• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where can I find crabs?

SusanRN

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is OCM? We stopped in Ocean City last year on our way to Hilton Head and ate at the Crab Factory, I think it was called, it was great.

And what other seasoning can there be besides Old Bay? Isn't there a law that that IS the seasoning for crabs?
OCM is a crab house that offers takeout, plus outdoor dining at picnic tables. It's at 72nd and Coastal Highway on the Bayside, just a block from the Lucayan timeshare :) Closes early now, though. 8PM when we were there.
We thought the Crab Factory's crabs were good, too, when we were there in June.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jimmie Male crabs in the Tidewater Virginia was selling for $39.95 per dozen, if you could find them. The larger male jimmie crabs were being shipped to Northern Virginia and Maryland at a much higher price. Good luck in finding some jimmie male crabs.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Jimmie Male crabs in the Tidewater Virginia was selling for $39.95 per dozen, if you could find them. The larger male jimmie crabs were being shipped to Northern Virginia and Maryland at a much higher price. Good luck in find some crabs.
That was my experience in Outer Banks. There is a Billy's Seafood Market that knows how to steam but they only get smalls and mediums because the larger ones can sell for so much more in N VA and MD.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I’m from NY State and I was thinking of going down towards southern NJ, Maryland, or Delaware for a quick weekend with friends, one of whom desperately loves crabs. Are they available this time of year?

Does anyone have any suggestions? @tschwa2, do you have any ideas? Are there any points of interest in this area for this time of year? Would Cape May NJ Be a good choice?

Thanks for your help!
No need to leave your abode. Just visit the TUG COVID-19 forum, and you'll have more crabs than you can handle. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to leave your abode. Just visit the TUG COVID-19 forum, and you'll have more crabs than you can handle. :)
And only occasional big male Jimmies!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only I tried to be at the seafood market in Va Beach, or Poquson,VA between 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM when the fishing boats are returning to the seafood market piers to purchase a buschel of two (2) dozen of male jimmie crabs..

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Or, call Sheila at (999) 555-1212.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
BUMP - we are in Philadelphia for a wedding and are driving down to Baltimore for the Orioles game today. My wife LOVES all crab/crab cakes. Is there somewhere along I95 we could stop for crab that would be good?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
BUMP - we are in Philadelphia for a wedding and are driving down to Baltimore for the Orioles game today. My wife LOVES all crab/crab cakes. Is there somewhere along I95 we could stop for crab that would be good?

Don't know about places along I-95 but Faidley's in the Lexington Market in Baltimore has what many say are the best crab cakes anywhere. Lexington Market is maybe a fifteen minute walk up Eutaw St. from the ballpark.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lexington Market is dangerous, especially at night. Lots of drug dealing and other activity there. The best crabs are really found at long time crab houses in and around the Chesapeake Bay. Here is a good link.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I’m from NY State and I was thinking of going down towards southern NJ, Maryland, or Delaware for a quick weekend with friends, one of whom desperately loves crabs. Are they available this time of year?

Does anyone have any suggestions? @tschwa2, do you have any ideas? Are there any points of interest in this area for this time of year? Would Cape May NJ Be a good choice?

Thanks for your help!
It's easy to find crabs right here at TUG. Just go to the COVID 19 discussion forum. :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know about places along I-95 but Faidley's in the Lexington Market in Baltimore has what many say are the best crab cakes anywhere. Lexington Market is maybe a fifteen minute walk up Eutaw St. from the ballpark.

Turns out Lexington market is closed Sundays.

We ended up having crab cakes at Michael's Cafe in White Marsh outside the city. Was on the way back and we enjoyed them, so it worked out nicely.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Turns out Lexington market is closed Sundays.

We ended up having crab cakes at Michael's Cafe in White Marsh outside the city. Was on the way back and we enjoyed them, so it worked out nicely.

Sorry about the bum tip but glad it worked our for you.

Bawlmer, like a lot of cities, ain't what it used to be.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the bum tip but glad it worked our for you.

Bawlmer, like a lot of cities, ain't what it used to be.

No worries at all - we checked the hours before we left the ball game as we were worried it wouldn't be open that late anyway, so we weren't put out in any way. We stayed after as they allow children to run the bases, so we didn't end up leaving until way after the completion of the game.