked right now. I really want to try some of the South Africa or Namibia Regency Collection properties so we are looking at something like that now. The challenge is that plane tickets are pricey but there is a direct flight from ATL to Joburg.
If you go to CapeTown, You can hike Table Mountain and it's gorgeous. I did that on a work trip a couple years back.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
If you go to CapeTown, You can hike Table Mountain and it's gorgeous. I did that on a work trip a couple years back.
I have heard great things about CapeTown. Many of my colleagues, who are based in our offices in Africa, go there for vacation. I have only been to Pretoria and Joburg....plus Windhoek but all for work so I didn't get a chance to play. I head to Tanzania (Dar), in Sept, for work and will find a bit of free time to explore.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
How has your HGVC ownership evolved over time?

Started big in November 2021:

- Flamingo, 2BR, Platinum, 7,000 / 11,200 pts, $0.163 / $0.102 MFpp
- Boulevard, 1BR, Gold, 3,400 / 5,440 pts EOY, $0.200 / $0.125 MFpp
- Elara, 1BR Grand, Gold, 5,000 / 8,000 pts, $0.182 / $0.114 MFpp
- Trump, Studio Plus, Platinum, 5,250 / 8,400 pts, $0.191 / $0.119 MFpp

Add in February 2022:

- Coylumbridge 2 BR, Platinum, 7,000 / 11,200 pts, $0.129 / $0.081 MFpp

Overall 2022: 24,250 / 38,800 points - $3,959.05 MF - $0.163 / $0.102 MFpp (excl. EOY)
Total acquisition cost including closing: $14,823.65

In process of adding one more free deed (I pay closing - will be ~$1400):
- Boulevard 2 BR Gold 5,000 / 8,000 pts - $0.188 / $0.118 MFpp

I calculated I need a little more points to hit our travel targets in 2023 :)

Where do you see it going in relation to the rest of your traveling?

HGVC has become the majority of our travel, coupled with free HH bookings (1M HH points and 4 night certs accrued from churning 1x HH Aspire, 2x HH Surpass, 1x HH Business, and 2x HH Regular cards - all under my name, some under my wife's name also). It's been a HUGE change in the quality of our vacations thanks to how affordable HGVC is.

Untitled 2.png

The remaining travel is things we cannot use the timeshare for - professionally organized events that book the full hotel for its attendees - once or twice a year.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I expected @Nowaker to have a spreadsheet. Nailed it. :LOL:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expected @Nowaker to have a spreadsheet. Nailed it. :LOL:

Indeed. The one shown is very impressive. I have one for tracking all of our vacation travel (airfare, parking, hotel, car, etc.) and use it to map out our Hyatt stays for status as well as tracking free nights that we have to use. But the cost analysis in @Nowaker sheet is a work of art.

Cheers.