• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where are DAE's strengths?

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
After making several requests with DAE that have not come through, it's time for me to get serious and request something that has a good chance of being confirmed. Other than what I see sitting online, where in the world is DAE likely to have access to inventory? Sadly, I need drive-to or something with reasonable airfare (from Florida), so although I would love to go to Australia or Bali, where I know DAE gets inventory, such destinations would not be practical unless I could get frequent flier seats.

Last edited:

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm looking for experiences and expertise of tuggers, not an answer from the DAE rep.

I see it's already been moved :(

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Tuggers also respond to the posts in this forum, so this is the right place for your DAE question.

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked three bonus weeks through DAE, one to Williamsburg,Va. one to Tortuga, and an upcoming week in Newport, RI. All experiences have gone without incident, and the prices were great. To date, I have nothing but praise for DAE.

beanb41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy trying ringing them. The reason I suggested it be moved to the DAE forum is that clearly you are having a problem with DAE or its inventory that needs resolution. Who better to resolve DAE problems than the DAE Oracle.
In NZ I maintain a regular telephone contact with the DAE office in Taupo once I have a request in. I have always found them helpful and accomodating (excuse the pun). I am sure their offices in the USA are no different.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
strength

They are best in Australia and New Zealand. They often have as many as 300 listings for there. Europe is iffy but they do have connections with Club LaCosta so they pick up some there. They don't seem to be too bad in the US either except I find that often what is offered are lock offs.

beanb41

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons that their inventory is so strong in Australia is that they own half of one of the largest timeshare management companies in Australia. The reason they are strong in NZ is because in their infancy DAE established strong relationships with NZ timeshare managers and through them timeshare owners. That relationship is as strong today as it ever was.
Over time I am sure that you will see DAE grow in Europe and the Americas.
They are up against some pretty strong and well entrenched competition.
I have been a strong advocate for DAE since their early days in NZ and Australia.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not had good luck either, and the week I deposited with them is in June of this year. I didn't realize (my fault) that it was not so likely for me to get something in the US as opposed to, say, Australia.
Connie

Guzzidave

Reaction score
You are aware that you can request a week from DAE and deposit your week once they have obtained it for it.

They don't ask for their fee before confirming the exchange either.

But you can't request a week at all through DAE Europe without being a Gold Member. Free members can only choose from the availability list, which has already lost all the previously-reserved weeks.

I think regarding availability, DAE are stronger in some locations than others. In Europe, for instance, it has good availability in Spain (better than II - in terms of quantity, if not quality - in my opinion) but not so good in the UK.

TheDuke

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an old DAE member and have had great results for British Isles and into New Zealand when RCI never came up with an exchanges. My results in the USA have been less successful, but I have had some good USA exchanges too.
I certainly would not be satisfied with DAE as my only exchange medium. It is a good supplement to RCI-

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now they have a lot of weeks in San Pedro, Belize, which is a tough trade with most exchange companies