• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When trading your WM in II for Hawaii, is there more than one season?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I was wondering for those of you who have traded your WM in II for a Westin or Marriott in Hawaii, did you always get points deducted as if it was "Red Season"?

Have you found it possible to get a 2BR for less than the 10,000 points for Red Season? I am not talking about trades during Flexchange, just standard trades for available inventory. I prefer lower season months for Hawaii, and am curious if I booked for instance a Westin Nanea week in May or October if Interval would charge less for those?

Thanks.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
My experience has been that Hawaii is always Red Season.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii is always high season.

In some parts of Europe and Mexico there may be an off season (I've learned from friends).

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark

thesandovals

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Disney vacation and Welk now with Hyatt
Regarding trading worldmark into II, how does one go about this? I have an II membership but through Hyatt. Do I need to buy another membership so that I can trade worlmark into it?

I hope I mad sense.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Regarding trading worldmark into II, how does one go about this? I have an II membership but through Hyatt. Do I need to buy another membership so that I can trade worlmark into it?

I hope I mad sense.
I think you will need to buy a personal Interval account and register your WorldMark against it. You can call interval to be sure.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
I have a trade currently pending in II for either a Westin or Marriott on Maui. I offered a 3 BR as my WM exchange to hopefully make the trade more enticing. But I don't know if I set it up right, because it's been a couple of months and I haven't been notified of an exchange. Is it possible to do a Deposit First with WM credits in II? I was looking for that option in the II site, but didn't see a way to do that.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@HalfAcreFarmer

Is this your first exchange? I worry when brand new timeshare owners try for Marriott or Westin Maui as their first exchange. Have you exchanged with any other timeshare before?

What are your dates? Set up as wide a range as possible. Set up 2024 dates in case you don't get a match for 2023.
The top resorts on Maui are the most difficult II trades to get if you don't have Marriot or Westin/Sheraton preference.
WorldMark will only match as it gets closer to 90 or 60 days before check-in.

"It's been a couple of months..."
You are requesting (possibly) the most demanded resorts on II. You have only begun to wait.
You are competing with Marriott owners - they will match before you.
You are competing with Westin/Sheraton owners - they will match before you.

Also, II is not accepting requests for MMO from May 2023 - June 2024. That will put a lot more demand onto the other Marriott and Westin resorts.

Last edited:

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I have a trade currently pending in II for either a Westin or Marriott on Maui. I offered a 3 BR as my WM exchange to hopefully make the trade more enticing. But I don't know if I set it up right, because it's been a couple of months and I haven't been notified of an exchange. Is it possible to do a Deposit First with WM credits in II? I was looking for that option in the II site, but didn't see a way to do that.
It is possible to deposit a WM week into II that can you can then exchange, but I had a horrible time doing it because Interval and WM were both confused on the process. They deposited the wrong size unit (I asked for a 3BR but they initially deposited a 1BR) and it took a couple months to sort it all out. You have no control over what WM gives to Interval, other than to specify which unit size and points/season. They gave me an Oregon week in winter (7,000 points), apparently I could have done worse. That said, I'm sure other people have had better experiences. There is no way to automate the process online unfortunately.

As for WM points that I have set up an OGS with, they are very successful in getting me good matches however it was not instant. Those requests had to get a little bit older before the matches started coming in (I actually got multiple Ko Olina 3BR matches). Two months isn't long at all, so expand your dates if you can and be patient. I needed to wait many months and then the matches started coming in quite quickly. As for Maui, did you ask for a 2BR only? Because 2BR's don't come up that often in MMO & MM1, and then that only leaves Westin Nanea which is rarer to get out of Westin preference though not impossible.