• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's a good web site for posting photos from multiple people

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
My class reunion is coming up in September and I volunteered to do a video. What website have you used like Shutterfly or Photo Bucket that you think is easy and will allow multiple people to post photos?

TIA!

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
My class reunion is coming up in September and I volunteered to do a video. What website have you used like Shutterfly or Photo Bucket that you think is easy and will allow multiple people to post photos?

TIA!

I probably wouldn't use Shutterfly or Snapfish for such an effort, although if you think people will want to create & buy novelties with the photos, maybe it is a good enough venue. People would need to be very careful with their personal info (especially billing/credit cards) if they do make a purchase.

I think Flicker, Photo Bucket and SmugMug are all decent for photo/file sharing.

What software or web platform are you planning to use to create the video? Is there a way to have folks upload directly into that?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our class has used Classmates.com for (honestly, I'm dating myself) decades of our reunions. It seems pretty complete. Have no idea what it costs though. http://www.classmates.com/

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I'm not sure what support those other sites have for allowing multiple people share to one place, but I have used Shutterfly for a couple of years, and it works really well for that purpose.

You just set up the site (very simple), and then "invite" people via their email address. Each person then has their own login to the site, and you can secure it so that only members can see the contents. Everyone can post pictures, tag them, etc., plus you can have calendar events, messages and more that makes it more of a full "site" vs. just photo sharing. The is a free service, so by default Shutterfly will send out periodic emails, but you can opt out of that. Of course, they make money by selling prints, books, etc., but there is no obligation to purchase anything.

This link is where you can start or look into it. I have no vested interest in Shutterfly, except for being a satisfied customer.

Kurt

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm not sure what support those other sites have for allowing multiple people share to one place, but I have used Shutterfly for a couple of years, and it works really well for that purpose.

You just set up the site (very simple), and then "invite" people via their email address. Each person then has their own login to the site, and you can secure it so that only members can see the contents. Everyone can post pictures, tag them, etc., plus you can have calendar events, messages and more that makes it more of a full "site" vs. just photo sharing. The is a free service, so by default Shutterfly will send out periodic emails, but you can opt out of that. Of course, they make money by selling prints, books, etc., but there is no obligation to purchase anything.

This link is where you can start or look into it. I have no vested interest in Shutterfly, except for being a satisfied customer.

Kurt

That is very cool to know Kurt. Based on what he's saying, maybe Shutterfly is the better way to go.

As for the others I was suggesting, I was envisioning setting up an account with rather generic access info (password, etc) and then letting those in your group have the info necessary to sign into the account to post as if they were all the same person.

Since Shutterfly allows multiple people to sign up for and access a collection of photos, that seems to be pretty nifty to me.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
That is very cool to know Kurt. Based on what he's saying, maybe Shutterfly is the better way to go.
I was introduced to the Shutterfly "Share Sites" as they call them when my daughter's soccer team set one up. It was great for keeping track of game and practice schedules, as well as a common place for parents to share pictures and videos. And because of the individual logins, it was a secure place to post pictures of your kids. Since then, I have set up a couple sites for her softball teams in the last couple of years.

I'm sure other sites would be good as well -- I just thought I would share my experiences w/ Shutterfly.

Kurt

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
All very helpful, thanks! I have an account with Shutterfly personally so I'm familiar with their site. I am using Photodex's ProShow Gold which I used for my daughter's graduation video from high school 4 years ago (almost 5) and it was pretty easy and very cool end product. I had it burned through a professional duplicating service and only charged parents $5 for each DVD which covered my costs of duping, DVD soft cover and mailer and postage.

With technology advancements, I'm wondering if I'll be able to load it into cyber space and my classmates can download it and burn their own DVD. Anybody know if that's possible?

Thanks for being so NICE! ;-)

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible but I would have to wonder about the file size of a DVD. You could set up a free Dropbox account and share the folder via email with everyone else and it would allow them to download the file at no charge. I use Dropbox on a daily basis and find it to be the best means of sharing large files or if I'm working on multiple computers to have access to one version of a file so it eliminates the need to email things back and forth risking corruption, loss of the file or working on the wrong version.

As to picture sharing you can create a group in Flickr and people can then post their images to the group, a group will also have it's own forum for posting messages.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Shutterfly is great for something like this especially when you set up a shared site. I use it for everything now from classroom pictures, soccer, water polo, cruising, family reunions, camping trips, girl scouts, etc... I highly recommend it. People can print the pictures they want too. Great site and I highly recommend it.