• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What was your teenagers favorite exchange?

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 4 teenagers and I'm interested in what resorts other teenagers have enjoyed. I know Orlando resorts have lots of things for teens to do (along with all the parks).

We thought next summer we might try a coastal Florida/California resort where they could take surfing lessons. But I'm interested in finding out about other resorts teens enjoyed.

Thanks!
Wendy

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We pretty much use our timeshares and go to Hawaii every summer. Our girls love that. They also enjoyed Whistler last summer, and Washingon state when we went there. I really can't think of a vacation we've taken that they haven't enjoyed.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
H. G. V. C. Sea World.

Not really our teenager, but the daughter of an old friend The Chief Of Staff has known since 1960.

Teen & her mom had an outstanding time with us at HGVC Sea World -- also enjoyed the Sea World theme park just about every day except the day we went to Disney's Animal Kingdom & the day we took her to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. The young lady also enjoyed the Arabian Nights dinner show & Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede (which has since shut down its Orlando location).

That's our only timeshare vacation -- so far -- with a teenager.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 16 year old & 17 year old, daughter and son want to go back to Hilton Hawaiian Village again....sounds good to me! :)

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
My boys love Grand Timber Lodge in the winter but they really also enjoyed San Clemente Inn in California. My older son still wants to go back and take surfing lessons. They liked California for it's atmosphere and coolness. :whoopie: They were not that big of fans of Disney World. Weird kids.

sue

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We thought next summer we might try a coastal Florida/California resort where they could take surfing lessons. But I'm interested in finding out about other resorts teens enjoyed.

Thanks!
Wendy

I am not a surfer but from my understanding in California surfing is more popular in the cooler months when the swells are higher. Maybe someone else with some surfing experience can give their knowledge here.

Last edited:

Dave*H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hand's down, the Christie Lodge in Avon. We stayed in a room where the ping pong tables and hot tubs were right outside the room. The convenience and frequency of the shuttle to Beaver Creek right outside the front door meant they could come and go to the mountain as they pleased. They prefer it over Sheraton Mountain Vista and Grand Timber Lodge. In my experience, teenagers put a premium on independence, activities, and convenience and could care less about granite counter tops and other room luxuries with the exception of a wanting a TV in every room.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Our kids are older now, but I think they would agree that their favorites were always Disneyworld, but they would also say Ocean Shores, Washington. They all took horseback riding lessons, and the boys really enjoyed riding horses on the beach. Our daughter was younger, so she didn't get to ride.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
My teens loved Orange Lake. So many activities, and they could be on their own for most of the time. We also did the Disney waterparks during our stay...which was a big hit. (Of course, it may have helped that I allowed my oldest, 18 at the time, and his friends to have their own unit...right next to ours).

They also enjoy Hilton Head---nice variety of activities---swimming, golf, biking, tennis, hanging out at Coligny, etc. It was much more "low key" and relaxing. We try to return to HHI every summer.....and for the past 4 summers, my older children bring along a friend. Sometimes we exchange into a large 3BR unit, other times, we have exchanged for 2 units...and give the kids their "own space". It works out great.

The other trip that was a favorite was Sedona...which far surpassed my kids' expectations. They loved hiking in the Red Rocks, Slide Rock park, visiting the Grand Canyon....and just hanging out at the resort (Sedona Springs).

My kids aren't much into "sightseeing"---but they love to do sports and other activities, and just hang with friends...and occasionally, mom and dad. :D

DEB

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Our teen's really enjoyed the 3 bedroom at Westin St. John. They also love Marriott Waiohai in Hawaii. And for skiing - they think Marriott Summit Watch in Park City and Westgate at The Canyons are awesome for skiing.boarding.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Our three kids love Cabo every year at the Pueblo Bonito Rose. They've also enjoyed the Fairfield Alexandria when we visited Washington, D.C.; Manhattan Club for New York City; Silver Lake Points for Orlando & Disneyworld; Dolphin Cove in Anaheim for Disneyland; and Eagle Crest in Oregon three times when our son got to bring several buddies; Whistler a couple of times; and Kauai, Hawaii at Lawai Beach.

I think their all-time favorite (and mine, too) would have to be a DAE exchange for two weeks in London.

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Houses at Summer Bay was my kids hands down favorite resort. I couldn't get them out of the pool to go anywhere. They still talk about it to this day and want to know why we just can't go there every year.:D