• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What we know about the spread of Covid among children and whether shutting schools reduces the risk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, young school children in suburban Chicago having to sit outside on asphalt while it felt like 15 degrees outside to eat their snacks.

1610567983186.png

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
In the meantime, young school children in suburban Chicago having to sit outside on asphalt while it felt like 15 degrees outside to eat their snacks.
If a parent made their kid sit on their driveway to eat their lunch in similar conditions, how long would it take for someone to call CPS?

Kurt

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a parent made their kid sit on their driveway to eat their lunch in similar conditions, how long would it take for someone to call CPS?

Kurt
Exactly .

I saw someone earlier on TUG today arguing that things are opened up & back to normal in the US. This isn’t normal.

geekette

Reaction score
Wow. This is horrible.

Who can eat while shivering? Butts on pavement in winter is WRONG. There is no possibility of erecting a tent with tables and chairs and HEATERS? Are they supplying Chap Stick to the kids since they will most definitely have chapped lips from eating outside.

I would do everything possible for my kid to skip the snack and stay inside. Or yank my kid back home from lack of trusting the school to give any kind of crap about my kid.

Cold weather states vs warm weather states have quite different challenges. This is not a reasonable compromise.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Yikes. Is this happening in cities other than Chicago, as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
What the holy heck?!?
No snow pants, no gloves?
This is ridiculous.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The kids will be fine - as long as it is only a short break

IMO - in 30 years they will have a memory to laugh about.
I recall the the nuclear war drills from kindergarten ( 1960-61) when we were told to get under our desks -

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines

I recall the the nuclear war drills from kindergarten ( 1960-61) when we were told to get under our desks -
yeah, not buying it. The kids may very well be resentful as they should be. Our childhoods are full of rites of passages - looking forward to the same activities and milestones achieved by our siblings, and cousins and other kids.

The 1973 Oil embargo cancelled all those great field trips in high school I was so eager to experience. And my university chose to stay in session during the blizzard of '78. Limited electricity on campus due to the coal strike. Couldn't use our hair dryers; had to move our desks closer to the window for light. Empty grocery shelves. Coalminers riding around in the back of pickup trucks with shotguns, and a mayor whose position about the snow was. "God put it there, so God can remove it." Rather grim times! Postponements, then cancellations. It was a one & done year for me! Changed schools. Didn't go back for 30 years!

geekette

Reaction score

Did you make a habit of having your kids sit on pavement in freezing temperatures to give them meals? Would you do that at home now?

Were there hot coals under those desks you got under? What was the physical harm to you?

I am against having kids sit on pavement in freezing weather. Period. What they do at recess is their business.

I draw a line on planning outdoor meals for tots when weathermen are talking about "dangerous cold". These kids are going to have sores on their lips and possibly frostbite on their fingers. This is not the same as getting under your desk. This is not funny. It's dangerous and bad for these kids on top of so much bad for the kids already.

If I lived in the area and had a kid in the school and a complaint didn't stop it, I'd call CPS. This is that much Not OK. It will never be funny, no matter how many decades pass.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

And look how you turned out!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
And look how you turned out!
there were 50 kids in my grade 1 classroom / 150 first graders total- in 3 classrooms / 1200 in the elementary school
- an asphalt playground- (parking lot) - AND NO HELICOPTER PARENTS.
My childhood recollection was the principal reported directly to a divine authority.

Freeport (Long Island) NY - the peak baby boom years

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
there were 50 kids in my grade 1 classroom / 150 first graders total- in 3 classrooms / 1200 in the elementary school
- an asphalt playground- (parking lot) - AND NO HELICOPTER PARENTS.
My childhood recollection was the principal reported directly to a divine authority.

Freeport (Long Island) NY - the peak baby boom years
Children eating outside on pavement in winter in Chicago has absolutely nothing to do with helicopter parents