• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's the difference between a Regular and a Plus room at HGVC Borgo alle Vigne?

PhilDman

Reaction score
I'm hoping to book a room at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Borgo alle Vigne but the website is very uninformative about the difference between the room types (except for the fact the the "Plus" rooms cost more points). Has anyone stayed there and are familiar with what the "Plus" rooms have that the regular rooms don't? Is it better views? Thanks!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Not sure of the differences: We stayed in a 1 bdrm in a few years ago. It is a lovely, quiet resort and we would have no problem staying in the unit again. It was a ground floor unit on the building above the underground parking garage (you don't notice the garage). It had a back terrace where we could sit (or dry clothes because the combo washer/dryer did not dry.) I never saw anyone in other units sitting on the terrace.

I surmise a plus unit is larger, or on a higher floor. Not sure about the views because the views are from the front of the building where the front door is located. Not much difference in views between floors because the back terrace goes up the hillside. I do not recall a balcony off the upper floors so the ground floor backyard terrace seemed more spacious.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Its usually first floor vs second floor for HGVC codes, Premier would be top floor. Its a little different at locations with Ocean View like Lagoon Tower.

Some people like first floor when there are sliding patio doors, it extends the space. Not so nice when you get a herd of elephants above you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the differences: We stayed in a 1 bdrm in a few years ago. It is a lovely, quiet resort and we would have no problem staying in the unit again. It was a ground floor unit on the building above the parking garage (you don't notice the garage because it is underground). It had a back terrace where we could sit (or dry clothes because the combo washer/dryer did not dry.) I never saw anyone in other units sitting on the terrace.

I surmise a plus unit is larger, or on a higher floor. Not sure about the views because the views are from the front of the building where the front door is located not the back terrace which goes up the hillside. Not much difference between floors.
do you know if the pool is heated?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Unfortunately, I don't recall. We sat by the pool for only a few hours during our trip to cool off. It could have been naturally warmed due to the heat wave in July.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our 2bdrm unit was like a townhouse with and upstairs and downstairs. Our regular 1 bdrm unit was on the lower level of a 2-story building. But it was up the hill and had a great view overlooking, well Tuscany. I don't think there's a bad unit. The whole resort(?) is not big at all.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We once stayed in the regular 1br and it was located above the reception area(not on top). I recall the terrace view was to a walking path just next to the noisy AC platform station.

So when sitting outside we could enjoy the noise too :-( when closing the terrace doors I dont recall the noise being a problem at all.

If we go again, I might not book the regular 1br unless I'm guaranteed(likely not gonna happen) a unit in the opposite end of the AC platform station.

IF the 1br plus is the units on the second floor of the regular 1br then I wouldn't book those either. But I dont know for a fact.

Except for the location of our unit the area is beautiful and I would like to visit again some day(but in a 2br :) ) the townhouse units looks amazing and I guess the view from the units are beautiful too.

PhilDman

Reaction score
Thanks all. I just spoke to an HGVC rep. They called the facility to ask and were told that the main difference is that the Plus rooms have an extra half-bath. No other apparent difference.

rdw95

Reaction score
We are headed there next week and will arrive next Thursday for a couple of weeks. I will check back with a report. We have a one bedroom plus.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
We are headed there next week and will arrive next Thursday for a couple of weeks. I will check back with a report. We have a one bedroom plus.

What is the report? Extra 1/2 bathroom or just better view?

4Sunsets

Reaction score
I thought plus was corner units, and premier was top floor?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I thought plus was corner units, and premier was top floor?

The only units with a "Premier" designation at Borgo are the 3BR units. All 1BR/2BR are standard or Plus.

rdw95

Reaction score
The 1 BR plus is on the 2nd floor, and has a bath and a half.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
When our friends stayed with us I put them in a regular 1 bedroom. It was on the first floor. But those units were kind of up the hill and had a great view. The unit was on the smaller side. Of course they didn’t care—10 nights free in Tuscany. And they loved all the herbs growing right outside their door.

rdw95

Reaction score
We loved our time at Burgo, and are in the process of purchasing there.