• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What was updated/improved upon with the website shutdown last night?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something unexpected happened, I got in. Login now working. Everything working properly.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
From what we have been told the issues had been resolved and the owner website is back online and accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VacayKat

Reaction score
From what we have been told the issues had been resolved and the owner website is back online and accessible.

They need to somehow fix the redirection of a reload to the down page when it comes back up- it kept loading the down page for me until i typed the website address in. :/

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something expected just happened, I’m out again. Can login, but nothing is happening.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I figured this would be a good place to leave this nugget of information. I have been able to login and everything looks to be working correctly. That said, I can not login on my preferred browser; web or mobile. I was having this issue last week as well. As soon as I hit login I received our favorite message above the user name field. I use Brave and keep pretty strict privacy settings. Wyndham's site has the following four trackers / scripts on the login page (There are 14 on the home landing page).
I am not sure which one of these causes the error during login, but If I go to a private window with shields off and login it works as expected. I can even turn shields back on and it will work correctly including logging back in, so a cookie, likely third party, is getting set the first time that is being reused. I may experiment to figure out which is causing the issue, but likely I will just keep using a private window with Tor.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
They need to somehow fix the redirection of a reload to the down page when it comes back up- it kept loading the down page for me until i typed the website address in. :/

Once you are redirected to the site down page - it’s not going to somehow redirect back to the original page - you have to return to the original page. If a redirect were to be used for the down page - it would introduce the real possibility of an endless loop - which would have actually occurred in this instance - as the problems have recurred and the site is again offline.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Once you are redirected to the site down page - it’s not going to somehow redirect back to the original page - you have to return to the original page. If a redirect were to be used for the down page - it would introduce the real possibility of an endless loop - which would have actually occurred in this instance - as the problems have recurred and the site is again offline.

I guess just disabling the url was what I was thinking- no loop to be had if you write a function that tests for which url is online and sends you to the one that is live. Other websites have it figured out so that when it comes back online you’re redirected to the live site.
I guess I just feel it’s pretty crappy to be wondering when the site will come back on line after a planned outage with no way to find out other than to sit there and keep typing the url only for the page to be redirected. If they can’t figure out how to send owners back to the login page they should give a timeline for planned outages (e.g. from 12pm pst to 4:30am pst) so we aren't left to wonder.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I guess just disabling the url was what I was thinking- no loop to be had if you write a function that tests for which url is online and sends you to the one that is live. Other websites have it figured out so that when it comes back online you’re redirected to the live site.
I guess I just feel it’s pretty crappy to be wondering when the site will come back on line after a planned outage with no way to find out other than to sit there and keep typing the url only for the page to be redirected. If they can’t figure out how to send owners back to the login page they should give a timeline for planned outages (e.g. from 12pm pst to 4:30am pst) so we aren't left to wonder.
And wasn't the planned outage earlier? Like this all happened a day late. Not the first time it seems like the notification of down time is off. I thought the down time was planned for something like 9pm Wednesday night.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I figured this would be a good place to leave this nugget of information. I have been able to login and everything looks to be working correctly. That said, I can not login on my preferred browser; web or mobile. I was having this issue last week as well. As soon as I hit login I received our favorite message above the user name field. I use Brave and keep pretty strict privacy settings. Wyndham's site has the following four trackers / scripts on the login page (There are 14 on the home landing page).
I am not sure which one of these causes the error during login, but If I go to a private window with shields off and login it works as expected. I can even turn shields back on and it will work correctly including logging back in, so a cookie, likely third party, is getting set the first time that is being reused. I may experiment to figure out which is causing the issue, but likely I will just keep using a private window with Tor.
Interesting...

Firstly - I am able to login now, this is the first time today I've tried for quite some time (so yay for that)

Secondly - Interesting comments about logging in. I, too, have been having issues for a week or two. Can't login on cell phone, can login if I use incognito in chrome or if I use Safari. Once I enter my username, password, and the recaptcha, and the hit Login, it updates my password to the Password * tooltip (wiping out my password). (Can't make this sh*t up).

1623459634598.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
And wasn't the planned outage earlier? Like this all happened a day late. Not the first time it seems like the notification of down time is off. I thought the down time was planned for something like 9pm Wednesday night.

The planned downtime was Wednesday evening and occurred as planned. What occurred today was an unplanned outage of multiple systems.

Jae1242

Reaction score
I was finally able to login in this evening. Not sure what changed. It's all looks the same. Must be some big behind the scene changes happening‍...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The planned downtime was Wednesday evening and occurred as planned. What occurred today was an unplanned outage of multiple systems.

