• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When bored at work and see HGVC corporate is calling ....

cpepdan

Reaction score
Let's play a game and pretend to be willing to upgrade.

I already have Tuscany 5800 pts. He offered another Tuscany 5800 for $25,220 .... plus 17,400 bonus points but would have two maintenance fees. All great, if I didn't know about the resale market and could get so much cheaper if I wanted to still have 2 MF. Good end of day entertainment.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel now you are going to rec'd more & more telephone calls now from HGVC. You have open the door for more weekly phone calls. Good luck.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have done this a few times myself.. I actually prefer the phone presentation over wasting my vacation time sitting in a room... of course you don't get any giftcards for the phone preso...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Man, why don't they love me like they love you? They don't call me...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the phone presentation over wasting my vacation time sitting in a room... of course you don't get any giftcards for the phone preso...

How about the gourmet breakfast or snacks? You really miss out if you do the phone presentations...

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I've never been that bored at work!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How about the gourmet breakfast or snacks? You really miss out if you do the phone presentations...

Your right, i do miss out on the snacks... but then again my works offers free snacks anyways...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, and off topic, what kind of snacks do you have at your office. I but snacks for my office and would like to know we compare.

Basically, I go to Costco and buy various types of pretzels, seeds, nuts, candy, and beef jerky. People love them and go to town. I am actually quiet surprised how quickly the snacks are eaten.

We also provide coffee and cream and tea for the keurig.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
One presentation we went to was 10:30 am the morning after we arrived (which would have been 8:30 for us back home). We drank a lot of their orange juice, ate a lot of their snacks and played with the top of the desk which was a touch screen computer. I don't think the sales lady was too happy with us.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Out of curiosity, and off topic, what kind of snacks do you have at your office. I but snacks for my office and would like to know we compare.

Basically, I go to Costco and buy various types of pretzels, seeds, nuts, candy, and beef jerky. People love them and go to town. I am actually quiet surprised how quickly the snacks are eaten.

We also provide coffee and cream and tea for the keurig.

I work at a large tech company, we have fresh fruit, small packs of nuts, granola, dried fruit and small candy bars. We also have oatmeal and dried soup packs, as well as noodle cups. For drinks, we have coffee, various teas and juices and flavored water. That's all stocked daily, on Fridays from 4 to 6 pm we have beer bash / TGIF event with beer and wine, sandwiches, chips, etc.

Some tech companies offer free lunch in the cafeteria, but we have to pay at our company.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's the life...

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I work at a large tech company, we have fresh fruit, small packs of nuts, granola, dried fruit and small candy bars. We also have oatmeal and dried soup packs, as well as noodle cups. For drinks, we have coffee, various teas and juices and flavored water. That's all stocked daily, on Fridays from 4 to 6 pm we have beer bash / TGIF event with beer and wine, sandwiches, chips, etc.

Some tech companies offer free lunch in the cafeteria, but we have to pay at our company.

Lol. I work for a public agency. We don't even get a water cooler unless OSHA comes in and deems that building contaminated.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I can think of better ways of entertaining myself than talking to a HGVC sales weasel.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, that's the life...
There is no denying they treat us pretty well. Of course like many employers. there are plenty of other things i could complain about..

Of course one of the main purposes of the snacks, beer bash and other amenities is to keep people in the office and working. Got a big project with a tight deadline.. no need to leave your desk for lunch when there is cup of soup nearby... don't leave early on Friday to beat the traffic, stay for the food and drink.....

on a personal note, i would rather have the beef jerky and pretzels you get than the green bananas and instant oatmeal any day...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is interesting is that for our industry we are giving people so much more than our competitors. We are consultants - engineering services.

cpepdan

Reaction score
They call and call and call anyway. This way I led them on. Haha turn about. F them!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When I am bored at work I read TUG (what a great community!) and dream about my next vacation...less stress for me than listening to hollow sales pitches.

WishinIwasFishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Pono Kai
When I am bored at work I read TUG (what a great community!) and dream about my next vacation...less stress for me than listening to hollow sales pitches.
I'm with you!!! I start getting all kinds of ideas for new and different places to visits, timeshares to exchange, activities to do....:-0

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I starting that I would get anything done at work...