• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's there to do in the Louisville, KY area?

Space Coast Laurie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Capistrano Surfside Inn (Capistrano Bch, CA), The Resort on Cocoa Beach (Cocoa Bch, FL)
Had a great weekend in Louisville!

Figured I'd post a follow-up for all you folks who were kind enough to provide input.

What I didn't know when we planned the weekend is that my brother was required to stay within 50 miles of Ft. Knox. That limited where we could go somewhat. We would have loved to have gone to Mammouth Caverns, but it was outside the travel range.

We spent Friday night at the Galt House and Saturday night at the Hyatt Regency... used Priceline to get the Galt House for $50/night and the Hyatt for $60/night. The Galt House was somewhat of a disappointment... lukewarm breakfast buffet, most sagging rollaway bed I've seen in my life, and then there was the evacuation due to the fire, but that's a whole 'nother story. ;-) Still loved hanging out and having drinks in the beautiful Conservatory. On Friday (St. Patrick's Day), we ate and drank (and drank some more) in Sully's Pub and then listened to and watched an Irish pipe and drum group in the 4th Street Live complex on Friday night, then went back to the Conservatory for more drinks.

Saturday we visited the Frazier Historic Arms Museum (very impressive!), the gift shop at the Louisville Slugger Factory (didn't take the tour), and went to see the IMAX movie on the Nile at the Science Center. Then we took the big Trolley Tour loop around town, went to the Old Spagetti Factory for dinner, then watched a movie back at the Hyatt. The Hyatt was VERY nice!

All in all, a good time was had by all. Thanks very much to all of you for your help!

Never did get to Skyline, though... sigh....

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to revive this thread as...

I am debating attending a convention in the Kentucky Center for Performing Arts which is supposed to be next to or connected to the host hotel, The Galt.

Problem is the Galt seems to get mixed reviews, and the Marriott hotel is a couple blocks away and I don't know if it is a short walk (bad legs) or even if it would be safe to walk back and forth as some parts of the convention may last until 11pm or later.

I guess the key questions are the lowdown on The Galt and how safe is the downtown areas around the convention area?

I wasn't planning on getting rental car.. mistake?

Can someone shed some light on downtown Louisville?

Any help would be appreciated..

Pete