OH... So something unexpected happened? :ROFLMAO:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Is it just coincidence or does it seem that “unplanned outages” so very often follow the “planned outages”? Perhaps whatever they change or “fix” includes something they forgot to properly install. It just seems quite often that an “upgrade” leads to worse problems than before. All of this makes me feel like I have hired an unskilled worker to fix car and afterwards it keeps having problems worse than the one I wanted repaired.

Wes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Is it just coincidence or does it seem that “unplanned outages” so very often follow the “planned outages”? Perhaps whatever they change or “fix” includes something they forgot to properly install. It just seems quite often that an “upgrade” leads to worse problems than before. All of this makes me feel like I have hired an unskilled worker to fix car and afterwards it keeps having problems worse than the one I wanted repaired.

Wes.

This is what I understand from what other people who do have computer/programming expertise have said. Every time IT, not just Wyndham IT, goes in to change something it isn't unusual for something else to be affected and cause an issue. The older the system and the number of changes and fixes that have been made, even with newer systems, the more likely it is that there will be issues.

I don't know if it follows that a minor tweak is less likely to cause issues than a major change will. Since we know that booking and inventory were where the problems were does it follow that whatever Wyndham IT did on Wednesday night have anything to do with the outage of Friday? Again not having any IT background I have no idea if issues arise almost immediately or sometimes take a day or two to cause a problem. I get the impression that it can be either or both. While it's entirely possible the outage had nothing to do with whatever was done on Wednesday night, I don't think we can fault anyone for thinking it might have. I'll have to rely others who are a lot more knowledgeable than I am to figure that out.

After someone else told me they take pictures of all their reservations and point totals right before any scheduled update I've started doing that too. Yesterday I was really glad I hadn't remembered to delete those pictures yet.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
And are there any discrepancies today?

That would be, uh what’s the word, bad.

Everything was okay. Since we have a big family vacation that I'm still working on coming up next month I would have been really anxious all day if I hadn't had those pictures. I know I missed taking them a time or two with previous updates but I will make a concerted effort to make sure I don't miss doing it in the future. The two or three minutes it took me to take those pictures was time well spent.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This is what I understand from what other people who do have computer/programming expertise have said. Every time IT, not just Wyndham IT, goes in to change something it isn't unusual for something else to be affected and cause an issue. The older the system and the number of changes and fixes that have been made, even with newer systems, the more likely it is that there will be issues.

I don't know if it follows that a minor tweak is less likely to cause issues than a major change will. Since we know that booking and inventory were where the problems were does it follow that whatever Wyndham IT did on Wednesday night have anything to do with the outage of Friday? Again not having any IT background I have no idea if issues arise almost immediately or sometimes take a day or two to cause a problem. I get the impression that it can be either or both. While it's entirely possible the outage had nothing to do with whatever was done on Wednesday night, I don't think we can fault anyone for thinking it might have. I'll have to rely others who are a lot more knowledgeable than I am to figure that out.

After someone else told me they take pictures of all their reservations and point totals right before any scheduled update I've started doing that too. Yesterday I was really glad I hadn't remembered to delete those pictures yet.

Yes, there are unintended consequences. This is why most, or at least competent, companies test those changes before moving them to production. Thorough testing will find those problems and allow them to be fixed BEFORE the users ever see them. An excellent example is TugBrian's request for users to go in and test the new changes to see what problems pop up before moving them up. Wyndham's testing method (for the past 15 years of experience with Worldmark) is to move things into production and let the users test it for them. Incompetent IT done on the cheap. So, yes, ALWAYS document your reservations etc before their IT gets their hands of the programming.

Sue

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yet another reason we want a faster more functional website without all the fluff and frilly photos on something as utilitarian as a list of upcoming reservations. I dread having to take all those photos of my myriad of upcoming reservations. I’d actually go back to the old way that defaulted to the furthest reservations first. But it had more than three reservations on a screen shot.

The current fluff actually has a mapping feature allowing me to see where my reservation is located. When would I ever use that asinine feature?

Wes.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Now that we're back on-line, let's go to the question posed by OP -- has anyone seen anything that was updated or improved?

troy12n

Reaction score
Now that we're back on-line, let's go to the question posed by OP -- has anyone seen anything that was updated or improved?

The website is online, but there is no inventory. I'm guessing the front end got fixed, but the back end database which houses inventory is still down, or borked. Because it's not showing ANY inventory to me at ANY RESORT... frustrating