• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When is spring break in your area of the country in 2021?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
With all of the events that have occurred in recent years, and still being in the mode of trying to squeeze in a trip during our spring break week, I am curious about when your area of the country has spring break. Not that many people are clamoring for a spring break trip to Arkansas, but an updated list of spring break weeks might be useful for some last minute vacation planning this year and perhaps for spring breaks in the next year or two.

Arkansas: 3rd full week of March (22-26) for most schools

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Same week in Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Spring Break has been cancelled in many places this year. I know several universities that have cancelled it, and our local school district has as well. Most of them extended their winter break a week and compressed the Spring semester so they didn't have students / families traveling in March/April and then come back to the schools.

Kurt

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Spring Break has been cancelled in many places this year. I know several universities that have cancelled it, and our local school district has as well. Most of them extended their winter break a week and compressed the Spring semester so they didn't have students / families traveling in March/April and then come back to the schools.

Kurt
Thanks for that info, Kurt. I had not heard of this, but that does not surprise me.
Had all of this not occurred, when is spring break usually scheduled in your area?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should be cancelled everywhere.
Don't stop there - the entire school calendar and schedule needs to be revised, but since that is unlikely to happen in the near term (1-2 year period), I am hoping to be traveling as usual in 2022 and this info may be helpful in determining a location for that trip....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
In Ontario (Canada) the traditional "March Break" for the public school system has been postponed until the week of April 12-16th for this year.

~Diane

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks for that info, Kurt. I had not heard of this, but that does not surprise me.
Had all of this not occurred, when is spring break usually scheduled in your area?
Ours is usually around the middle of March in Northern Colorado, however it can vary by school district by a week or 2.

Kurt

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they start staggering them by district. It makes no sense for all of Ontario as an example to be on vacation the same week.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Hopefully they start staggering them by district. It makes no sense for all of Ontario as an example to be on vacation the same week.

That is how it has worked in any school district we’ve lived
Actually where we live now I think there are 3 separate weeks in just our immediate area

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
That is how it has worked in any school district we’ve lived
Actually where we live now I think there are 3 separate weeks in just our immediate area
When my daughters were in school in California the school district next to ours was on a different break schedule. Didn't work out well for friends of ours. The mom was a teacher in the other district, which meant she was not on break when her daughters were. Meant the family couldn't go anywhere, and she had to find childcare for them for that week.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In New Mexico the date varies by colleges and which school district. The Santa Fe school district is March 22 - 26.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Southeast Michigan (Metro Detroit) March 29-April 3. Some schools will be the following week.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son (attending a university in SC) just told us he's on spring break this week!.....3/1-3/5......I had no idea it was so early....

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Central and South America, I believe the schools align Spring Break with Easter Week. This is why Easter Week is always in busy in FL and other places with lots of Latinos.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
On Long Island, spring break coincides with Passover. This year it is the 3/28 to 4/5. Most years this week coincides with Easter week, but on the rare year that it doesn't, we get the week of Passover and Good Friday only. If we haven't used all of our snow days, we may get Holy Thursday and Easter Monday.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
April 19-23. It's always the week of Patriot's Day here in our area of Maine.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
In Texas this year some K-12 schools have spring break the week of March 8 and others the week after that. Many colleges and universities have cancelled theirs entirely.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well ours seems early then: March 12-21 (SW MO), St louis schools is March 22
University of Washington in seattle is March 22
University of Central Florida April 11-18-with finals starting shortly after. The goal is to not have kids travel then come back this semester-school will be 100% remote following spring break, however dorms etc will be open.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Louisiana: Always from Good Friday to the next Friday. For 2021 that is April 2-9.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes cant wait, Daytona bound for spring break. :cool:

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will their be spring break events in California, Mexico, Louisiana, South Carolina and Florida this year because of the COVID pandemic.

Social distancing, alcohol, beer, and college students are liked oil and water. They do not mix very well together. IMHO.