• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When is it winter in Canada. Like 12" accumulation of snow & daily snowfall.

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
boyblue, we will be at Carriage Hills from Dec 23 - 30 so I guess we will miss you there. Too bad. :(

Please email me before you leave on your trip and let me know if you will be spending any time in the Toronto area. I will try to meet up with you if you are interested. I may be able to give you some discount coupons from my Entertainment book also.

heather

TUG Member
Reaction score
At that time you are unlkely to see a snow accumulation at Carriage Hills or Calabogie but you may see more in the Huntsville area..Some years winter comes early and in other years we can see a green Christmas. You need a crystal ball for this one! We generaly prefer though when the snow comes early as snow seems to take away the dampness in the air and is more cheerful than brown frozen earth.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
CSB said:
boyblue, we will be at Carriage Hills from Dec 23 - 30 so I guess we will miss you there. Too bad. :(

Please email me before you leave on your trip and let me know if you will be spending any time in the Toronto area. I will try to meet up with you if you are interested. I may be able to give you some discount coupons from my Entertainment book also.

Depending on arrival times we may stay in Toronto over night. I'll let you know, Thanks.

We'll probably do the direct flight on Air Canada (not sure if they fly daily) when do you think is the best time to book on AC.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
heather said:
At that time you are unlkely to see a snow accumulation at Carriage Hills or Calabogie but you may see more in the Huntsville area..Some years winter comes early and in other years we can see a green Christmas. You need a crystal ball for this one! We generaly prefer though when the snow comes early as snow seems to take away the dampness in the air and is more cheerful than brown frozen earth.

I guess the only thing we can do now is cross our fingers :shrug:

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Flying from Toronto to Nassau on a direct flight return with Air Canada would be $500 to $600 Canadian dollars for a good deal. You can pay over $1000 if you miss a good price. Air Canada has Tango for their cheaper fares.

I don't know how you book your flight from there. Can you watch the prices? I don't know if the prices are the same return starting from your location?

If you can book for between $500 - $600 per person Canadian, you should do it. That is non-stop.

There is a lot of tax added to our ticket price. If you see a price, make sure it includes all the taxes.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it Cindy! You've set the Low bar at $500.00 (which is impossible to beat), I'm going to have to see if I can beat it. :wall:

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boyblue, please don't miss a good price because of me. I have no idea if prices going from Toronto to Nassau return, are comparable to Nassau - Toronto return.

If you are willing to make a stopover then maybe you can get a better price but we generally don't like to extend the travel time if we can help it.

Not long ago, I booked my daughter and her friend thru Buffalo (NY) to Nassau because prices are so much better from the States. I will not do that again. Drive each way to take and pick up was too much hassle for the savings.

spike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: Quartershare in Alberta or BC?

Can anyone suggest a quartershare (fractional ownership) timeshare in either greater Banff or Whistler area? We don't ski but would love to live in a ski town during the summer and snowbird down to Tuscon, AZ for the winter. Another crazy California couple retiring with too much equity in our current house and nowhere to spend it!

Oh, we have two dogs. They gotta take dogs!