• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

what's in a name

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Interval calls it "Vistana" something when they answer the phone. I used to reach the "Starwood Desk".

I couldn't quite understand what they said with they answered the phone today, but it definitely started with Vistana.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
i just had to call my owner's association and they answer the phone sheraton vacation club

They've always had separate reservation phone lines for Westin and Sheraton owners (and, it appears, HRA owners and Lakeside Terrace owners!), too. They never answered the phone as "Starwood."

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
They've always had separate reservation phone lines for Westin and Sheraton owners (and, it appears, HRA owners and Lakeside Terrace owners!), too. They never answered the phone as "Starwood."
Yet the title here says formally Stanwood.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Actually they did... the II number that I used was always answered as "Starwood Desk". I usually asked if I needed to speak to someone else about my Marriott exchange and they would say that they handed both Starwood and Marriott.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
So in the spirit of the New Year, new TUG forum software (fantastic - thank you @TUGBrian), and reorganization of the TUG forums (welcome to the top level WorldMark owners!) I thought I would dust off the cobwebs from this thread and see what others think of the Vistana forum name?

Personally I think we should now drop the "(formerly Starwood)" from the title since we are now coming up to four years since the name change and the Starwood name has now been thrown into the dustbin of history. Given the takeover by Marriott and the integration plans that are upcoming it seems that the Vistana name is also on the way out. Most communications I am getting are from the Sheraton or Westin Vacation Club rather than Vistana.

What would others think of renaming the forum to drop Starwood and incorporate the Westin and Sheraton names?

Can meets worms...discuss!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So in the spirit of the New Year, new TUG forum software (fantastic - thank you @TUGBrian), and reorganization of the TUG forums (welcome to the top level WorldMark owners!) I thought I would dust off the cobwebs from this thread and see what others think of the Vistana forum name?

Personally I think we should now drop the "(formerly Starwood)" from the title since we are now coming up to four years since the name change and the Starwood name has now been thrown into the dustbin of history. Given the takeover by Marriott and the integration plans that are upcoming it seems that the Vistana name is also on the way out. Most communications I am getting are from the Sheraton or Westin Vacation Club rather than Vistana.

What would others think of renaming the forum to drop Starwood and incorporate the Westin and Sheraton names?

Can meets worms...discuss!
I was just thinking about this yesterday too. I agree with an updated forum name.

Perhaps "Westin & Sheraton Vacation Clubs (Vistana)"

I don't think you want to leave Vistana out of the forum name since it is probably what many people searching the web will search for, in addition to Sheraton and Westin. Not sure there is a real clean way to name the forum but "(Formally Starwood)" certainly needs to go.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, we can edit the vistana title...although the term "vistana signature experiences" likely needs to stay since thats the most searched term by owners looking for info for that. (and its the name of the system)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
speaking of searches @TUGBrian , many times we need to search short words or acronyms: RCI, VSN, SDO, WLR etc. As you know most TUGgers use those rather than the full names. The system does not allow such 2 or 3 letter searches but it would be beneficial IMO if the most commonly used would be exempted from this rule. Thank you for updating the site by the way, it is great.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
yea, we can edit the vistana title...although the term "vistana signature experiences" likely needs to stay since thats the most searched term by owners looking for info for that. (and its the name of the system)

I agree we should drop Starwood but we should retain Vistana Signature Experiences as all of my association emails come from "Vistana Signature Experiences". I would have no problem including Westin and Sheraton.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It would seem that based on Google Trends, the term "Vistana Signature Experiences" is the least searched when compared to Westin or Sheraton Vacation Club

2019-12-30_11-10-48.jpg

The term "Vistana" dwarfs them all.
2019-12-30_11-16-54.jpg

I see no reason to have "Signature Experiences" in the name. It needlessly makes the title too long to prevent adding any reference to Sheraton or Westin in the title.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok..we can tinker around with it a bit. see how it looks to folks! thats about a short as I can make it!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like it! :thumbup:

Thanks Brian!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I like it!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Yes! Clear and inclusive.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Works for me!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hilarious- this isn’t much different than someone suggested back in 2016.

Vistana (Westin & Sheraton Vacation Clubs)

of course leaves out Harborside... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilarious- this isn’t much different than someone suggested back in 2016.

Vistana (Westin & Sheraton Vacation Clubs)

of course leaves out Harborside... ;)

It’s part of the reason why I reached back to the old thread rather than starting a new one!

Until Harborside plays nice with the rest of the family and gives elite night credits for stays they can stay in the doghouse! :p