• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What was updated/improved upon with the website shutdown last night?

Jae1242

Reaction score
I'm still getting "Something unexpected just happened"

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I can't sign in either. I tried to call in and got a message that they're closed due to unforeseen circumstances.

If they can't do anything, there's no point in answering the phone!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t sign in either.

Why is it so difficult to have a reliable website? For a Fortune 500 company that can easily pass along any and all costs for said website to its customers? Inexcusable.

Jae1242

Reaction score
Now when I call "Currently experiencing an interruption in telephone service"

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I’m getting a message to reset my password. Not going to chance the change. I’m sure it’s not a password issue.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham should change, “Something unexpected just happened” to “Something EXPECTED just happened.” It would be a more accurate statement.

Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t log in either. Hope this is fixed by this afternoon I have some reservations I need to cancel.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Still cannot log in.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ditto

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Bummer. I would call, but you know they are being inundated by unhappy owners.

Jae1242

Reaction score
Was able to login but got this message at top of screen "Your owner site is currently unavailable. Club Wyndham travel experts are working quickly to restore login and booking. Thank you for your patience as this error is resolved" Guess I will just leave it alone today

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Bummer. I would call, but you know they are being inundated by unhappy owners.

Just adding my voice. I am getting the same thing. I did manage to log in via Chrome incognito... but "no upcoming reservations." Well, that isn't true, my wife and daughter are checking in to Galena this afternoon. Anyway... to your point. I AM going to call and make sure they ARE inundated with unhappy owners. I try to be very rational and objective, but this is pathetic, pure and simple. I will be very polite to the VC (not their fault), but Wyndham needs to know this is unacceptable in every way we can communicate it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just logged in but it is still messed up.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I was able to get logged in earlier and was able to see the first few upcoming reservations. I was also able to see my bucket list and the availability calendar at a couple of resorts. At one resort the calendar eventually got to where it was showing no availability on days that hadn't been available yesterday. I was pretty excited thinking that meant we'd be back up shortly. However after a while when nothing more was happening I logged out. I was able to log in again a little bit ago but couldn't even see what I was able to see earlier. Looks like they're back to square one. Does that mean the system crashed a second time? I logged out not wanting to make things more difficult because we're overloading the system while they're trying to fix it. Not sure that's even a thing anymore but I want the system back up asap.

With this being Friday, one of the busier check in days, and 2pm ET fast approaching for any resorts in this time zone it's not a good day to be working the check in desk at the resorts.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wyndham is experiencing significant reported issues with multiple applications and systems today. It doesn't appear limited to just Club Wyndham from what we have observed. The Club Wyndham website is actually cloud based - so the website itself is still accessible - but the login process and all other inventory functions are reliant upon middleware systems that Wyndham hosts that are experiencing issues. That's as much as we know. No ETA has been given on remediation. The website has the "down for maintenance" page currently displaying whenever attempting owner login. Personally, I would expect intermittent issues for the remainder of the day at least.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is experiencing significant reported issues with multiple applications and systems today. It doesn't appear limited to just Club Wyndham from what we have observed. The Club Wyndham website is actually cloud based - so the website itself is still accessible - but the login process and all other inventory functions are reliant upon middleware systems that Wyndham hosts that are experiencing issues. That's as much as we know. No ETA has been given on remediation. The website has the "down for maintenance" page currently displaying whenever attempting owner login. Personally, I would expect intermittent issues for the remainder of the day at least.

Thank you. We do appreciate the update. While it would be great to never have these sorts of issues it is understandable. Is there any way that you could suggest that this type of accurate update be placed on the website as opposed to the current as “we upgrade your online experience” line.

Does anyone at Wyndham really think the owners believe that line? Would it not be better to honestly state the status? It’s dignifying to be told the truth.

Just my opinion.

Wes

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
what is VIP Reservation Number? Do they allow calls to add guest name?

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
It would be nice if they would just send an email blast out indicating issues. They do these blasts for other things...

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know what would really be nice? Wyndham hire people that can deal with these website issues in a timely manner.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
"Something Unexpected Just Happened" should be the theme for this forum or even better "Something Unexpected Just Happened" TUGBBS t-shirt

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
You know what would really be nice? Wyndham hire people that can deal with these website issues in a timely manner.

Make offers to some of those travel experts, although I didn't think travel experts would be the ones to fix IT problems. I thought it was Sales that fixed IT problems!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea but Competent people come at a higher cost. You guys just don't get it. Sales is where they spend the money and what profits them the most. Owners tring to book are a captive market and have no other choice but to grin and bear it.