• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When are fees actually due on Marriott weeks? End of January? When would my payment be considered late?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have two different locations and they each have different due date in Jan
Same with our Grande Vista and Harbour Lake weeks. For years though Grande Vista was due in early January, now it is due in late January. Also, weren't the DC Club Dues previously due December 10th? Now it looks like they changed that to January.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same with our Grande Vista and Harbour Lake weeks. For years though Grande Vista was due in early January, now it is due in late January. Also, weren't the DC Club Dues previously due December 10th? Now it looks like they changed that to January.
MVC’s payment due dates have changed noticeably over the years, for both weeks and DC Dues.
Now ours range from mid January to early February.
Previously these ranged from mid December (DC dues) to early March (European weeks)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two different locations and they each have different due date in Jan
I have paid mine already so going by memory but IIRC, I had 7 different dates between my 8 locations, small # of trust points and club dues. At least one was in December.

ETA: I went back and looked at the invoices and it's actually 9 dates. 1 Dec for Trust and club dues with the weeks due dates ranging from 7-25 Jan. I assume they do this to spread out the accounting work load.

Last edited:

mamasnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
Please don't forget to sign in on your MVC page and make sure you have in fact paid your MF. We usually receive an email notice in mid December but had not received anything. I read these postings and realized It's still my responsibility to get the bill paid every year, so I signed on and guess what! despite the fact that I never received notice, the MF was now posted but there was no late date showing so I just went ahead and paid it through our Marriott Visa to get the points. So, thanks everyone for asking the question before I myself forgot to get it paid.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Please don't forget to sign in on your MVC page and make sure you have in fact paid your MF. We usually receive an email notice in mid December but had not received anything. I read these postings and realized It's still my responsibility to get the bill paid every year, so I signed on and guess what! despite the fact that I never received notice, the MF was now posted but there was no late date showing so I just went ahead and paid it through our Marriott Visa to get the points. So, thanks everyone for asking the question before I myself forgot to get it paid.
You see the due date by clicking the + sign beside the MF line on the website.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I am in the process of purchasing a resale week at Desert Springs. Current owner has not paid MF for 2021. I'm pretty sure it was due Jan 4 and therefore already delinquent. The transaction probably won't close for 6-8 weeks due to delays with county recording. I called Marriott and they were less then zero help because it is a third-party transaction. Does anyone know how much the late fees are, when they are assessed, and who I can talk with to get out of it. How does one normally handle this when the purchase spans a period when fees are due? We are using LT Transfers and they did not mention it.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a resale week at Desert Springs. Current owner has not paid MF for 2021. I'm pretty sure it was due Jan 4 and therefore already delinquent. The transaction probably won't close for 6-8 weeks due to delays with county recording. I called Marriott and they were less then zero help because it is a third-party transaction. Does anyone know how much the late fees are, when they are assessed, and who I can talk with to get out of it. How does one normally handle this when the purchase spans a period when fees are due? We are using LT Transfers and they did not mention it.
I can't speak to the late fees, they likely will waive them in this situation if you ask but they also will likely require they be paid prior to completing the transfer.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the late fees, they likely will waive them in this situation if you ask but they also will likely require they be paid prior to completing the transfer.

I agree with Dean. I would think that Marriott would have LT Transfers pay off those 2021 delinquent fees prior to approving the transfer......

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Just had this situation with an estate sale acquisition that was funded this week. Basically closing agent had to pay all MF and late fees. This one was handled by the foreclosure team, but assume late fees will need to be paid to release the week, even if not yet in foreclosure.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at 5 MVC resorts, with widely different due dates and our DC Club due dates are different again.
In the past, some were not due until March.
Now, the latest due date is the first week of February.