• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where are you buying your (not free) version of Turbo Tax (best price)?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Turbo Tax on sale anywhere now? And will it get cheaper, or more expensive if we wait?

I have always bought the box with the disc in it, not just a link to a download-----don't dare to do that.

Heck, if someone lives in my area of Bangor Maine-----I'll split the cost with them----can't you get 5 filings from the same disc?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I paid $20 for Block Taxcut from Egghead, 5 free Federal Returns with a State Return. Efile costs extra. Just wanted to check out the software.

I volunteer with AARP Tax-Aide, we can efile free, using TaxSlayer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
HR block $30 off for only $20. I stopped doing Turbo Tax three years ago.

Attachments

• 0577892D-392F-46B9-8B3A-E9FEE2707B03.png
    0577892D-392F-46B9-8B3A-E9FEE2707B03.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 10

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could see your link, but can't click on it to access it. Is it specifically for YOU?

Also, do you get an actual 'disc', or just a download link.

Finally, how would I know what version I need? (I won't qualify for the FREE one).

I won't itemize, but I do have about seven 1099s etc.

Thanks

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The best prices for Turbo Tax are at Costco and Sam's Club.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Bought TT Deluxe (for personal return) and TT Business (for a trust in our family) at Costco a few weeks ago. I know they were running a sale in January, but I'm not sure when it ends/ended.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I buy Costco advanced software, I do five returns, I use the state return and do two other states on line. Federal efile is free, turbo tax state file costs, I think it costs $80 but it does rental, self employed, and lots of imports.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago at Costco with a $20 discount.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I see some Turbo Tax Deluxe (receive the DISC in a box) for $39.99

Are any of you seeing anything better than that?

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
http://kenshopusa.com/ Ttax Deluxe 35.99 -- other versions too. And an especially good deal on Ttax Business (corporations, partnerships, etc).

You get an email with a link (and this year, an activation code) about 12 hours after purchase.

I don't know how they do these prices, but I've been buying here for 7-8 years so it must be legit.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco sells the most copies of Turbo Tax and probably has the lowest price with the sale they have every year during January. They have me hooked because it is so easy to transfer data from last year to this year. All I have to do is change the numbers. It is fast and easy and I don’t shop for any other products.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Bought TT Deluxe (for personal return) and TT Business (for a trust in our family) at Costco a few weeks ago. I know they were running a sale in January, but I'm not sure when it ends/ended.
Don't they sell a combined Home & Business product? Why the need to buy two separate ones?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Costco sells the most copies of Turbo Tax and probably has the lowest price with the sale they have every year during January. They have me hooked because it is so easy to transfer data from last year to this year. All I have to do is change the numbers. It is fast and easy and I don’t shop for any other products.
You can transfer past year Turbo Tax data into other current year products, like H&R Block.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Don't they sell a combined Home & Business product? Why the need to buy two separate ones?

I was wondering about the separate purchases also. Costco does sell a Home & Business product as I purchased it and it would do both a personal return and a trust return and I believe it is only $15 more than the TurboTax Deluxe.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Regarding a trust tax return: Maybe I'm confused, but remember that there are many types of trusts.

My wife and I have a revocable living trust. I prepare our return with TT Deluxe. It requires a Form 1040.

My parents set up a nonrevocable Crummey trust that I manage. This requires a 1041 form. TT Business handles a 1041. I'm not aware if TT Home & Business does.

If I search for info on which versions of TT handle a 1041, I get the following page on the Intuit website:

Which TurboTax do I need to file a return for a trust?
If it's a living trust, you can use whichever TurboTax personal program that suits your tax situation. There is no special tax form for living trusts; the trust's income and deductions are reported on your personal tax return.
All other trusts need to file Form 1041 (U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts), which is supported in TurboTax Business.
TurboTax Business also generates the trust beneficiaries' Schedule K-1 forms, which the beneficiaries then report on their personal tax returns. (Think of a Schedule K-1 as the trust equivalent of a W-2.)

Also from Intuit:
You'll need TurboTax Business to file Form 1041, as the personal versions of TurboTax don't support this form.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Regarding a trust tax return: Maybe I'm confused, but remember that there are many types of trusts.

My wife and I have a revocable living trust. I prepare our return with TT Deluxe. It requires a Form 1040.

My parents set up a nonrevocable Crummey trust that I manage. This requires a 1041 form. TT Business handles a 1041. I'm not aware if TT Home & Business does.

If I search for info on which versions of TT handle a 1041, I get the following page on the Intuit website:

Which TurboTax do I need to file a return for a trust?
If it's a living trust, you can use whichever TurboTax personal program that suits your tax situation. There is no special tax form for living trusts; the trust's income and deductions are reported on your personal tax return.
All other trusts need to file Form 1041 (U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts), which is supported in TurboTax Business.
TurboTax Business also generates the trust beneficiaries' Schedule K-1 forms, which the beneficiaries then report on their personal tax returns. (Think of a Schedule K-1 as the trust equivalent of a W-2.)

Also from Intuit:
You'll need TurboTax Business to file Form 1041, as the personal versions of TurboTax don't support this form.
It looks like you have done your research and it does seem that TurboTax Home & Business doesn't support form 1041. I would have suspected that Home & Business would have included everything from both products, but it doesn't.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It looks like you have done your research and it does seem that TurboTax Home & Business doesn't support form 1041. I would have suspected that Home & Business would have included everything from both products, but it doesn't.

Same here. I feel bad for speaking as if I was an authority when I had not done my due diligence! :(