• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When do airlines release the good fares?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this to ask if anybody knows when the airlines release or open up their good fares? The reason I ask is that I need to go to hawaii in June and it's listed on my travelocity account in my farewatcher section. I've been following it and I've noticed that the good fares seem to be released out for the next 45-60 days and if you go beyond that timeframe the airfare seems to nearly double. Do airlines release their good fares at a certain timeframe or does it just vary?

TIA for any replies!

merc

Reaction score
I think with all the airline financial problems and restructuring, that past pricing patterns are not as likely to carry over into the future. There are and will be fewer seats to discount as flights are rationalized more and more to make sure each and every flight makes money. You may almost need to know what the overall competition and traffic is on any route to have a chance at figuring out if seats are going to be discounted down the road. The days of a significant number of yet unsold seats getting sold off cheaply may be limited. Airlines are cancelling flights, and using smaller planes wherever they can. I held out last fall for the traditional mid-Jan. seat sale but instead found the fares went up where I wanted to go.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree.

There is a big risk in today's environment of playing the waiting game in hopes that fares will go down. That's especially true in light of media news stories over the past two weeks indicating that, overall, fares are expected to increase this year. Even low cost carriers Southwest and JetBlue have stated their intention to increase prices to cover increasing costs. Note, for example, that the cost of jet fuel, a major cost component for the airlines, has skyrocketed and is still going up.

I do most of my flying on UA, approximately 20-25 trips per year. And in every case, I buy my ticket within a week or so of making a firm decision to take the trip. On UA, I can get a voucher for the full fare difference if the fare goes down, but I'm stuck for the additional cost if the fare goes up before I buy my ticket!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Further, June is the beginning of the peak summer (i.e., school vacation) season, meaning it will be less likely that the airlines will offer great deals. Whether they will offer great deals or increase prices will depend on whether they are filling seats at current prices.