• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whats the trick to printing out TUG threads?

Parkplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received a list of helpful suggestions from Tuggers to a question I put to them. Is there a trick to printing them out?

I have tried going to 'copy' but all kinds of lines and spaces interfere with the process. What can I do to just print out the font and not all the extra computer business for which I do not know the name?

Thanks

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The only way I've found to just print out the "content" and not the rest of the "stuff" is to copy the information I want into a word document and then print that out.

Parkplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luanne.

But don't you get a whole bunch of other letters, icons, lines, and boxes when you press copy?

Do you go through and delete all the extraneous stuff before you print? This is what I have to do and it takes a great deal of time and is not always neatly printed even after all that work.

I wonder if there is a simpler method to this?

eakhat

TUG Member
Reaction score
A copy and paste information into Word; I do one post at a time to avoid all the extra things.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
CutePDF

For things like TUG threads, I always use CutePDF to print to a PDF file.

CutePDF is a free utility that adds a PDF "printer" to your system. You just choose File->print of any document or window (including TUG BBS), and choose CutePDF as the "printer". It then takes over and prompts you for a file name to print to. Easy.

Works great for lots of web-based forms, as well as forms out of applications. Anything that you can print, you can turn into a PDF file.

-Bob

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
"Thread Tools"

I have received a list of helpful suggestions from Tuggers to a question I put to them. Is there a trick to printing them out?

I have tried going to 'copy' but all kinds of lines and spaces interfere with the process. What can I do to just print out the font and not all the extra computer business for which I do not know the name?

Thanks
Click Thread Tools on the blue line right over the 1st message box in the thread, then select Printable View.

That might not eliminate all the extra lines, etc., but it gets rid of lots of'm.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just reread the question and I think my answer did not apply. Sorry.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks Luanne.

But don't you get a whole bunch of other letters, icons, lines, and boxes when you press copy?

Do you go through and delete all the extraneous stuff before you print? This is what I have to do and it takes a great deal of time and is not always neatly printed even after all that work.

I wonder if there is a simpler method to this?

I do what eakhat does. I just copy the information in each post that I want into a word document, then print the word document.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I employ a different technique that you may want to consider. I save the thread or individual messages as a file. Filed in the folder of interest.

To save the entire thread (topic discussed) while in the thread in most browsers just use file --> save as--> pick a description and folder to save to.

More often however one message may summarise or best represent or just hold the information I want to save. In which case click on the message number in the top right of the message screen and that will display that message only, again, a case of, file--> save as .

These messages,with the addition of some files, have become my timeshare knowledge base. I keep them on a memory stick that I can take to work, on vacation, internet cafes, resort PC's etc and have the knowledge available easily.

I do back up to a PC, laptop other memory sticks, DVDs , spare hard drives so as not to loose the knowledge gained.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Creating a PDF file on Mac

For things like TUG threads, I always use CutePDF to print to a PDF file.

CutePDF is a free utility that adds a PDF "printer" to your system. You just choose File->print of any document or window (including TUG BBS), and choose CutePDF as the "printer". It then takes over and prompts you for a file name to print to. Easy.

Works great for lots of web-based forms, as well as forms out of applications. Anything that you can print, you can turn into a PDF file.

-Bob

Saving as PDF is a good idea. Maccers, you don't need to get CutePDF or another utility. PDF is built into the Mac OS. Just choose Print in ANY applications - not just the internet - and at the bottom of the Print window you'll see PDF, click it and choose Save to PDF.

We do that all the time for news articles, pictures, confirmations, formatted files - anything we want to save but not necessarily physically print.

Parkplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried AwayWeGo Alan's suggestion of selecting the printable version on the thread and it worked like a darn! Thank you, I likely never would have found that on my own.

I also like the suggestion of saving the info in a file so that it can be referred to as needed.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, darned if it doesn't! Thanks, Alan. I need to brush up on my observation process.