• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When do cancelled weeks show up on MVC website?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably not a great title but I wasn't completely sure how to pose the question. Basically I cancelled a few weeks and will likely take points for some and look at the FL club for one. I know there is often a delay before one can use those weeks online again once cancelled but does anyone have a good rule of thumb of how long this takes?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Probably not a great title but I wasn't completely sure how to pose the question. Basically I cancelled a few weeks and will likely take points for some and look at the FL club for one. I know there is often a delay before one can use those weeks online again once cancelled but does anyone have a good rule of thumb of how long this takes?

When you make a week reservation or cancel a week reservation it will show up on the website the following day. However, I believe that if you talk to an agent after you cancel the reservation they should be able to elect points for you immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you make a week reservation or cancel a week reservation it will show up on the website the following day. However, I believe that if you talk to an agent after you cancel the reservation they should be able to elect points for you immediately.
Thanks, I haven't had a situation where I was actually watching it specifically. I made some changes yesterday and canceled several weeks. Part of which I'll likely take points on and one of which I'm going to play with the FL Club. I didn't want to do take points at the time of cancelation largely because the more variables I add on the email request, the more likely something is to happen that is not correct. As of this AM the weeks in question still are not showing available to use. The interesting thing is that one has the option to elect points on a week that is reserved unless it was locked off. I've never done this but assume it would simply cancel the week. The lock off weeks do not give that same option, I suspect they would if they were reserved as a 2 BR but don't know for certain.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Thanks, I haven't had a situation where I was actually watching it specifically. I made some changes yesterday and canceled several weeks. Part of which I'll likely take points on and one of which I'm going to play with the FL Club. I didn't want to do take points at the time of cancelation largely because the more variables I add on the email request, the more likely something is to happen that is not correct. As of this AM the weeks in question still are not showing available to use. The interesting thing is that one has the option to elect points on a week that is reserved unless it was locked off. I've never done this but assume it would simply cancel the week. The lock off weeks do not give that same option, I suspect they would if they were reserved as a 2 BR but don't know for certain.

Did your reservations actually get canceled with cancelation confirmations? They are gone from marriott.com?

I think that if you actually try to elect points for a week that is reserved it won't cancel them but will block you with some error message. That happened to me a few years ago - I think it was a weekend (or sometime when the phone lines were closed) and I had to deal with someone on the chat to have the reservation canceled and elect points.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did your reservations actually get canceled with cancelation confirmations? They are gone from marriott.com?

I think that if you actually try to elect points for a week that is reserved it won't cancel them but will block you with some error message. That happened to me a few years ago - I think it was a weekend (or sometime when the phone lines were closed) and I had to deal with someone on the chat to have the reservation canceled and elect points.
They were cancelled yesterday, I got confirmations and they were gone from Marriott.com. It's just waiting on them to show up as actionable on MVC. A couple of days is no big deal in this situation but I did become curious. I've noted in the past things didn't show up right away but wasn't sure if there was a consistency to the process and if there was a range, what that tended to be. I know I could call in if needed or use chat.

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
They were cancelled yesterday, I got confirmations and they were gone from Marriott.com. It's just waiting on them to show up as actionable on MVC. A couple of days is no big deal in this situation but I did become curious. I've noted in the past things didn't show up right away but wasn't sure if there was a consistency to the process and if there was a range, what that tended to be. I know I could call in if needed or use chat.
My experience has always been similar to yours. Usually I call in to cancel, get the emailed cancellation confirmation immediately, and then the weeks re-appear as "actionable" inventory online in my MVC account after 3-5 days or so. It has never been a simple 1-day turnaround for me.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Bumping this, I accidentally made a reservation last Wednesday 7/19 and then called in and the rep cancelled it (I have the cancellation number). It is 7 days later, and it is still showing in my reservation history as active. I called in again today, and the rep confirmed it has been cancelled.

Edited to add - I sent a message via the website on 7/26 asking when it would be released to search online, and this morning it was taken care of.

Last edited: