Alan Wong's on King street is our favorite. We love their tasting menu with wine pairing.
I've taken my extended family members to the Cheesecake Factory, Hard Rock Cafe, Orchids Sunday Brunch, and Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar at the Waikiki Beach Marriot Resort. They all enjoyed it.
I generally use the restaurant reviews on tripadvisor, yelp and akueats.com.
I also look at the restaurant award & ratings:
Next month, I'm trying the following restaurants for the 1st time.
Hoku's at the Kahala Hotel for their Sunday Brunch
Azul at the Ihilani JW Marriott
Maybe during Happy Hour: Yardhouse, Hula Grill & Wolfgang’s Steakhouse
This old post might help with ideas on things to do depending on your interests - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=995664&postcount=31
I suggest picking up the Oahu Revealed Book as well - http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahcontents.html
Here's where I take my guests that never been to Oahu. I've been to these places several times and never grow tired of them...
- Pearl Harbor for the Arizona & Missouri. NOTE:There's also the Bowfin submarine & Pacific Aviation Museum
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (aka Punchbowl)
- Polynesian Cultural Center with evening show
- Iolani Palace
- Aloha Stadium Flea Market
- Bishop Museum
- Foster Botanical Gardens
- Circle Island tour with our rental car (Dole Plantation, Byodo-in Temple, Pali Lookout, Halona Blowhole, Lanikai Beach, etc)
- Ala Moana Shopping Center
Here are some additional places that I've taken guests depending on their interest. I've enjoyed them all...
- Waikiki Aquarium
- Hole in the Wall Food Tour
- Ukulele Lesson at the Royal Hawaiian Center
- Koaloha Ukulele Factory Tour
- Hanauma Bay for early morning snorkeling
- Diamond Head hike
- Lyon Arboretum
- Honolulu Academy of Arts
- Hale Koa Luau
- Farmer's Markets
Things on my wish list to do.
- US Army Museum located at Ft DeRussy
- Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens
- Royal Hawaiian Band’s free performances
- Waikiki Zoo
- Doris Duke Shangri La
- Hawai`i State Art Museum
- The Mission Houses Museum